Windows 10: Cloned drive won’t boot up

Discus and support Cloned drive won’t boot up in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am very new at this. I have a HP ProBook 4540. A diagnostic test said the hard drive was failing. I cloned the old hard drive to an identical new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Novice123, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Novice123 Win User

Cloned drive won’t boot up

I am very new at this. I have a HP ProBook 4540. A diagnostic test said the hard drive was failing. I cloned the old hard drive to an identical new one using EaseUS. Everything seemed fine. I then installed the new drive into the laptop and this message comes up:
    BootDevice not found.
    Please install an operating system on your hard disk
    Hard Disk - (3F0)

The laptop was originally Windows 7 (I think) and I updated it to Windows 10 so I don’t have any Windows 10 disks. How do I fix this? Thank you in advance.

:)

Novice123, Jun 7, 2018

2. cloneing a drive in windows 10

Hi,I have this question last year,but my os is windows 8.there are my steps of

How to clone drive in winodws

,you can check.hope that helps

First,I download a free tool of MiniTool partition wizard and launch it.

Step 1. Connect SSD to Windows 8. Install and launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition, select the source hard drive and then choose “Copy

Step 2. Select a disk to copy the source disk. Here you are expected to choose the SSD (we choose disk 3).

Note: All the data on SSD will be destroyed, so make sure you have done backup in advance. You are allowed to clone a hard drive to a smaller SSD, as long as it can hold all data in the source disk. You can also clone SSD to larger SSD by using MiniTool
    Partition Wizard Free Edition.

Step 3. Review the changes you are going to make and also change the copy options if necessary.

Step 4. MiniTool Partition Wizard will tell you how to boot from the destination hard drive. So if you are cloning boot drive to SSD, you need to pay attention.

Step 5. When you are lead to the main interface again, you can preview the changes you are going to make from the middle pane. (Here disk 3 has the same disk layout with disk 1.) If you confirm these
    changes, you should click “Apply” to make the changes effective. Hope that helps

Areil.Bart, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Cliffhf Win User
    when I try and boot up through cloned drive I get an error message saying that there is nothing to boot up to. !!

Hi, I am using a 64Gb SSD as my main drive in my Radio PC (am a Radio Ham). So I purchased an identical drive to make things nice and straightforward (I thought) I then used the todo software 9.1 to Clone the drive. No problem with that, and ended up with
    identical drives.

However when I try and boot up the the new cloned drive (original disconnected) I get an error message saying that there is nothing to boot up to. !!

It cannot access the drive, so what am I missing I thought that by cloning a dirve it would be identical, boot sector and all.

The plan is to clone the drive every so often to keep it up to date, I have done this with my main system PC, and that works fine so what am I missing here. If you look at the drive using file manager it looks identical so all the data is there.

Regards Cliff

Original Title : CLONING SSD

Cliffhf, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Cloned drive won’t boot up

1. Cloned drive won’t boot up - Similar Threads - Cloned drive won’t

2. Pc won’t boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won’t boot up: A while ago I was going through my settings on my pc when I accidentally clicked enable on something i wasn’t able to read then my pc turned off and when I tried to turn it back on it was booting up like normal until it froze on the booting wheel screen I have tried many...
  3. Laptop Won’t Boot Up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Won’t Boot Up?: Hi, I’ve tried several times to reboot my laptop but it doesn’t want to start windows and keeps showing a maintenance window option, only to repeat itself. What’s wrong with it?...
  4. Laptop Won’t Boot Up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Won’t Boot Up?: Hi, I’ve tried several times to reboot my laptop but it doesn’t want to start windows and keeps showing a maintenance window option, only to repeat itself. What’s wrong with it?...
  5. cloned hard drive wont boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    cloned hard drive wont boot up: Hi all Can anyone help cloned a hard drive to a bigger drive but no matter what i try i cannot boot up i have a hp compaq elite 8300 183823
  6. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  7. Laptop won’t boot up off of new cloned SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop won’t boot up off of new cloned SSD: I have a dell inspiron 15 5570 laptop. I decided to replace the RAM and the HDD. I bought a crucial 1TB MX500 2.5 SSD to use. I cloned over everything fine and thats all good. My laptop is recognising the drive when it is plugged in through a USB. However when I take out the...
  8. Cloned drive won’t boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned drive won’t boot: I copied my upgraded OS from a suspected failing 13yr-old Seagate 160GB (keeps crashing) onto a WDC 500GB using MiniTool Partition Wizard – How to migrate OS to SSD/HD, but the cloned drive won’t boot, it just shows a DOS screen with the letter j followed by a blinking...
  9. Cloned Boot Drive won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned Boot Drive won't boot: Update: Whilst typing up all that I’d done so far, I managed to solve it, but posting anyway in case of help to others. Apologies in advance for being a newbie and the probably obvious mistakes made here. I had a Windows 10 Pro install on a 128GB SSD. It was full so I...
  10. Cloned drive will not boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned drive will not boot: Hi guys I'm a little embarrassed to ask for help from a cloning operation, being an IT guy...but this one has me stumped. Short background: Bought a inexpensive Acer laptop (R 15) Seemed like a great deal for under $499, great screen, good video, Intel i5. But got it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to boot cloned drive hp probook