Windows 10: Cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD. What can I delete?

Discus and support Cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD. What can I delete? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD and I want to delete all files from the HDD to be able to make it a storage HDD only with no windows files on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChubbiMexican, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD. What can I delete?

I just cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD and I want to delete all files from the HDD to be able to make it a storage HDD only with no windows files on it at all. Can I delete everything from the HDD without my Windows 10 bricking and not being able to use my computer?

:)

ChubbiMexican, Nov 25, 2021
  2. ColMac75 Win User

Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on
    it brings up support assist and then eventually tells me that there is no drive to boot from. Ive been looking online and I can't find what I did wrong.

ColMac75, Nov 25, 2021
  3. cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

if i clone my hdd to a nvme m.2 using something like macrium will windows use the right driver for nvme on boot or would i need to reinstall to get correct drivers

Crocodile_aligator, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD. What can I delete?

M.2 cloned from SSD dive, bios problems

did you cloned only C partition to new m.2 dad ? .

did you see new m.2 is detected by bios? , if not means get updated bios and flash it .

or restore the bios default settings .

after cloned c partition, remove old ssd, then boot the Windows 10 dvd and try to repair startup repair

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD. What can I delete?

1. Cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD. What can I delete? - Similar Threads - Cloned HDD SSD

2. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme: Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep...
  3. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme: Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep...
  4. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD. What can I delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD. What can I delete?: I just cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD and I want to delete all files from the HDD to be able to make it a storage HDD only with no windows files on it at all. Can I delete everything from the HDD without my Windows 10 bricking and not being able to use my computer?...
  6. Cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD. What can I delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD. What can I delete?: I just cloned my HDD to a new M.2 SSD and I want to delete all files from the HDD to be able to make it a storage HDD only with no windows files on it at all. Can I delete everything from the HDD without my Windows 10 bricking and not being able to use my computer?...
  7. cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cloning hdd to NVMe m.2: if i clone my hdd to a nvme m.2 using something like macrium will windows use the right driver for nvme on boot or would i need to reinstall to get correct drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloning-hdd-to-nvme-m2/a8055614-e138-453d-a75f-15a6d457735e
  8. Cloning OS from SSD to M.2

Cloning OS from SSD to M.2: I'm ordering my first M.2 drive and I need advice. 500g ssd to 500g m.2 Can I clone the OS? What program should I use to clone? Should I just reinstall windows? 149234
  9. best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?: Long story short: I have a Gigabyte Mini ITX motherboard with a 256GB Sandisk SATA III M.2 SSD in it that I'm replacing with a 1TB Intel PCIe M.2 SSD and would like to keep my OS and everything. My current plan ins to put the old SSD into a USB enclosure so I can boot from...
  10. Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD: I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on it brings up support...