Windows 10: Clone Windows 10 without transferring license

Discus and support Clone Windows 10 without transferring license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Our PCs each have its own retail Windows 10 Home license. All have Intel processor / board of various generations. I use same amount of the disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by A Mok, May 6, 2020.

1. A Mok Win User

Clone Windows 10 without transferring license

Our PCs each have its own retail Windows 10 Home license. All have Intel processor / board of various generations. I use same amount of the disk space for Windows on each of them regardless of how big each's hard drive is.

What is the correct way to clone a disk to another PC without appearing to the activation server that I am trying to transfer the license?

I want to clean install on all my PCs without having to wait for hours for Windows Update and redo all the settings on every one of them:

1. Clean install on one PC

2. Windows Update. Install a dozen software. Install a hundred patches. Change the wallpaper while at it...

3. Clone the disk to all the other PCs.

4. Each activates independently.

:)

A Mok, May 6, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, May 6, 2020
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Clone Windows 10 without transferring license - Similar Threads - Clone without transferring

2. Transfer of windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of windows 10 license: Can I transfer this windows 10 home that I got with this laptop to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-windows-10-license/20b613cd-ca37-483f-b475-275a48801114
  3. Transfer Windows 10 license?

Transfer Windows 10 license?: I have replaced my old Dell Optiplex 780 with a newer Dell Optiplex 9020. I would like to transfer the Windows 10 Home OS license I bought for the old PC to my Lenovo Laptop that originally came with Windows 7. How can I transfer this license? Robert Reedy...
  4. transfer windows 10 license

transfer windows 10 license: I recently had to replace my motherboard and can't find a way to transfer my license. I have the product key still but I was unable to uninstall it from my previous device prior to the change. It did not come preloaded. I have the key through my school. Are there any...
  5. Cloned licenses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloned licenses: i cloned my hdd to an ssd and now both have functioning windows 10? did i duplicate the license? submitted by /u/Insain-Person [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ic53zs/cloned_licenses/
  6. Windows 10 License Transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 License Transfer: Hello, I had a Retail Windows 10 License that I went ahead and transferred from one of my PC's to a new one. Windows seems fine, it states that it is activated; the issue is when I use CMD to check my License type the Retail License now says OEM. Any reason on why? I though a...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 License without access to old computer

Transfer Windows 10 License without access to old computer: Hi. I was using a laptop with a digital Windows 10 Pro license that I had purchased. The laptop suddenly stopped working and I'm unable to boot it up anymore. I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I wanted to know if there is a way to transfer the Pro...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 License?

Transfer Windows 10 License?: I’m building a new PC in a few days, and I want to know if I can use my Windows 10 key on my current computer on the new one. I’m fine with ‘deactivating’ Windows on my current computer....
  9. Transferring Windows 10 license

Transferring Windows 10 license: I have recently bought a desktop & will sale my laptop. My laptop came with windows 8.1 pre-installed & then I upgraded to windows 10. Note:I don't have a product key & activation status says "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account". Now,...
  10. Windows 10 license transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 license transfer: My main PC has non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise, so i wish to transfer Windows 10 license from laptop that I don't use anymore but it has Windows 10 pro. How can I transfer Windows 10 pro from a computer to another computer which already has Enterprise version of Windows?...