Windows 10: Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive?

Discus and support Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cloned my storage drive successfully. But now I cannot disable that drive in Device Manager. The option is just not there. The drive (J) originally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThereAllIsAchin, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive?

I cloned my storage drive successfully. But now I cannot disable that drive in Device Manager. The option is just not there.

The drive (J) originally had my windows paging file on it, and Disk Management refused to change the drive letter after I had cloned it. I had to use a program (EaseUS Partition Master) to change the drive letter. I set the new drive to letter J:\ without issue and re-set the paging file on that drive. The old drive I changed to letter I:\

But now I cannot disable the I:\ drive. The only other drive I cannot disable is my OS drive. The I:\ drive used to be an OS drive many years ago. If there are any Windows files or components on it, they are most likely deeply hidden or in the Reserved partition, which the new J:\ drive also has. But the J:\ drive has the option to be disabled.

how do I disable the I:\ drive?

:)

ThereAllIsAchin, Sep 13, 2019

2. Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Keitaro

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Heed the advice of the software, you must disable BitLocker before cloning. This is highly recommend if you ever want to get access to the drive.

There is nothing wrong with having to re-enable it after restoring the clone.

Step 1: disable BitLocker.

Step 2: clone drive

Step 3: restore the cloned image to the new drive.

Step 4: Re-Enable BitLocker.

Andre for Directly, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Sanhime Win User
    Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Klusie31 Win User

Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive?

Clone hard drive partition

I cloned hard drive A from hard drive B. Hard drive B had two partitions, two Windows operating systems cloned successfully to hard drive A.

Recently Windows 10 took a dump on it's partition on hard drive A. My question is, do I boot from hard drive B to clone the Windows 10 to a like

partition on hard drive A, and, must I reformat the destination partition on hard drive A or will AOMEI partition assistant automatically take

care of that???

Any help I get on this will be greatly appreciated.

Klusie31, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive?

1. Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive? - Similar Threads - Cloned drive successfully

2. Cannot clone HDDSystem drive to SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot clone HDDSystem drive to SSD: I tried to clone my HDD drive to brand new SSD drive by using Macrium Rreflect.During the cloning it requested access to new driveSSD and it failed.. Afterwards the message "unable to match partition - Drive 0, Start Sector 50620416 - MFT corrupt" appeared. After own a disk...
  3. Cannot clone HDDSystem drive to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot clone HDDSystem drive to SSD: I tried to clone my HDD drive to brand new SSD drive by using Macrium Rreflect.During the cloning it requested access to new driveSSD and it failed.. Afterwards the message "unable to match partition - Drive 0, Start Sector 50620416 - MFT corrupt" appeared. After own a disk...
  4. Cannot clone HDDSystem drive to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Successful Clone But Other Drives Not Recgonized

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Successful Clone But Other Drives Not Recgonized: I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to clone my C Drive (SSD) to a bigger SSD. Boots fine but my other 3 HDD's aren't recognized. Not in File Explorer nor Disk Management. I'm running Win 10 Pro Ver. 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928). What can I do? 177898
  6. Can't Boot into Cloned Drive to Delete Old Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Boot into Cloned Drive to Delete Old Drive: Hi I recently cloned my SSD using Clonezilla and was trying to boot into the new cloned drive to reformat the old drive so I can use it for normal storage. Both SSD's use the NVMe M.2 format but my motherboard only has space for one of them so I bought a PCIe adapter for the...
  7. Cannot clone drive to smaller drive

Cannot clone drive to smaller drive: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Installed on 10/14/2020 OS build 19041.572 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 I have used Minitool Partition Wizard for several clone jobs. Never had a problem up to now. The thing different is now I am cloning a...
  8. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  9. Cloning old drive before installing new drive

Cloning old drive before installing new drive: Could you point me in the right direction please ? I have a 120g SSD which I need to replace so I need to clone it so as to re-assign the content to the Adata M.2, PCIe target disc, the slot which is currently held by the 120g will be disabled when I connect the M.2 yet it...
  10. clone drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clone drive: im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clone-drive/4bc8db0d-5b76-48a0-99e0-a0d5997e4853