Windows 10: Cloning 2 drives

Discus and support Cloning 2 drives in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want to clone 2 1TB drives with Macrium Reflect. Instead of buying 2 individual drives, can get one 2TB and partition it into 2? This'll work just as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by James1093, Jun 24, 2021.

1. James1093 Win User

Cloning 2 drives

I want to clone 2 1TB drives with Macrium Reflect. Instead of buying 2 individual drives, can get one 2TB and partition it into 2? This'll work just as well ? Thanks

:)

James1093, Jun 24, 2021

2. Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Keitaro

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Heed the advice of the software, you must disable BitLocker before cloning. This is highly recommend if you ever want to get access to the drive.

There is nothing wrong with having to re-enable it after restoring the clone.

Step 1: disable BitLocker.

Step 2: clone drive

Step 3: restore the cloned image to the new drive.

Step 4: Re-Enable BitLocker.

Andre for Directly, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Sanhime Win User
    Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Cloning 2 drives

cloneing a drive in windows 10

Hi,I have this question last year,but my os is windows 8.there are my steps of

How to clone drive in winodws

,you can check.hope that helps

First,I download a free tool of MiniTool partition wizard and launch it.

Step 1. Connect SSD to Windows 8. Install and launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition, select the source hard drive and then choose “Copy

Step 2. Select a disk to copy the source disk. Here you are expected to choose the SSD (we choose disk 3).

Note: All the data on SSD will be destroyed, so make sure you have done backup in advance. You are allowed to clone a hard drive to a smaller SSD, as long as it can hold all data in the source disk. You can also clone SSD to larger SSD by using MiniTool
    Partition Wizard Free Edition.

Step 3. Review the changes you are going to make and also change the copy options if necessary.

Step 4. MiniTool Partition Wizard will tell you how to boot from the destination hard drive. So if you are cloning boot drive to SSD, you need to pay attention.

Step 5. When you are lead to the main interface again, you can preview the changes you are going to make from the middle pane. (Here disk 3 has the same disk layout with disk 1.) If you confirm these
    changes, you should click “Apply” to make the changes effective. Hope that helps

Areil.Bart, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Cloning 2 drives

1. Cloning 2 drives - Similar Threads - Cloning drives

2. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  3. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  4. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  6. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  7. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  9. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  10. After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files

After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files: When I attempt to access my personal files it says "D:\School is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc iss inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or...