Windows 10: Cloning a hdd to ssd

Discus and support Cloning a hdd to ssd in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; 1t to 250 gig ssd using MiniTool Partition Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ken1943, Nov 6, 2019 at 4:02 AM.

1. ken1943 Win User

Cloning a hdd to ssd

1t to 250 gig ssd using MiniTool Partition Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !!

Anything I have to be aware of ?

Thanks

:)

2. Clone HDD to a SSD

I'm planing to upgrade my new laptop HDD to SSD while using my HDD as a storage media on my laptop. My laptop came with windows 10 Home OEM. If I cloned the HDD will the windows be activated after I
    cloned or will it be deactivated?? And what happend to other activated softwares like MS Office and Antivirus Softwares???

Thank you for your support.

Kasun Anuradha, Nov 6, 2019 at 4:03 AM
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How to clone hdd to ssd

H PARVEEN_RANAUT

If you can connect both drives to your PC at the same time and the SSD is of the same or greater size to the HDD, then you can use the free version of Macrium Reflect to clone the HDD onto the SSD . . .

Download link:

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

How to use Macrium Reflect to Clone a drive:

https://blog.macrium.com/techie-tuesday-cloning...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

4. BhaumikS Win User

Cloning a hdd to ssd

Cloning HDD having Windows 10 to SSD

Hello,

If I clone HDD having windows 10 to SSD then will it also copy the drivers and all?

I am thinking to use cloning software available on internet like EaseUS, Partionwizard, etc.

Can anyone confirms that If I clone then will I get everything as it is there in HDD with driver and when I boot SSD then do I need to reinstall the driver again?

Thanks in advance.

Thema:

Cloning a hdd to ssd

1. Cloning a hdd to ssd - Similar Threads - Cloning hdd ssd

2. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using Macrium Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  3. cloning a HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cloning a HDD: I have tried the following cloning software (aomei, Marium Reflect 7; MiniTool; Easeus TODO; clonezilla. they all have one thing in common, they don't produce a bootable/recogizable drive. Any ideas on how i can resolve the replacement of my laptop HDD? Cheers/Thanks...
  4. How to clone hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clone hdd to ssd: please tell me how to change my laptop harddisk hdd to sdd without any data loss. through the cloning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clone-hdd-to-ssd/857c7761-b81d-491e-b669-9679f8b69e0c
  5. Cloning HDD having Windows 10 to SSD

Cloning HDD having Windows 10 to SSD: Hello, If I clone HDD having windows 10 to SSD then will it also copy the drivers and all? I am thinking to use cloning software available on internet like EaseUS, Partionwizard, etc. Can anyone confirms that If I clone then will I get everything as it is there in HDD...
  6. Real time SSD cloning to my HDD

Real time SSD cloning to my HDD: Hi, I have a specific case here, couldn't find one like this before, so here it is. I have a 2 year old laptop, although it is still pretty strong, i bought EXP GDC to power it up a little bit. Anyway, the problem is, the M.2 port i should plug the EXP GDC into, is...
  7. Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????: I want to do a clone backup of my laptop that has an SSD for the OS and program files and an HDD for the data files I am unsure of how to do a clone backup involving the two drive configuration As seen in the capture below do I clone the two drives separately to their...
  8. Cloning HDD to SSD-HDD is 512 format & SSD is 4096 format. Matter?

Cloning HDD to SSD-HDD is 512 format & SSD is 4096 format. Matter?: If so, what are my options? This HDD came from HP w/Win 7. I upgraded it to Win 10 but would like to clone it to the SSD for the speed increase. Thanks in advance, jeff 40208
  9. Cloning HDD to SSD in a different computer?

Cloning HDD to SSD in a different computer?: Hey everyone, Just wanted to get a feel on this before i dig into it. I have a dell laptop (school) that i got a SSD for. I also have a clevo laptop at home (main computer), and it has two 2.5" driver bays. Could i install my current dell HDD and the new SSD into the clevo...
  10. Clone HDD to SSD

Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058