Windows 10: Clone windows 10 hd

Discus and support Clone windows 10 hd in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Once I am satisfied with my laptop set up (laptop #1), I want to clone the hd and put it in an identical laptop. HD's are identical. The laptop (#2)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jvallee, Aug 14, 2019.

1. jvallee Win User

Clone windows 10 hd

Once I am satisfied with my laptop set up (laptop #1), I want to clone the hd and put it in an identical laptop.
    HD's are identical.
    The laptop (#2) that the cloned drive is going into has a valid Windows 10 install now, but it is has some corruption that apparently can't be fixed. So I want to remove it's hd, clone from good working laptop (#1) and reinstall in laptop #2.

Question is what about Windows 10 Product ID? I think I can change it in System settings. I don't want Windows to misbehave on #2 because it doesn't think it's a valid install.

#1 will be synced to #2 to ensure I have a second machine at the ready when and if I need it.

:)

jvallee, Aug 14, 2019
  2. MDxLady13 Win User

Cloning HD

Trying to clone HD using Acronis True Image 2015.

When in the process, requires restart. Restart doesn't finish cloning process, rather it abandons it.

So, my understanding is that I need to turn secure boot off.

My BIOS is in legacy mode, and this does NOT provide the option anywhere to turn secure boot off.

Is there an other way?

Do I have to use UEFI?

I need step by step info, I am a novice at this.

Computer info:

Dell Inspiron N5010

Windows 10 Home, 2016

8 GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU

MDxLady13, Aug 14, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Cloning HD

I don't know about Acronis, but I use the Free version of
    AOMEI Partition Assistant
    to clone Drives and have never had any trouble . . .

Click HERE for a step by step on cloning your hard drive with AOMEI

DaveM121, Aug 14, 2019
  4. g geek Win User

Clone windows 10 hd

clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

My HP Vista laptop took a swim and died. I pulled the 320MB HD, put it in an external enclosure and found it still good. Bought a new Dell Win 10 machine w/ 1TB HD. Plan was to:

• Partition off a piece of the new 1TB w/ native Win10 Disk Management.

• Clone the 320MB Vista drive into the new partition w/ Easeus Partition Manager.

• Run Paragon-adaptive-restore on the Vista partition.

• Set up as dual-boot Win10 / Vista.
    Ran into problems right away. Apparently can't clone the MBR HD to a GPT partition and have it remain bootable. Don't see a way to do this without wiping the new Dell 1TB clean – which I'm hesitant to do, especially since I'm about 6000 miles from
    home right now.

• What's the solution to cloning the MBR drive to a bootable GPT partition?

• Am I on the right track? I really want to preserve this Vista installation - I have 30+ years of data in legacy programs on it that would be very difficult to access in Win10.
    TIA

g geek, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Clone windows 10 hd

1. Clone windows 10 hd - Similar Threads - Clone

2. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  3. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  4. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  5. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  6. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  8. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  9. Cloning a Game to Two Monitors Causes PC Monitor to Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cloning a Game to Two Monitors Causes PC Monitor to Freeze: Hello,I have posted this before but never had a true solution. I had a workaround where I set League of Legends to use "Dx9 Legacy Mode" and did not have a problem. However, with Riot deprecating the support for Dx9, this issue will resurface. Below is what was in my previous...
  10. PRoblems cloning an NVMe

PRoblems cloning an NVMe: I asked about this on Bleeping Computer two days ago, but didn't get a reply.I'm trying to clone a 250GB NVMe boot to a 2TB NVMe. I've done this successfully four times before, but I.m having problems this time, The other times I used a fresh new drive, this time I'm trying...