Windows 10: Cloned Drive bootable?

Discus and support Cloned Drive bootable? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an SSD in my laptop. I cloned it to a SSD in an external case. When I put the cloned drive in the laptop it isn't recognized. How do I make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marcycn, Jul 26, 2020.

1. marcycn Win User

Cloned Drive bootable?

I have an SSD in my laptop. I cloned it to a SSD in an external case. When I put the cloned drive in the laptop it isn't recognized. How do I make it bootable?

:)

marcycn, Jul 26, 2020

2. Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Keitaro

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Heed the advice of the software, you must disable BitLocker before cloning. This is highly recommend if you ever want to get access to the drive.

There is nothing wrong with having to re-enable it after restoring the clone.

Step 1: disable BitLocker.

Step 2: clone drive

Step 3: restore the cloned image to the new drive.

Step 4: Re-Enable BitLocker.

Andre for Directly, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Sanhime Win User
    Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Jul 26, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Cloned Drive bootable?

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Cloned Drive bootable?

1. Cloned Drive bootable? - Similar Threads - Cloned Drive bootable

2. Making a bootable external clone of a windows 10 drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making a bootable external clone of a windows 10 drive: I want to create an clone of my existing windows 10 computer to run on a different computer, issue being neither have a second memory slot so it must be externalSimply cloning doesn't work due to windows not allowing itself to boot from a usb. So i need some other way to make...
  3. Making a bootable external clone of a windows 10 drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Making a bootable external clone of a windows 10 drive: I want to create an clone of my existing windows 10 computer to run on a different computer, issue being neither have a second memory slot so it must be externalSimply cloning doesn't work due to windows not allowing itself to boot from a usb. So i need some other way to make...
  4. Making a bootable external clone of a windows 10 drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Making a bootable clone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making a bootable clone: I want to clone my c: drive to an external hard drive and then use the external drive as a boot drive. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-bootable-clone/c1231084-ab3e-4156-a3e7-51b2959a3df4
  6. Can a bootable clone drive be updated differentially?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can a bootable clone drive be updated differentially?: I have a lot of backups from differrent programs on different backup drives for my Windows 10 Pro 20H2 systems. But my favourite backup device are bootable external SSDs connected via USB. When my system crashes I simply boot from this external drives. But to keep them up to...
  7. Cloned Drive bootable?

Cloned Drive bootable?: I have an SSD in my laptop. I cloned it to a SSD in an external case. When I put the cloned drive in the laptop it isn't recognized. How do I make it bootable? 161368
  8. Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot: I'm attempting to make a clone of a bootable flash drive containing the Prime Expert Emergency Book kit using EraseUs Partition Master. The clone seems to seems the same contents as the original, but the drive is not bootable. Cockpit error?Possible, but earlier I used Aomei...
  9. Make clone disk bootable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make clone disk bootable?: My Dell laptop running Windows 10 on 1 TB hard drive wouldn't boot. Fortunately I was using Macrium Reflect 7 Free to make a clone of that hard drive to a USB external 1 TB drive. I wasn't able to get the laptop to boot from the cloned, external drive, so I installed a 500...
  10. How to make cloned drive bootable?

How to make cloned drive bootable?: I cloned C drive to G via Macrium Reflect sector by sector but cannot understand why the cloned SSD is not bootable. What commands do I run to enable the mirror G drive to boot just like C?The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10. [img] The G drive needs to say...