Windows 10: Cloning a hard drive

Discus and support Cloning a hard drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KZmerz, Sep 25, 2022.

1. KZmerz Win User

Cloning a hard drive

Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable and plugged into a Windows 8.0 laptop. I can see the files & folders in file explorer which was a relief. Plugged in my backup drive and tried to copy everything using:xcopy e:\ f\ /s /e /h /i /c /ye: Dell HDD and f: Backup DriveAfter about 4 hours of copying it finished; however when I compared the copy to th

:)

KZmerz, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Sanhime Win User

Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Hello, Migrating a 1TB Hard Drive to a 2TB HDD is very possible.

My Rig started out on just 160GB, when I upgraded HDDs, I cloned my 160 GB into a newly bought 500GB HDD. (it was an OS HDD)

Then on the next HDD upgrade(I bought a 1 TB) I cloned that 500GB to a 1 TB HDD.

No problems at all.

From what I can remember the program I used was Acronis?? I forgot. But it ran the cloning process outside of windows. the cloning took like 30 to 1 hr. then I switched drive letters and the newly bought HDD is now my boot device.

lyndonguitar, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Klusie31 Win User

Cloning a hard drive

Clone hard drive partition

I cloned hard drive A from hard drive B. Hard drive B had two partitions, two Windows operating systems cloned successfully to hard drive A.

Recently Windows 10 took a dump on it's partition on hard drive A. My question is, do I boot from hard drive B to clone the Windows 10 to a like

partition on hard drive A, and, must I reformat the destination partition on hard drive A or will AOMEI partition assistant automatically take

care of that???

Any help I get on this will be greatly appreciated.

Klusie31, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Cloning a hard drive

1. Cloning a hard drive - Similar Threads - Cloning hard drive

2. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning a hard drive: Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable...
  3. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning a hard drive: Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable...
  4. Cloning Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning Hard Drive: I use an ssd for booting windows and I had a bad 1TB hard drive which I'm now cloning to a better 2TB hard drive using Macrium Reflect. The cloning is almost done (90%) but I have a few questions. How does it work with the download/picture/documents folder in File...
  5. Cloning hard drive help

Cloning hard drive help: I cloned my main boot drive. I have 2 drives installed. How do change boot to the newly cloned drive if I have both of them plugged in? submitted by /u/supertrucker39 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0ht25/cloning_hard_drive_help/
  6. Hard drive cloning question

Hard drive cloning question: Basically my desktop has an old intel p600 256gb nvme drive, clearly not enough for gaming or anything. id like to clone it to a 1tb nvme drive, i understand i can just get an nvme to usb adapter to do this and use some cloning software but here is where im getting confused,i...
  7. cloning to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cloning to a new hard drive: when cloning windows 10 drive to a new SSD, should the new hard drive be blank? so if not, then do you need to delete everything on it or reformat it first? i bought a new pc that has Windows 10 and I want to clone my old pc to the new one...... using macrium . thanks in...
  8. Hard drive clone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard drive clone: Hey: Can I create a cloned drive by cloning to a hd on my PC from my laptop drive & then from the PC to SSD? I only have 1 cable & my laptop will not boot. Both machines have win10 upgrades - 1 from win7 pro -PC & 1 from win 8 home - laptop....
  9. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive: Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder...
  10. Hard Driving Cloning Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Driving Cloning Question: I am looking to upgrade a computer in my office to Windows 10 once it comes out. This computer needs to have its hard drive replicated. Currently we have two option to clone the hard drive, hardware based and software based cloning. Has anyone tried either method of cloning?...