Windows 10: CloneZilla with Windows 10 and Office 2016 - Licences issues?

Discus and support CloneZilla with Windows 10 and Office 2016 - Licences issues? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello again! So far I enjoy my stay here. on this forum. I get plenty of useful information about windows 10, so thanks about that! I have another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by windowz123, Mar 6, 2020.

1. CloneZilla with Windows 10 and Office 2016 - Licences issues?

Hello again!

So far I enjoy my stay here. on this forum. I get plenty of useful information about windows 10, so thanks about that!

I have another odd question today.. with my current operating system Mint, after installation I got used to this: Install the OS, install my programs, configure everything then clone the result using bootable CloneZilla. So if i have a problem I can replace my OS with the clone is about 5 minutes total.

Now I would like to do that with Windows 10 and Office 2016 with my new computer but.. I don't know how this procedure could conflict with Microsoft checking the licenses automatically for both Windows and Office.

Let's say i use my computer for a whole year, during that year, I will receive many updates for both windows and office, the Windows revision might even change, and Microsoft will check my Office license often during that year.

The question is: What would happen if I would replace a broken OS by a clone that is 1 year old? with the older updates, older everything.

Could I get some problems with the licenses in the sense that Microsoft could think that I am trying to authenticate another computer or anything. They could think that I am trying to clone a computer with activated licenses in it, which I highly suspect.

Microsoft is always 10 steps ahead of me on anything these days, they thought about everything.

What do you think ?

:)

windowz123, Mar 6, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Cloned HDD to SSD where is my office licence?

Hi jb-655

What Microsoft Office licence do you have, is that Office 2016, 2019, or Office 365?

If any of the above licences, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Cloning with Clonezilla not working

No-shame pre-24 hour bump. *Cool CloneZilla with Windows 10 and Office 2016 - Licences issues? :cool:

Here's what happened in a condensed form:

• I have 2 HDDs, a Raptor and a 1TB drive
    • I install Mac OSX on the Raptor
    • Using Clonezilla, I make an image of the Raptor with OSX on it and store it on the 1TB drive.
    • I install Windows 7 on the Raptor.
    • Using Clonezilla, I make an image of Win7 and store it on the Raptor.
    • For fun, I use Clonezilla to restore the OSX image back to the Raptor.
    • I boot OSX and it gives me errors
    • I use Clonezilla again and restore the Win7 image back to the Raptor
    • Everything works
    Why would won't OSX boot? I think this has to do more with Clonezilla than OSX. It was working before I cloned it.

angelkiller, Mar 6, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

CloneZilla with Windows 10 and Office 2016 - Licences issues?

DaveM121, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

CloneZilla with Windows 10 and Office 2016 - Licences issues?

1. CloneZilla with Windows 10 and Office 2016 - Licences issues? - Similar Threads - CloneZilla Office 2016

2. How to buy licence for windows 10 ,and windows 11 and office 2016 and 2019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to buy licence for windows 10 ,and windows 11 and office 2016 and 2019: please help to find solution to buy licence for windows and office https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-buy-licence-for-windows-10-and-windows-11/53a62e86-c61a-4d38-ae2f-c0b75c7d0157
  3. Windows 10 / Office 2016 Folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 / Office 2016 Folder issue: I have recently brought a new Dell 2 in 1 laptop which is great. I am running Windows 10 and Office 2016. When everything across I transfer my document folders to the folder which has my User. I have noticed that it is duplicating everything in the folder called MY PC. I...
  4. Clonezilla for Windows 10 Back up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clonezilla for Windows 10 Back up: I plan to backup my Windows 10 install. So should I use Clonezilla? What are your thoughts on the software ? If I plan to backup just the OS and no other kind files, how much space do you think I"ll need ie. will I require an external hard drive or a pen drive would be...
  5. Office 2016 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2016 and Windows 10: Hello there! Can I load Office 2016 with Windows 10? Do I need to switch out of S Mode to do this? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016-and-windows-10/1e03d580-f86b-4e75-92ab-05afe819f2ad
  6. Windows 10; Office 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10; Office 2016: Suddenly the keyboard does not start up with num lock ON! Cannot find any settings relating to this. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-office-2016/ea4a6ad5-06d7-4757-88e4-ed1333e027df
  7. Office 2016 Licences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016 Licences: Hey everyone, Hope someone out there can help us with this. I work for a company and we recently fired our IT tech and I am trying to clean up the mess he made. I found in his office a stack (20+) Office 2016 license keys that have been activated but have no...
  8. Office 2016 SharePoint in Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 SharePoint in Windows 10: What is the function of SharePoint? Is it something like ftp or... Thank you 75991
  9. Office 2013 issues, upgraded to Office 2016...

Office 2013 issues, upgraded to Office 2016...: Since upgrading my main desktop to Windows 10, I began having trouble with my Office 2013 installation. I would get the "swirling circle" and the "application has stopped responding" error messages very frequently. I was able to buy the Office 2016 suite for $10 through my...
  10. Office 2016 Strange Issue

Office 2016 Strange Issue: That's the best title I could come up with. I have a user with a new Surface Book. Clean install of Windows 10, his necessary software, including Office Pro 2016 x64. This is the disc install version, not Office 365. He's getting an error saving Word documents from within...