Windows 10: cloned my drive with acronis for crucial what is wrong with this???

Discus and support cloned my drive with acronis for crucial what is wrong with this??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so i cloned my drive it showed all partitions in the clone area when done here is what it looks like not sure if i should try putting it in laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tonyb, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

cloned my drive with acronis for crucial what is wrong with this???

so i cloned my drive it showed all partitions in the clone area when done here is what it looks like not sure if i should try putting it in laptop and give it a go but looks like RE tool is not present??

cloned my drive with acronis for crucial what is wrong with this??? [​IMG]

:)

Tonyb, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Asylum Win User

Cloning a hard drive

You dont have to allocate anything.
    Just start up acronis and clone your drive.
    Acronis FTW.

Asylum, Dec 21, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Dec 21, 2020
  4. cloned my drive with acronis for crucial what is wrong with this???

New cloned disk shows up as old one in Win 10

I recently replaced my Crucial MX200 500GB SSD by cloning (Acronis) to a new Samsung 850 EVO 500GB. The Samsung migration software which came with the disk didn't seem to clone correctly because the Crucial ssd was slightly larger. Acronis worked fine.

My bios shows the correct new Samsung disk but on Win 10 the disk management still lists the old Crucial MX200. Although everything seems to be working fine, I would like for the system to acknowledge the correct disk.

Any ideas on what may be causing this? I have cloned disks before and they have always shown up correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

BobGrattan, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

cloned my drive with acronis for crucial what is wrong with this???

1. cloned my drive with acronis for crucial what is wrong with this??? - Similar Threads - cloned drive acronis

2. Cloned Drive: What did I do wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloned Drive: What did I do wrong?: Greetings! I recently got a new Sabrent M.2 drive for my Asus laptop. After replacing the current M.2 drive with my new one--and also installing the SATA SSD from my previous laptop--I was able to boot into Windows using the SATA drive. I then proceeded to use the version of...
  3. What's my wrong?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's my wrong?: Hello all: After years working of my w10, I feel it has changed something out of my experience. Right now every night before I go to sleep, I do the "Start/Power/Shout Down" Then next morning I open and boot it. The strange thing is: after booting, the speed of...
  4. Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2: Simple enough, I am booting the 900gb to drive number 2, the number 1 drive is empty. but macrium wants to boot the blank ssd to the running windows drive number 2 HOW can I change this order? I suppose swap the cables??? shut down??? windows 1909 - - - Updated - - - ok,...
  5. Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2: Simple enough, I am booting the 900gb to drive number 2, the number 1 drive is empty. but macrium wants to boot the blank ssd to the running windows drive number 2 HOW can I change this order? I suppose swap the cables??? shut down??? windows 1909 - - - Updated - - - ok,...
  6. Cloning SSD to NMVe - Macrium NO, Acronis TrueImage for Sabrent YES

Cloning SSD to NMVe - Macrium NO, Acronis TrueImage for Sabrent YES: I just installed a 1 TB Sabrent Rocket PCIE-4 NMVe drive into my system and used Macrium Reflect to clone my old SSD to the new Rocket. Did not work. First I got a "missing or corrupted winload.efi" error message. On reboots, error xc000 000e error code. I booted up to...
  7. Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.

Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.: I have a backup plan that, aside from making regular Acronis images of the C drive, I also clone the C (Samsung 970 M.2 SSD) to D (Samsung 850 SSD). The saved images work perfectly with respect to recovering the C drive. However, I decided to test booting from the cloned D...
  8. clone drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clone drive: im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/clone-drive/4bc8db0d-5b76-48a0-99e0-a0d5997e4853
  9. Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference

Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference: Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference I have used Acronis for years. In order to clone a laptop drive I have been told to take out the internal laptop drive and attach via USB. Then put drive I want to clone TO in the laptop. Then I would boot...
  10. Unable to boot after trying to Clone with Acronis

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot after trying to Clone with Acronis: I have been having problems with this System Thread Exception Not Handled ASUSFILTER.SYS I would get as far as the Desktop for a few seconds then I would get the BSOD. At one point I thought that I had got it fixed and decided to clone straight away. I have a drive just...