Windows 10: Clone Windows 10 From 500GB HDD TO 240GB SSD

Discus and support Clone Windows 10 From 500GB HDD TO 240GB SSD in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi looking for the easiest and hassle free as possible way, to clone Windows 10 from 500GB HDD to 240GB SSD, seen a tutorial using easus, clone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by gibbsy09, Jun 28, 2020.

1. gibbsy09 Win User

Clone Windows 10 From 500GB HDD TO 240GB SSD

Hi looking for the easiest and hassle free as possible way, to clone Windows 10 from 500GB HDD to 240GB SSD, seen a tutorial using easus, clone and back, on YouTube using a usb to sata cable, is this a good way to proceed, or could I run into problems, looking for any suggestions Thanks.

:)

gibbsy09, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Smears Win User

Restore Image or Clone from HDD to new SSD?

I have a single, non-partitioned (C:\ drive only) 500GB HDD in a desktop PC, using approx. 80 percent of it. I want to install a 500GB SSD, and clone or restore an image of the HDD to it. Once that's complete and successful, I plan to wipe the 500GB HDD
    and then move my large libraries of media from the newly installed SSD to it. My future holds lots of video editing and compiling, so the extra storage will help, along with the better performance via the SSD (and upgraded RAM as well).

I'm unable to find after much research a definitive answer as to whether cloning the HDD to the SSD is better than restoring an image of the HDD to the SSD. I've read where cloning will carry over bad sectors and such where imaging will not. I think I'm
    leaning toward image restore, keeping a copy of it on an external 1TB drive I have, to which I can periodically do image backups of the new, separate drives.

I'd also like to find a tutorial re: the same. Thanks in advance for any help.

Smears, Jun 29, 2020
  3. dark2099 Win User
    HDD to SSD clone

So I am trying to clone a 500GB HDD onto a 240GB SSD, only tried with Acronis 2018, but that whines that partition sizes are different can it can't be done. Is there away around this, should I try a different software, do I need to repartition the 500GB? Thanks!

dark2099, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Clone Windows 10 From 500GB HDD TO 240GB SSD

500GB SSD vs 240GB + 1TB HDD

i use a 120gb ssd for OS, 240gb ssd for Blizzard games and a 1TB HDD for everything else. I would upgrade the 240 to a 580/500gb if i had the chance though *Smile Clone Windows 10 From 500GB HDD TO 240GB SSD :)

AlienIsGOD, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Clone Windows 10 From 500GB HDD TO 240GB SSD

1. Clone Windows 10 From 500GB HDD TO 240GB SSD - Similar Threads - Clone 500GB HDD

2. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  3. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  4. How to clone a 500GB HDD to a 120 GB SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to clone a 500GB HDD to a 120 GB SSD?: I own a 120GB SSD I'd like to install in my desktop PC. Currently I have a 500 GB HDD, almost full, just a single partition. I need some way to clone it with the option of selecting just what I want to clone (in my case just Windows and my programs). Then I'd like to use my...
  5. HDD to SSD clone.

HDD to SSD clone.: Want to transfer my whole operating system along with the data from a HDD to a SSD but don't know how to do it. Help needed. SSD not yet bought so suggestion on what company to buy from are welcome. Currently using western digital wd10spzx-60z10t0 1TB. Let me know if more...
  6. Cloning an SSD from an HDD

Cloning an SSD from an HDD: Im planning on swapping out my laptops HDD with an SSD, and I was wondering if the OS clones to the new drive? Also I have a few programs that have licenses using ilok so would those carry over too or would i have to authenticate my software again? Thanks in advance!...
  7. Cloning Windows from an HDD to an SSD

Cloning Windows from an HDD to an SSD: I'm trying to clone my Windows PC. I have a 220GB SSD installed with a 1 TB HDD. What I'm trying to do is clone Windows and leave my documents and Images etc: on the HDD. When setting up the cloning software I have deleted the "Users" folder from the cloning operation. I now...
  8. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using MiniTool Partition Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  9. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using Macrium Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  10. Clone HDD to SSD

Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058