Windows 10: Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

Discus and support Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Long ago I acquired a 2TB SSD to replace a 2 TB HDD but with the intent for the HDD to replace the optical drive for extra space for gaming and how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

Long ago I acquired a 2TB SSD to replace a 2 TB HDD but with the intent for the HDD to replace the optical drive for extra space for gaming and how these became 100s of gigs lately .

So back then I tried to look up a solution for just cloning the system partitions as I had no plans to move all data but just have the OS run from SSD while continuing to access older data from HDD , the only software that seemed to manage that trick was Minitool Partition Wizard where it cloned the HDD's OS partition along with all other hidden system partitions but kept the rest of the drive as free space .

Now that it had been a while I was considering re-cloning of system partition over to the HDD to keep it up to date in case of emergencies . I could not confirm from any source that Minitool Partition Wizard can do that without affecting the rest of the data on the drive .

So yes the cloned system partitions are identical in size allocations but the rest of both driver have different partition sizes and data .

My experience with Minitool Partition Wizard isn't that pleasant as I have had it that several times it destroyed data without confirmation on certain requests hence why I need confirmation on this one , weather it would copy the OS partitions just or would rather delete the whole drive in the process .

P.S If you believe you do know of a better software to handle that then please share your thoughts .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Klusie31 Win User

Clone hard drive partition

I cloned hard drive A from hard drive B. Hard drive B had two partitions, two Windows operating systems cloned successfully to hard drive A.

Recently Windows 10 took a dump on it's partition on hard drive A. My question is, do I boot from hard drive B to clone the Windows 10 to a like

partition on hard drive A, and, must I reformat the destination partition on hard drive A or will AOMEI partition assistant automatically take

care of that???

Any help I get on this will be greatly appreciated.

Klusie31, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Darkmind Win User
    partition cloning help!

Well I just bought a SATA seagate 320gb 7200.10 hard drive. I had to get a power adapter, but anyway. It's in as Drive F (did disk management). Now all I want to do is clone the partition from my old hard drive to my new hard drive. Copy windows and everything else over on my new hard drive, take out my old drive and then use the new drive as the primary C drive. I have norton ghost, and partition magic. I heard ghost is much better. Could someone tell me step by step how to accomplish this? I think I know how, but I do NOT wanna take any chances here..

Darkmind, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Darkmind Win User

Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

partition cloning help!

Erm, so I used norton ghost to clone the partition, now how do i get it so my new drive is bootable?

Darkmind, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

1. Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive - Similar Threads - Clone partition without

2. Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?: I have a laptop with a 1 tb internal ssd with windows 11. In addition to the C: drive there is a large D: drive partition with important data along with other partitions with other os's. I need to send the laptop in for repair of the audio system. I don't want to delete the...
  3. Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?: I have a laptop with a 1 tb internal ssd with windows 11. In addition to the C: drive there is a large D: drive partition with important data along with other partitions with other os's. I need to send the laptop in for repair of the audio system. I don't want to delete the...
  4. Copying the system partition without cloning as such?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Copying the system partition without cloning as such?: I need to replace the SSD with the Windows partition on it because it is dying. The problem is that when I try to make a copy of the system, the image fails an integrity check, presumably because the SSD hardware itself is a bit messed up. I've tried using both AOMEI...
  5. Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive

Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive: I am trying to clone only System partitions from a 1TB SSD to a 4TB SSD that has 2 partitions filled with data but enough free space at its beginning to host the System partitions . 1st attempt I tried the copy System partitions only on Minitool Partition Wizard but was...
  6. Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive: Long ago I acquired a 2TB SSD to replace a 2 TB HDD but with the intent for the HDD to replace the optical drive for extra space for gaming and how these became 100s of gigs lately . So back then I tried to look up a solution for just cloning the system partitions as I had...
  7. Clone OS partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone OS partition: Hey, I’m having trouble moving my windows 10 install over to my new ssd. I have tried cloning the entire disk and or all partitions from old to new drive using easeus, minitool, and aomei, but nothing seems to work after if clone everything, I restarted pc and booted from new...
  8. Clone hard drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone hard drive partition: I cloned hard drive A from hard drive B. Hard drive B had two partitions, two Windows operating systems cloned successfully to hard drive A. Recently Windows 10 took a dump on it's partition on hard drive A. My question is, do I boot from hard drive B to clone the Windows...
  9. Cloning Profile Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning Profile Partition: Quite some time ago, with lots of help from folks here, I put my boot partition and user profiles/data on separate hard drives, C: and D:, respectively. Recently, the drive for my user profiles, D:, started having a SMART error. This prevented a normal reboot sequence which...
  10. Clone Windows Partition

Clone Windows Partition: I want to clone my windows partition to a 250GB SSD. C currently resides on a 3TB drive that has 4 other partitions on it. Using Macrium I can see the C partition fine along with the rest. I only want the C to be cloned and not the rest which obviously wont fit anyway. Do I...