Windows 10: Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive?

Discus and support Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cloned my storage drive successfully. But now I cannot disable that drive in Device Manager. The option is just not there. The drive (J) originally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThereAllIsAchin, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive?

I cloned my storage drive successfully. But now I cannot disable that drive in Device Manager. The option is just not there.

The drive (J) originally had my windows paging file on it, and Disk Management refused to change the drive letter after I had cloned it. I had to use a program (EaseUS Partition Master) to change the drive letter. I set the new drive to letter J:\ without issue and re-set the paging file on that drive. The old drive I changed to letter I:\

But now I cannot disable the I:\ drive. The only other drive I cannot disable is my OS drive. The I:\ drive used to be an OS drive many years ago. If there are any Windows files or components on it, they are most likely deeply hidden or in the Reserved partition, which the new J:\ drive also has. But the J:\ drive has the option to be disabled.

how do I disable the I:\ drive?

:)

ThereAllIsAchin, Sep 13, 2019

2. Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Keitaro

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Heed the advice of the software, you must disable BitLocker before cloning. This is highly recommend if you ever want to get access to the drive.

There is nothing wrong with having to re-enable it after restoring the clone.

Step 1: disable BitLocker.

Step 2: clone drive

Step 3: restore the cloned image to the new drive.

Step 4: Re-Enable BitLocker.

Andre for Directly, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Sanhime Win User
    Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Klusie31 Win User

Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive?

Clone hard drive partition

I cloned hard drive A from hard drive B. Hard drive B had two partitions, two Windows operating systems cloned successfully to hard drive A.

Recently Windows 10 took a dump on it's partition on hard drive A. My question is, do I boot from hard drive B to clone the Windows 10 to a like

partition on hard drive A, and, must I reformat the destination partition on hard drive A or will AOMEI partition assistant automatically take

care of that???

Any help I get on this will be greatly appreciated.

Klusie31, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive?

1. Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive? - Similar Threads - Cloned drive successfully

2. Hard drive clone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard drive clone: Hey: Can I create a cloned drive by cloning to a hd on my PC from my laptop drive & then from the PC to SSD? I only have 1 cable & my laptop will not boot. Both machines have win10 upgrades - 1 from win7 pro -PC & 1 from win 8 home - laptop....
  3. Cannot clone or image failing drive - how to proceed?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot clone or image failing drive - how to proceed?: I have a Dell XPS studio 9100 (close to 10 years old!). This afternoon I got a bluescreen of death. I rebooted and was greeted with a bios screen showing the SMART status of the 1.5TB boot drive is bad. I had to disabled SMART checking in the BIOS in order to be able to boot...
  4. clone drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clone drive: im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clone-drive/4bc8db0d-5b76-48a0-99e0-a0d5997e4853
  5. clone drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clone drive: im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/clone-drive/4bc8db0d-5b76-48a0-99e0-a0d5997e4853
  6. Cloned drive will not boot

Cloned drive will not boot: Hi guys I'm a little embarrassed to ask for help from a cloning operation, being an IT guy...but this one has me stumped. Short background: Bought a inexpensive Acer laptop (R 15) Seemed like a great deal for under $499, great screen, good video, Intel i5. But got it...
  7. Cannot Restore from old Drive Image

Cannot Restore from old Drive Image: Computer operation has become very slow, and I planned to save documents, browser data, etc. and return to an earlier image. This approach worked fine with win XP and 7, but not with 10. I initially had win7, and upgraded to 10 (with Microsoft's unexpected help). I made...
  8. clone drive that has errors ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    clone drive that has errors ?: Hello : My sons windows 10 computer the harddrive has errors . Windows will still run but I need to clone his drive . I tried acronis easy migrate but it stops when it tries to copy a error . Any ideas ? thanks . I bought him a new drive today . 54406
  9. Screwed up my hard drive (now clone)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screwed up my hard drive (now clone): I screwed up my desktop hard drive by marking the primary partition as active. So, I popped it out of the case and mounted my clone in its place. I stuck the drive in my USB docking station so I could work on it and use it to host a clone after I figure out how to fix it....
  10. Hard Driving Cloning Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Driving Cloning Question: I am looking to upgrade a computer in my office to Windows 10 once it comes out. This computer needs to have its hard drive replicated. Currently we have two option to clone the hard drive, hardware based and software based cloning. Has anyone tried either method of cloning?...