Windows 10: Clone Windows Partition

Discus and support Clone Windows Partition in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want to clone my windows partition to a 250GB SSD. C currently resides on a 3TB drive that has 4 other partitions on it. Using Macrium I can see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by veldthui, May 20, 2018.

1. veldthui Win User

Clone Windows Partition

I want to clone my windows partition to a 250GB SSD. C currently resides on a 3TB drive that has 4 other partitions on it. Using Macrium I can see the C partition fine along with the rest. I only want the C to be cloned and not the rest which obviously wont fit anyway.

Do I just highlight the C partition and hit the clone? Once cloned and booting off the SSD I will delete the old C partition and expand the following partition into its space.

:)

veldthui, May 20, 2018

2. Multiple partitions found when trying to clone C: drive

I am having a problem trying to clone my C: drive on my Windows 10 64-bit system.

I decided to install a new, bigger hard drive and clone my C: drive onto it. I noticed though that my C: drive has 6 separate partitions for some unknown reason.

300 MB recovery partition

99 MB EFI system partition

929.87 MB C: drive boot

450 MB recovery partition

350 MB recovery partition

350 MB recovery partition

I have no idea how I got so many!

I'd prefer the new drive to not have so many partitions when I clone it, but I have no idea if I should try to first delete some of the partitions prior to cloning (and if so, which ones), or to just try and clone only certain partitions onto the new drive
    (and again, if so, which ones).

Can anyone help me out here?

PaulRuzicka, May 20, 2018
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Replacing an existing Hard Disk by cloning

I've never used EaseUS, but AOEMI Partition Assistant works well for cloning Windows.

With AOEMI you clone only the C:\ drive, not the whole HDD/SSD.

Other partitions can be done via the backup option, or you can create new partitions later

via Windows Disk Manager and copy data directly to the partition.

I have never tried using a external drive via USB though (I have an e-SATA dock on my case, which is the same as connecting to a SATA port on the motherboard).

Using a USB may cause issues with the MBR not being written to the cloned OS drive, but this should not

be an issue if cloning back to the original HDD as the MBR on the original HDD should still be viable.

Free Partition Manager - AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard

Note that when doing a cloning operation you start with unallocated space on the HDD you want

to clone to, not a partitioned space.

BossDweeb, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Clone Windows Partition

1. Clone Windows Partition - Similar Threads - Clone Partition

2. Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive: I am trying to clone only System partitions from a 1TB SSD to a 4TB SSD that has 2 partitions filled with data but enough free space at its beginning to host the System partitions . 1st attempt I tried the copy System partitions only on Minitool Partition Wizard but was...
  3. Macrium V7 unable to clone / image Disk with xfs (Linux) partitions

Macrium V7 unable to clone / image Disk with xfs (Linux) partitions: Hi folks seems latest version of Macrium free V7 won't clone or image physical (i.e not VM) Linux disks / partitions containing xfs formatted partitions. No probs with ext2/3/4 though. Not sure if this has always been the case because I used to use ext4 file systems on...
  4. Macrium Reflect: No operating system found after partition cloning

Macrium Reflect: No operating system found after partition cloning: My objective is to have a windows 10 clone on a different disk in order to be able to continue working immediately in case of a disk failure. 1)Using Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 (1909), I cloned the windows partition (which is on a GPT disk) to partition J found on another...
  5. Unable to boot Windows 10 from SSD after cloning system partition. Works perfectly on some...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot Windows 10 from SSD after cloning system partition. Works perfectly on some...: Dear Community, I have the following problem: I have cloned my system partition to an SSD with a 3rd party cloning software. I have tried to boot it on the laptop I want to upgrade, and I got Error Code: 0xc0000001. For some reason, I'm getting BSOD and other fatal boot...
  6. Unable to boot Windows 10 from SSD after cloning system partition. Works perfectly on some...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot Windows 10 from SSD after cloning system partition. Works perfectly on some...: Dear Community, I have the following problem: I have cloned my system partition to an SSD with a 3rd party cloning software. I have tried to boot it on the laptop I want to upgrade, and I got Error Code: 0xc0000001. For some reason, I'm getting BSOD and other fatal boot...
  7. Is there a way to clone a “protected GPT partition” harddrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to clone a “protected GPT partition” harddrive?: Thanks submitted by /u/tonynca [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k63enb/is_there_a_way_to_clone_a_protected_gpt_partition/
  8. Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition

Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition: I have a 2TB disk with a 100GB partition which I want to clone to a 1TB disk with a 100TB partition (and the rest unallocated) I get a message about insufficient space. I did check of all the other partitions, leaving just the 100GB on the source. - - - Updated - - -...
  9. Cloning contents of a dynamic disk onto a new basic partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning contents of a dynamic disk onto a new basic partition: I have a 4TB (1.2TB used) HDD that's failing and bought a brand new 2TB to replace it. For whatever reason, Windows decided it needed to be a dynamic disk when I formatted it. Thought nothing of it, continued for a few years. My problem is that I can't just copy and paste...
  10. Macrium Reflect Clone Fails to Boot Resized Partitions

Macrium Reflect Clone Fails to Boot Resized Partitions: Hi all, I'm having trouble getting a bootable image, cloning from GPT/UEFI and restoring to same GPT/UEFI. I needed to clean reinstall for unrelated reasons, and thought I should use the opportunity to switch to GPT/UEFI. I've done the following... The OS works great. But...