Windows 10: Cloned HDD with Windows 8.1 using Acronis to SSD, built a new computer from the ground up,...

Discus and support Cloned HDD with Windows 8.1 using Acronis to SSD, built a new computer from the ground up,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, so I cloned a work desktop's HDD to a Crucial MX500 SSD using the Acronis True Image 2021 software and ignorantly thought when I built the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joellly, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Joellly Win User

Cloned HDD with Windows 8.1 using Acronis to SSD, built a new computer from the ground up,...

Hello, so I cloned a work desktop's HDD to a Crucial MX500 SSD using the Acronis True Image 2021 software and ignorantly thought when I built the new computer and installed the SSD everything would transfer fine. I was wrong. There are 3 issues I am ultimately trying to correct: I cannot install Windows 10, my audio drivers are missing, and my newly built computer will not recognize the 2nd monitor connected to the HDMI port. The only other working monitor is connected via DisplayPort directly to the motherboard. I believe getting Windows 10 to install will resolve these issues.My build is as

:)

Joellly, Oct 27, 2021

2. Clone HDD to a SSD

I'm planing to upgrade my new laptop HDD to SSD while using my HDD as a storage media on my laptop. My laptop came with windows 10 Home OEM. If I cloned the HDD will the windows be activated after I
    cloned or will it be deactivated?? And what happend to other activated softwares like MS Office and Antivirus Softwares???

Thank you for your support.

Kasun Anuradha, Oct 28, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Oct 28, 2021
  4. Cloned HDD with Windows 8.1 using Acronis to SSD, built a new computer from the ground up,...

Cloning HDD to SSD

I have a Kingspec 64gb SSD, how do you go about cloning the 120gb drive to a 64gb SSD?

Do i use Acronis True Image to clone the hidden recovery partition to USB stick and then use the Acronis True Image recovery CD to apply the image of the hidden partition onto the SSD, and then F8 system recovery and reinstall?

Or am i barking up the wrong tree?

I have used Windows Anytime Upgrade to Home Premium and have the product key, could i do a clean install from a Retail or OEM DVD?

Advise Please

Darren

darcol---01, Oct 28, 2021
Thema:

Cloned HDD with Windows 8.1 using Acronis to SSD, built a new computer from the ground up,...

1. Cloned HDD with Windows 8.1 using Acronis to SSD, built a new computer from the ground up,... - Similar Threads - Cloned HDD using

2. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  3. Cloned HDD with Windows 8.1 using Acronis to SSD, built a new computer from the ground up,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned HDD with Windows 8.1 using Acronis to SSD, built a new computer from the ground up,...: Hello, so I cloned a work desktop's HDD to a Crucial MX500 SSD using the Acronis True Image 2021 software and ignorantly thought when I built the new computer and installed the SSD everything would transfer fine. I was wrong. There are 3 issues I am ultimately trying to...
  4. Window clone HDD To SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window clone HDD To SSD: Hello firstly window runs on HDD after I did clone the window HDD to SSD he has done it successfully but the EFI system partition can't migrate to SSD. I want to run a complete window partition on SSD 250GB. Activated os windows10 Thank you...
  5. HDD to SSD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD to SSD clone.: Want to transfer my whole operating system along with the data from a HDD to a SSD but don't know how to do it. Help needed. SSD not yet bought so suggestion on what company to buy from are welcome. Currently using western digital wd10spzx-60z10t0 1TB. Let me know if more...
  6. Cloning an SSD from an HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning an SSD from an HDD: Im planning on swapping out my laptops HDD with an SSD, and I was wondering if the OS clones to the new drive? Also I have a few programs that have licenses using ilok so would those carry over too or would i have to authenticate my software again? Thanks in advance!...
  7. Cloning Windows from an HDD to an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning Windows from an HDD to an SSD: I'm trying to clone my Windows PC. I have a 220GB SSD installed with a 1 TB HDD. What I'm trying to do is clone Windows and leave my documents and Images etc: on the HDD. When setting up the cloning software I have deleted the "Users" folder from the cloning operation. I now...
  8. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using MiniTool Partition Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  9. Cloning HDD to SSD in a different computer?

Cloning HDD to SSD in a different computer?: Hey everyone, Just wanted to get a feel on this before i dig into it. I have a dell laptop (school) that i got a SSD for. I also have a clevo laptop at home (main computer), and it has two 2.5" driver bays. Could i install my current dell HDD and the new SSD into the clevo...
  10. Clone HDD to SSD

Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058