Windows 10: Cloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts

Discus and support Cloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have 2 disks on laptop (Windows 10 Home, Single user): Disk 0 Windows (C:) eMMC 32Gb Disk 1 Storage (D:) Sandisk SSD 120Gb - Windows (C:) is having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jason2004, May 27, 2021.

1. jason2004 Win User

Cloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts

I have 2 disks on laptop (Windows 10 Home, Single user): Disk 0 Windows (CCloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts :) eMMC 32Gb Disk 1 Storage (DCloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts :) Sandisk SSD 120Gb - Windows (CCloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts :) is having OS - Storage (DCloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts :) All of the User Libraries (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures etc) and desktop are stored here. I have used Macrium (default option intelligent sector copy) to clone only Sandisk (DCloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts :) to a new larger Transcend SSD 240Gb, and to resize partition to fit the new drive. Cloning went OK. However, when old 120Gb is swapped with a new 240Gb, at the start there is error that desktop is missing, and there are no icons, shortcuts on desktop or taskbar. Also, for start menu programs (that are installed on DCloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts :) - links are not working. New 240Gb (DCloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts :) drive is visible in file explorer, and all of the folders/files are there. When old 120Gb is swapped back, everything is fine. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

jason2004, May 27, 2021

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 27, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, May 27, 2021
  4. O0mix0O Win User

O0mix0O, May 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Cloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts - Similar Threads - Cloned missing desktop

2. Desktop, icons and shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop, icons and shortcuts.: What if I am rearranging the icons on my desktop screen continuously over a 100 times either by their name or by their size, will it corrupt my games and other files, icons and shortcuts on the desktop screen or change their actual file location? Will it affect my games,...
  3. Desktop, icons and shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop, icons and shortcuts.: What if I am rearranging the icons on my desktop screen continuously over a 100 times either by their name or by their size, will it corrupt my games and other files, icons and shortcuts on the desktop screen or change their actual file location? Plz help! .........
  4. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: In Windows 10 My icons have disappeared.The names of the items are still there and I can click on them to access the programme.But the icon pictures are not showing.I have done personalislation/Themes/desktop items but with no success.I have even done System Restore but no...
  5. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: How do I give a standard user permission to add/delete desktop shortcuts/icons by the drag-drop method? New HP All-In-One, W-10 Home. Standard user not able to drag programs/web pages onto the desktop to create a shortcut. I can do it in Admin, but standard user cannot, nor...
  6. Missing desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing desktop shortcuts: How can I reinstall desktop shortcuts. I turned on my Windows 10 Acer laptop today and they are all gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-desktop-shortcuts/32fb34ad-9ec0-455c-bfe6-ac99f1ce483e
  7. Shortcut icons missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons missing: I am using several Adobe CS6 and Creative Cloud programs. When I open files which are in the OneDrive folder they remain under the "sync pending" status, even if they are actually synced in File Explorer. This causes a problem for me as when I run Adobe Illustrator (for...
  8. Shortcut icons missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut icons missing: Hello, I installed programs on my new laptop, but the shortcut icons in the programs folder disappeared. Any way to make them display again? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-icons-missing/35176d3a-b8eb-43f6-983b-c84276317fc6"
  9. Desktop icons and files are missing, unable to create shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons and files are missing, unable to create shortcut: Hi everyone. I am having a problem after virus infecting (actually it happened few months ago). After removing the virus, my desktop icons and files on desktop are not shown, while they are still in Desktop folder. Also, I can't create new shortcut. So how can I fix it? Thank...
  10. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: Hello, Recently I noticed some small icons added over my desktop shortcuts. The icons were always clean, I even managed to remove the arrows once. Now there is over them sort of couple of human figures, as on attached screenshot. How to remove it so the icons will be clean...