Windows 10: Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated

Discus and support Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just cloned my ssd onto another ssd twice its size however windows reports the size as the same, and in partition manager from windows it wont allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xboxhaxorz, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated

I just cloned my ssd onto another ssd twice its size however windows reports the size as the same, and in partition manager from windows it wont allow me to expand only shrink the size

The disk size in part manager is also the same size as the original drive

:)

xboxhaxorz, Sep 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 relocation

Many SSD manufacturers include a Disk cloning utility with the packaged software.

If yours does, then that's the best way!

Otherwise you can use the free disk cloning software
    Clonezilla

Either way you'll need an external disk drive or flash drive of sufficient capacity to make an image of the HDD on.

JohnSmith531, Sep 2, 2015
  3. bata212 Win User
    cloning Windows 10 upgrade

I want to clone my C:\ drive

to another drive I just had installed.

Reason is for a Backup.

Just in case my main drive goes bad.

I tried this clonezilla but did not understand it.

Nothing saying what you want to clone and 2 were.

any Help please.

Thank you

ps windows 10

bata212, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated

That's exactly what "cloning" does -- creates an exact copy -- same format, same contents, same size.

Mark Phelps, Sep 2, 2015
  5. I havent cloned in a while, when i used to do it all the time it would clone and also expand at the same time

How can i expand it after the cloning process or reclone and expand it

xboxhaxorz, Sep 2, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    What program are you using? Duh....nevermind. Just saw it in the title!

I would install Mini Tool Partition Wizard free and see what it says about the new disk. Sure sounds like the new disk is the same size as the original disk, though.

What is the model number of the new drive?

NavyLCDR, Sep 2, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Clonezilla - Advanced Mode

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated

1. Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated - Similar Threads - Cloned drive clonezilla

2. Can i clone a 1TB HDD to a 240GB SDD with clonezilla

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i clone a 1TB HDD to a 240GB SDD with clonezilla: I wish to upgrade to an ssd but because of limitations in my budget, i plan to bye a 240 gb ssd.Even thought i have a 1TB HDD i only used 150GB of it including OS files cleared the restSo can i clone my 1TB HDD to my 240GB SSD eventhough its of a smaller size but the storage...
  3. Disk size after cloning/migrating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk size after cloning/migrating: Some time ago, I changed from a HDD 3TB to a smaller SSD 512GB. The change seemed to work fine, the desktop works fine. Recently I tried to back up the C: drive and system by creating an image file on an external USB disk. This attempt failed and I started to check what the...
  4. After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability

After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability: Hello, I just tried to use Clonzilla to to make a image backup. All seemed to perform fine with no errors, but now when I try to boot up, I get the blue error screen, Error 0xc000000e. I have tried all the Microsoft guides to repair the boot, but no luck. I made a bootable...
  5. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  6. Cloned Drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned Drive bootable?: I have an SSD in my laptop. I cloned it to a SSD in an external case. When I put the cloned drive in the laptop it isn't recognized. How do I make it bootable? 161368
  7. How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla: Last Updated on April 24, 2019If you’ve ever wanted to clone your Windows 10 drive, you might’ve found that it takes some know-how. There are many things that you need to keep an eye out for in this process, and many of them, if set-up the wrong way, might leave you with a...
  8. clone drive

clone drive: im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clone-drive/4bc8db0d-5b76-48a0-99e0-a0d5997e4853
  9. clone drive

clone drive: im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/clone-drive/4bc8db0d-5b76-48a0-99e0-a0d5997e4853
  10. Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable: I am cloning my Windows 10 OS partition. My HDD have 450MB Recovery partition 100MB EFI System partition (C: 239.2GB NTFS (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) I cloned (C: ) to an External HDD, however it is not bootable. Should I also clone other...