Windows 10: Clone Windows Partition

Discus and support Clone Windows Partition in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want to clone my windows partition to a 250GB SSD. C currently resides on a 3TB drive that has 4 other partitions on it. Using Macrium I can see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by veldthui, May 20, 2018.

1. veldthui Win User

Clone Windows Partition

I want to clone my windows partition to a 250GB SSD. C currently resides on a 3TB drive that has 4 other partitions on it. Using Macrium I can see the C partition fine along with the rest. I only want the C to be cloned and not the rest which obviously wont fit anyway.

Do I just highlight the C partition and hit the clone? Once cloned and booting off the SSD I will delete the old C partition and expand the following partition into its space.

:)

veldthui, May 20, 2018

2. Multiple partitions found when trying to clone C: drive

I am having a problem trying to clone my C: drive on my Windows 10 64-bit system.

I decided to install a new, bigger hard drive and clone my C: drive onto it. I noticed though that my C: drive has 6 separate partitions for some unknown reason.

300 MB recovery partition

99 MB EFI system partition

929.87 MB C: drive boot

450 MB recovery partition

350 MB recovery partition

350 MB recovery partition

I have no idea how I got so many!

I'd prefer the new drive to not have so many partitions when I clone it, but I have no idea if I should try to first delete some of the partitions prior to cloning (and if so, which ones), or to just try and clone only certain partitions onto the new drive
    (and again, if so, which ones).

Can anyone help me out here?

PaulRuzicka, May 20, 2018
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Replacing an existing Hard Disk by cloning

I've never used EaseUS, but AOEMI Partition Assistant works well for cloning Windows.

With AOEMI you clone only the C:\ drive, not the whole HDD/SSD.

Other partitions can be done via the backup option, or you can create new partitions later

via Windows Disk Manager and copy data directly to the partition.

I have never tried using a external drive via USB though (I have an e-SATA dock on my case, which is the same as connecting to a SATA port on the motherboard).

Using a USB may cause issues with the MBR not being written to the cloned OS drive, but this should not

be an issue if cloning back to the original HDD as the MBR on the original HDD should still be viable.

Free Partition Manager - AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard

Note that when doing a cloning operation you start with unallocated space on the HDD you want

to clone to, not a partitioned space.

BossDweeb, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Clone Windows Partition

1. Clone Windows Partition - Similar Threads - Clone Partition

2. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  3. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  4. Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...: I have an 1TB SSD, with a partition C windows 11partition, I used a software to clone this C partition to a new fast 500GB SSD. However I didn't want to clone the OS on new SSD anymore, so I format data on SSD 500GB. But the problem is something affects on my origin OS on 1TB...
  5. Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...

Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...: I have an 1TB SSD, with a partition C windows 11partition, I used a software to clone this C partition to a new fast 500GB SSD. However I didn't want to clone the OS on new SSD anymore, so I format data on SSD 500GB. But the problem is something affects on my origin OS on 1TB...
  6. Restore Windows 10 from clone of C partition made with macOS Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 10 from clone of C partition made with macOS Recovery: I have here a technical problem that has been causing a great deal of headache for me. I was trying to upgrade the macOS partition on a dual-boot macOS Catalina-Windows 10 Boot Camp system to macOS Sonoma, but during that process I accidentally corrupted the entire macOS...
  7. Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?: I have a laptop with a 1 tb internal ssd with windows 11. In addition to the C: drive there is a large D: drive partition with important data along with other partitions with other os's. I need to send the laptop in for repair of the audio system. I don't want to delete the...
  8. Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?

Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?: I have a laptop with a 1 tb internal ssd with windows 11. In addition to the C: drive there is a large D: drive partition with important data along with other partitions with other os's. I need to send the laptop in for repair of the audio system. I don't want to delete the...
  9. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...
  10. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...