Windows 10: Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!

Discus and support Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,FUTURE REFERENCE MATERIAL:BIOS SETTINGSUEFI → ENABLEDSECURED BOOT → EnabledFIRMWARE TPM → EnabledUEFI: Firmware Capsule Updates → EnabledWINDOWS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RNRPC_Computer_Repair, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!

Hello,FUTURE REFERENCE MATERIAL:BIOS SETTINGSUEFI → ENABLEDSECURED BOOT → EnabledFIRMWARE TPM → EnabledUEFI: Firmware Capsule Updates → EnabledWINDOWS SMM SECURITY MITIGATIONS → EnabledI was trying to clone a working bootable functioning 1TB HDD to a 500GB SSD using MacriumReflect and i got an error saying the followingClone Failed - Error 0 - Unable to match partition - Drive 2. Start Sector 974385152 - MFT corrupt - Error Code - 6. Please run ‘chkdsk E: /r’ErrorCloning.PNGI went ahead and followed the prompt that MACRIUM advised me to do and ran ChkDsk.chkdsk E: /FCHKDSK_Repairing.PNGCHK

:)

RNRPC_Computer_Repair, Jun 1, 2022

2. Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Hello, Migrating a 1TB Hard Drive to a 2TB HDD is very possible.

My Rig started out on just 160GB, when I upgraded HDDs, I cloned my 160 GB into a newly bought 500GB HDD. (it was an OS HDD)

Then on the next HDD upgrade(I bought a 1 TB) I cloned that 500GB to a 1 TB HDD.

No problems at all.

From what I can remember the program I used was Acronis?? I forgot. But it ran the cloning process outside of windows. the cloning took like 30 to 1 hr. then I switched drive letters and the newly bought HDD is now my boot device.

lyndonguitar, Jun 1, 2022
  3. Smears Win User
    Restore Image or Clone from HDD to new SSD?

I have a single, non-partitioned (C:\ drive only) 500GB HDD in a desktop PC, using approx. 80 percent of it. I want to install a 500GB SSD, and clone or restore an image of the HDD to it. Once that's complete and successful, I plan to wipe the 500GB HDD
    and then move my large libraries of media from the newly installed SSD to it. My future holds lots of video editing and compiling, so the extra storage will help, along with the better performance via the SSD (and upgraded RAM as well).

I'm unable to find after much research a definitive answer as to whether cloning the HDD to the SSD is better than restoring an image of the HDD to the SSD. I've read where cloning will carry over bad sectors and such where imaging will not. I think I'm
    leaning toward image restore, keeping a copy of it on an external 1TB drive I have, to which I can periodically do image backups of the new, separate drives.

I'd also like to find a tutorial re: the same. Thanks in advance for any help.

Smears, Jun 1, 2022
  4. Sanhime Win User

Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!

Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Jun 1, 2022
Thema:

Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!

1. Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now! - Similar Threads - Cloned Windows10 1TB

2. Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!: Hello,FUTURE REFERENCE MATERIAL:BIOS SETTINGSUEFI → ENABLEDSECURED BOOT → EnabledFIRMWARE TPM → EnabledUEFI: Firmware Capsule Updates → EnabledWINDOWS SMM SECURITY MITIGATIONS → EnabledI was trying to clone a working bootable functioning 1TB HDD to a 500GB SSD using...
  3. Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!: Hello,FUTURE REFERENCE MATERIAL:BIOS SETTINGSUEFI → ENABLEDSECURED BOOT → EnabledFIRMWARE TPM → EnabledUEFI: Firmware Capsule Updates → EnabledWINDOWS SMM SECURITY MITIGATIONS → EnabledI was trying to clone a working bootable functioning 1TB HDD to a 500GB SSD using...
  4. I Cloned my 1TB HDD to a New SSD, both 1TB in Size, but the Cloned SSD Won't boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I Cloned my 1TB HDD to a New SSD, both 1TB in Size, but the Cloned SSD Won't boot from USB: Hi! On Thursday, I bought a New SK Hynix 1 TB Hard Drive, figuring I'd upgrade my 3 year old Dell Inspiron 3567 laptop that understandably is slowing down over time. So I downloaded Macrium Reflect Free edition and connected my SSD via SATA to USB 3.0 cable to the USB 3.0...
  5. BSOD after cloned 250GB SSD to 500GB SSD (both SATA)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after cloned 250GB SSD to 500GB SSD (both SATA): I used Macrium Reflect to do the clone. 250GB Samsung 850EVO to 500GB Samsung 860EVO, both drives are SATA. Computer worked fine for about 24 hours, then I started getting BSOD's, I don't have a screenshot, but it said "critical error" or something like that. Finally, the...
  6. How to clone a 500GB HDD to a 120 GB SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to clone a 500GB HDD to a 120 GB SSD?: I own a 120GB SSD I'd like to install in my desktop PC. Currently I have a 500 GB HDD, almost full, just a single partition. I need some way to clone it with the option of selecting just what I want to clone (in my case just Windows and my programs). Then I'd like to use my...
  7. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  8. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  9. Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: Just finished swapping out my Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD for a new Samsung QVO 860 1TB SSD on my Lenovo Ideacenter K450. Took about 1.5 hours start to finish. 1. Macrium incremental backup of existing 500GB SSD. 2. Swapped drives. 3. Clean install to 1TB SSD (to get new...
  10. Cloning 1TB hdd to 25GB ssd? Can it be done?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cloning 1TB hdd to 25GB ssd? Can it be done?: Hello first off yes I know 1TB is way bigger than 525Gb but my dell inspiron 3650 isn't even a month old yet and I have only used 178 Gb total from the HDD. So my question is should I still be able to clone the hdd with 178Gb used(includes hidde to the ssd which has 475Gb...