Windows 10: cloning a HDD

Discus and support cloning a HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried the following cloning software (aomei, Marium Reflect 7; MiniTool; Easeus TODO; clonezilla. they all have one thing in common, they don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RodNorthcott, Oct 29, 2019.

1. cloning a HDD

I have tried the following cloning software (aomei, Marium Reflect 7; MiniTool; Easeus TODO; clonezilla. they all have one thing in common, they don't produce a bootable/recogizable drive. Any ideas on how i can resolve the replacement of my laptop HDD?

Cheers/Thanks

:)

RodNorthcott, Oct 29, 2019
  2. OOLuigiOo Win User

Failing HDD and Cloning

You seem intend on this install clean install windows when I have said windows does not run on that drive and TeraCopy doesn't even budge anymore.
    for moving files from that drive. Then there are those that have suggested imaging and 1 or 2 that talked about cloning software.

I now have 3 HDDs left...

So nothing is copying, no cloning and imaging, now what?

OOLuigiOo, Oct 29, 2019
  3. JMX
    jmx Win User
    Copy/Clone of HDD used for Windows Backups

I use a 500 gb external HDD to store Windows backup files and System Images. I do a backup each morning. The 500gb external HDD stays connected to the computer and holds approximately 10 System Images in addition to the file backups

A few days ago, I used Macrium Reflect (MR) to make a clone of my 500 gb backup HDD. I wanted a backup of the backup to keep in a drawer.

Unfortunately, if I try to use the MR clone HDD to restore a System Image using Windows, Windows only lists the last System Image instead of the approximately 10 System Images that I know are on the cloned HDD. (Windows appears to be treating the cloned HDD like a network backup - listing only the last System Image).

I have not used MR to make backups. If I start using MR for backups, will I be able to clone the MR backup HDD and then store it in a drawer. If the answer is yes, will I be able to select System Images off of the clone when I try to use MR to restore a System Image off of the cloned HDD?

Thanks for any info or suggestions.

4. cloning a HDD

Clone HDD to a SSD

I'm planing to upgrade my new laptop HDD to SSD while using my HDD as a storage media on my laptop. My laptop came with windows 10 Home OEM. If I cloned the HDD will the windows be activated after I
    cloned or will it be deactivated?? And what happend to other activated softwares like MS Office and Antivirus Softwares???

Thank you for your support.

Kasun Anuradha, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

cloning a HDD

1. cloning a HDD - Similar Threads - cloning HDD

2. Help cloning hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help cloning hdd to ssd: Hi!I have an old desktop from around 2015, and I’m trying to clone the hdd to an ssd, but I can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve tried the free versions of both Macrium reflect and Casper, but neither have worked. With macrium reflect, I get error code 8 once the transfer is...
  3. Help cloning hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help cloning hdd to ssd: Hi!I have an old desktop from around 2015, and I’m trying to clone the hdd to an ssd, but I can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve tried the free versions of both Macrium reflect and Casper, but neither have worked. With macrium reflect, I get error code 8 once the transfer is...
  4. Help cloning hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine: I have 4 hard drives in my system. Windows 10 is installed on the last drive. When I try to boot into Windows 10, it state it can't find windows\system\winloader.exe.I tried recovery disk and it states it can't repair.I booted into Windows 7 which is on a different hard...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine: I have 4 hard drives in my system. Windows 10 is installed on the last drive. When I try to boot into Windows 10, it state it can't find windows\system\winloader.exe.I tried recovery disk and it states it can't repair.I booted into Windows 7 which is on a different hard...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

8. Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query: I'm currently facing an issue that has me stumped and in need of some guidance regarding a Windows OS cloning and booting problem.Here's the situation: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my Windows 11 operating system from my internal SSD onto an external HDD. My intention was...
  9. Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query

Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query: I'm currently facing an issue that has me stumped and in need of some guidance regarding a Windows OS cloning and booting problem.Here's the situation: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my Windows 11 operating system from my internal SSD onto an external HDD. My intention was...
  10. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...