Windows 10: Clonezilla for Windows 10 Back up

Discus and support Clonezilla for Windows 10 Back up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I plan to backup my Windows 10 install. So should I use Clonezilla? What are your thoughts on the software ? If I plan to backup just the OS and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TurbulentApartment73, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Clonezilla for Windows 10 Back up

I plan to backup my Windows 10 install. So should I use Clonezilla? What are your thoughts on the software ?

If I plan to backup just the OS and no other kind files, how much space do you think I"ll need ie. will I require an external hard drive or a pen drive would be enough ?

If an external hard drive is needed, can I use the free space left after the backup for file storage ?

I have never tried to backup an entire OS, so please excuse me if these are too basic of the questions.

submitted by /u/TurbulentApartment73
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TurbulentApartment73, Jul 26, 2020

2. Cloning with Clonezilla not working

No-shame pre-24 hour bump. *Cool Clonezilla for Windows 10 Back up :cool:

Here's what happened in a condensed form:

• I have 2 HDDs, a Raptor and a 1TB drive
    • I install Mac OSX on the Raptor
    • Using Clonezilla, I make an image of the Raptor with OSX on it and store it on the 1TB drive.
    • I install Windows 7 on the Raptor.
    • Using Clonezilla, I make an image of Win7 and store it on the Raptor.
    • For fun, I use Clonezilla to restore the OSX image back to the Raptor.
    • I boot OSX and it gives me errors
    • I use Clonezilla again and restore the Win7 image back to the Raptor
    • Everything works
    Why would won't OSX boot? I think this has to do more with Clonezilla than OSX. It was working before I cloned it.

angelkiller, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Clonezilla for Windows 10 Back up

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Clonezilla for Windows 10 Back up

1. Clonezilla for Windows 10 Back up - Similar Threads - Clonezilla

2. Using Clonezilla to Move Windows 10 Image from Dell to HP Laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Clonezilla to Move Windows 10 Image from Dell to HP Laptops: I am trying to move my wife's Windows 10 laptop image from her current Dell laptop to a new HP laptop. I use the Clonezilla IMAGE backup with the -J1 option rewrite boot block. When restored, the HP says it can't find a bootable OS. My research suggests this is because the...
  3. Using Clonezilla to Move Windows 10 Image from Dell to HP Laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Clonezilla to Move Windows 10 Image from Dell to HP Laptops: I am trying to move my wife's Windows 10 laptop image from her current Dell laptop to a new HP laptop. I use the Clonezilla IMAGE backup with the -J1 option rewrite boot block. When restored, the HP says it can't find a bootable OS. My research suggests this is because the...
  4. Using Clonezilla to Move Windows 10 Image from Dell to HP Laptops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can i clone a 1TB HDD to a 240GB SDD with clonezilla

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i clone a 1TB HDD to a 240GB SDD with clonezilla: I wish to upgrade to an ssd but because of limitations in my budget, i plan to bye a 240 gb ssd.Even thought i have a 1TB HDD i only used 150GB of it including OS files cleared the restSo can i clone my 1TB HDD to my 240GB SSD eventhough its of a smaller size but the storage...
  6. Can't boot Clonezilla Live from USB in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot Clonezilla Live from USB in my laptop: Hi there! I know the USB stick is not the problem as I just used it on my desktop without a problem. But when I try on the IdeaPad Flex 5 laptop it gets stuck after I select a resolution at the beginning (2nd from the top). I already disabled Secure Boot. Any ideas? Thanks a...
  7. After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability: Hello, I just tried to use Clonzilla to to make a image backup. All seemed to perform fine with no errors, but now when I try to boot up, I get the blue error screen, Error 0xc000000e. I have tried all the Microsoft guides to repair the boot, but no luck. I made a bootable...
  8. Black screen and loading/blinking/buged cursor after using Clonezilla

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen and loading/blinking/buged cursor after using Clonezilla: he PC where all this happened is a slim laptop, i clonned their original operating system that is located on a emmc drive (DISK 1) to a kingston 240gb ssd (DISK 0), after the proccess the OS on the ssd boot perfectly but the original one wont boot all i see is a black screen...
  9. Black screen and loading/blinking/buged cursor after using Clonezilla

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen and loading/blinking/buged cursor after using Clonezilla: The PC where all this happened is a slim laptop, i clonned their original operating system that is located on a emmc drive (DISK 1) to a kingston 240gb ssd (DISK 0), after the proccess the OS on the ssd boot perfectly but the original one wont boot all i see is a black screen...
  10. CloneZilla with Windows 10 and Office 2016 - Licences issues?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    CloneZilla with Windows 10 and Office 2016 - Licences issues?: Hello again! So far I enjoy my stay here. on this forum. I get plenty of useful information about windows 10, so thanks about that! I have another odd question today.. with my current operating system Mint, after installation I got used to this: Install the OS, install my...