Windows 10: Cloned 1 tb drive to to 2tb.. how do I expand so it uses all space ? Talking about disk 0

Discus and support Cloned 1 tb drive to to 2tb.. how do I expand so it uses all space ? Talking about disk 0 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pittguy578 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pittguy578, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Cloned 1 tb drive to to 2tb.. how do I expand so it uses all space ? Talking about disk 0

/u/pittguy578, Mar 16, 2020

2. Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Hello, Migrating a 1TB Hard Drive to a 2TB HDD is very possible.

My Rig started out on just 160GB, when I upgraded HDDs, I cloned my 160 GB into a newly bought 500GB HDD. (it was an OS HDD)

Then on the next HDD upgrade(I bought a 1 TB) I cloned that 500GB to a 1 TB HDD.

No problems at all.

From what I can remember the program I used was Acronis?? I forgot. But it ran the cloning process outside of windows. the cloning took like 30 to 1 hr. then I switched drive letters and the newly bought HDD is now my boot device.

lyndonguitar, Mar 16, 2020
  3. GiaChang Win User
    Cannot merge C drive (disk 0) with unallocated space (on disk 1)

Hi all,

I need some advice on whether it is possible - and if yes, how to merge my C drive on disk 0 with D drive on disk 1.

The problem is: my C drive is getting full soon, but previously after I deleted D drive and make it unallocated space (the bar of current D drive will change to black from blue), I still cannot expand C drive by adding the 100GB unallocated space into it.
    If I right click on C drive, the "expand" item is in gray.

I've searched online for solutions but so far only have seen same questions around. Does any one know the solution and do a big favor to explain how to do it step by step? Thanks much in advance!

P.S, sorry that the interface is not in English. Below page shows the "Disk Management" function, and you can see that:

1) Disk 0 has 55.78G, including C drive (55.21GB), 100MB of something I don't know what it is, and 473MB of recovery zone

2) Disk 1 has 100GB D drive, and 831.51GB E drive

Cloned 1 tb drive to to 2tb.. how do I expand so it uses all space ? Talking about disk 0 4d9a7925-db40-474e-9e8b-8352ef8dcf4a.jpg

GiaChang, Mar 16, 2020
  4. qinada Win User

Cloned 1 tb drive to to 2tb.. how do I expand so it uses all space ? Talking about disk 0

Clone a 1 Tb drive to a 512 Mb SSC

Hi Vaughn,

You can
    clone larger HDD to small SSD
    with a professional disk cloning software as long as the used space is smaller than the SSD. You will not worry it will clone the unused space unless you use sector by sector clone mode.

I suggest you to clone your HDD to SSD with AOMEI Backupper, if the used space is larger than the SSD, you can clone only the OS to SSD and keep the HDD as data storage. This software is very easy to operate.

qinada, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Cloned 1 tb drive to to 2tb.. how do I expand so it uses all space ? Talking about disk 0

1. Cloned 1 tb drive to to 2tb.. how do I expand so it uses all space ? Talking about disk 0 - Similar Threads - Cloned drive 2tb

2. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  3. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  4. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  5. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  6. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I move the unallocated partition from disk 1 to disk 0 ? I'm trying to expand the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I move the unallocated partition from disk 1 to disk 0 ? I'm trying to expand the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JASON--larking [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibn1js/how_do_i_move_the_unallocated_partition_from_disk/
  8. How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1?: I'd heard it's best practice to install Windows on disk 0, and I wanted it on my NVMe SSD and not my 4 TB HDD. So, I only connected the SSD so it would be disk 0. However, after that went smoothly and the C drive was on my SSD, things went downhill. After I shut off the...
  9. Moving from 1tb drive to 2... how to expand cloned drive to use all excess space ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from 1tb drive to 2... how to expand cloned drive to use all excess space ?: Cloned 1tb drive to new hard drive .. but new drive still has it at 930 gb with around that much unallocated? submitted by /u/pittguy578 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjl09s/moving_from_1tb_drive_to_2_how_to_expand_cloned/
  10. Running Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Out of Disk Space on a 1 TB Disk: Recently, my son and I built a computer for him to play video games. We installed a 1 TB EVO solid state drive. Now, three months later, his C: drive shows used 930 GBs and he is requesting a 2nd drive. When I asked what he had on there he said the majority of that 930...