Windows 10: Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable

Discus and support Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am cloning my Windows 10 OS partition. My HDD have 450MB Recovery partition 100MB EFI System partition (C: 239.2GB NTFS (Boot, Page File, Crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by holahapi, Aug 29, 2016.

1. holahapi Win User

Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable

I am cloning my Windows 10 OS partition.

My HDD have
    450MB Recovery partition
    100MB EFI System partition
    (C: 239.2GB NTFS (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

I cloned (C: ) to an External HDD, however it is not bootable.
    Should I also clone other partitions for able to work or I missing some steps?

:)

holahapi, Aug 29, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

MSI gives the same message when I try and install any program...

Cloning you drive is a relatively painful operation, it just takes a bit of time. I find the best and easiest software to use for this job is AOMEI Partition Assistant

You licence for Windows will be unaffected and normally registration for your other software will be fine. Though a very few pieces of software like ABBYY Finereader are registered from the serial number of your hard drive, but this is very unusual and can
    normally be rectified by contacting their website . . .

Click HERE to download the FREE AOMEI Partition Assistant

Click HERE fro instructions on how to Clone your Drive with AOMEI Partition Assistant

I Hope this Helps!

EDIT --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are unable to install AOMEI Partition Assistant (it is an exe not an msi), you might think of using a bootable app to clone the drive,

Click HERE
    to look at Clonezilla a bootable disc cloning software

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DaveM121, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Transfer Windows 10 from one hard drive to another

Cloning is the answer.

I use Clonezilla, a free Open source disk imaging program.

Had excellent results with Windows 7, Windows 10 and Linux on both HDDs and SSDs.

Gordon B-P, Aug 29, 2016
Thema:

Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable

1. Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable - Similar Threads - Clonezilla Clone bootable

2. Making a bootable external clone of a windows 10 drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a bootable external clone of a windows 10 drive: I want to create an clone of my existing windows 10 computer to run on a different computer, issue being neither have a second memory slot so it must be externalSimply cloning doesn't work due to windows not allowing itself to boot from a usb. So i need some other way to make...
  3. Making a bootable clone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making a bootable clone: I want to clone my c: drive to an external hard drive and then use the external drive as a boot drive. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-bootable-clone/c1231084-ab3e-4156-a3e7-51b2959a3df4
  4. Cloned Drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned Drive bootable?: I have an SSD in my laptop. I cloned it to a SSD in an external case. When I put the cloned drive in the laptop it isn't recognized. How do I make it bootable? 161368
  5. Clonezilla for Windows 10 Back up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clonezilla for Windows 10 Back up: I plan to backup my Windows 10 install. So should I use Clonezilla? What are your thoughts on the software ? If I plan to backup just the OS and no other kind files, how much space do you think I"ll need ie. will I require an external hard drive or a pen drive would be...
  6. Cloned Drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned Drive bootable?: I have an SSD in my laptop. I cloned it to a SSD in an external case. When I put the cloned drive in the laptop it isn't recognized. How do I make it bootable? 161368
  7. Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable: Hi there, I have a Windows 10 Alienware R7 desktop and I had my operating system on a SSD drive. I cloned the Windows OS to a 2TB HDD that is also in my desktop because I would like to dual boot Ubuntu and want Ubuntu to be installed on the SSD instead of Windows. The tool I...
  8. Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable: Hi there, I have a Windows 10 Alienware R7 desktop and I had my operating system on a SSD drive. I cloned the Windows OS to a 2TB HDD that is also in my desktop because I would like to dual boot Ubuntu and want Ubuntu to be installed on the SSD instead of Windows. The tool I...
  9. How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla: Last Updated on April 24, 2019If you’ve ever wanted to clone your Windows 10 drive, you might’ve found that it takes some know-how. There are many things that you need to keep an eye out for in this process, and many of them, if set-up the wrong way, might leave you with a...
  10. Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated: I just cloned my ssd onto another ssd twice its size however windows reports the size as the same, and in partition manager from windows it wont allow me to expand only shrink the size The disk size in part manager is also the same size as the original drive 20846