Windows 10: Cloned Drive bootable?

Discus and support Cloned Drive bootable? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have an SSD in my laptop. I cloned it to a SSD in an external case. When I put the cloned drive in the laptop it isn't recognized. How do I make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by marcycn, Jul 31, 2020 at 2:42 AM.

1. marcycn Win User

Cloned Drive bootable?

I have an SSD in my laptop. I cloned it to a SSD in an external case. When I put the cloned drive in the laptop it isn't recognized. How do I make it bootable?

:)

2. Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Keitaro

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Heed the advice of the software, you must disable BitLocker before cloning. This is highly recommend if you ever want to get access to the drive.

There is nothing wrong with having to re-enable it after restoring the clone.

Step 1: disable BitLocker.

Step 2: clone drive

Step 3: restore the cloned image to the new drive.

Step 4: Re-Enable BitLocker.

Andre for Directly, Jul 31, 2020 at 3:01 AM
  3. Sanhime Win User
    Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

4. cadaveca Win User

Cloned Drive bootable?

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

Thema:

Cloned Drive bootable?

1. Cloned Drive bootable? - Similar Threads - Cloned Drive bootable

2. Cloned Drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned Drive bootable?: I have an SSD in my laptop. I cloned it to a SSD in an external case. When I put the cloned drive in the laptop it isn't recognized. How do I make it bootable? 161368
  3. Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot: I'm attempting to make a clone of a bootable flash drive containing the Prime Expert Emergency Book kit using EraseUs Partition Master. The clone seems to seems the same contents as the original, but the drive is not bootable. Cockpit error?Possible, but earlier I used Aomei...
  4. Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable: Hi there, I have a Windows 10 Alienware R7 desktop and I had my operating system on a SSD drive. I cloned the Windows OS to a 2TB HDD that is also in my desktop because I would like to dual boot Ubuntu and want Ubuntu to be installed on the SSD instead of Windows. The tool I...
  5. Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable: Hi there, I have a Windows 10 Alienware R7 desktop and I had my operating system on a SSD drive. I cloned the Windows OS to a 2TB HDD that is also in my desktop because I would like to dual boot Ubuntu and want Ubuntu to be installed on the SSD instead of Windows. The tool I...
  6. How to make a clone disk bootable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make a clone disk bootable?: My hard drive didn’t want to boot so I used Macrium Reflect 7 Free and made a clone of the hard drive to a USB external drive. Unfortunately I didn’t manage to boot my device from this cloned, external drive. I decided to install Macrium Reflect 7 Free on the SSD to use it as...
  7. Make clone disk bootable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make clone disk bootable?: My Dell laptop running Windows 10 on 1 TB hard drive wouldn't boot. Fortunately I was using Macrium Reflect 7 Free to make a clone of that hard drive to a USB external 1 TB drive. I wasn't able to get the laptop to boot from the cloned, external drive, so I installed a 500...
  8. Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable

Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable: I am cloning my Windows 10 OS partition. My HDD have 450MB Recovery partition 100MB EFI System partition (C: 239.2GB NTFS (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) I cloned (C: ) to an External HDD, however it is not bootable. Should I also clone other...
  9. How to Clone Bootable SD Card?

How to Clone Bootable SD Card?: anyone know if Macrium or other common/good backup/clone package can take an existing good bootable SD Card and clone it to a fresh one? do they need to be exact matches [brand/speed/size] or near-proxy? thx 37033
  10. How to make cloned drive bootable?

How to make cloned drive bootable?: I cloned C drive to G via Macrium Reflect sector by sector but cannot understand why the cloned SSD is not bootable. What commands do I run to enable the mirror G drive to boot just like C?The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10. [img] The G drive needs to say...