Windows 10: Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails

Discus and support Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, I've got a Windows 10 Home install running on a pair of 120GB SSDs running in RAID 0 (striped) - seemed like a good idea at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by angrypanda, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails

Hi All,

I've got a Windows 10 Home install running on a pair of 120GB SSDs running in RAID 0 (striped) - seemed like a good idea at the time.....ho-hum.... :/

Have now run out of space and want to move to a bigger (single) SSD. I used Macrium Reflect to clone the partitions across to the new single SSD (no problem there), then disconnected the RAID array leaving the new SSD attached.

The Intel SATA raid thingie now detects on boot that there is no longer a RAID, but Windows won't boot. It takes me straight to the blue "something's not right" page saying that there is some hardware missing...sorry can't remember the error at the moment.

I cannot get to the recovery mode (pressing F8 - does nothing). How can I tell windows that the RAID has gone and there is now a single boot drive in operation?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Jon

:)

angrypanda, Jan 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Raid 0

Before my Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Installation, I went into my Motherboard's BIOS and set my two 2TB hard drives in Raid 0 formation. After my Windows 10 Installation, "this computer" sees my "C" drive as only 2TB. Windows 10 should recognize my Raid 0 "C"
    drive capacity as 4TB. Why is windows 10 listing my "C" drive as 2TB? Windows 10 should have spanned the Installation across my two hard drives in RAID 0 formation. Did Windows 10 install only onto one hard drive? How can I correct this Windows Installation
    to span across my two Seagate SSHD hard drives in RAID 0 formation?

Dune 10191, Jan 13, 2019
  3. windows 8.1 upgrade to windows 10 on a raid 0 ssd setup

Hi

when the upgrade to windows 10 will be lunch and i start the procedure it will pick up that i am on a raid 0 ssd configuration and upgrade on it or it will mess up the raid and i will need to make a fresh install ?

carlopezzi, Jan 13, 2019
  4. robbyc Win User

Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails

RAID 0 SSD Windows 10 Disk Read Error

I bought two new SSDs to be used in a RAID 0 configuration with a Dell 9020 under Windows 10.

Before the drives I arrived I configured two old HDDs in RAID 0 and installed Windows 10 as a clean install. This worked perfectly.

Once the new SSDs arrived I configured these in RAID 0 and started a clean install. Windows correctly identified the disk with the correct capacity and the install completed without issue.

When the computer restarts I got a "A disk read error occurred" error.

If I boot from the installation media to a command prompt I can see that the Windows files have been correctly installed to the C drive of the RAID 0 array.

I try fixing the MBR but this does not solve the issue.

I also tried loading the RAID drive during Windows install but this made no difference, and if it was the driver causing the issue it would not have worked with my old HDDs.

If I open diskpart I see that the drive is not marked as boot, which it is when I check these details on the old HDDs in RAID0.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

robbyc, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails

1. Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails - Similar Threads - Cloning installation RAID

2. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  3. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  4. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  5. creating Raid 0 fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    creating Raid 0 fails: I have 24 HDD. This holiday season, I received four Seagate Exos enterprise X16 16 TB HDD. They connected to my motherboard using SAS . When I try to create a stripped raid with just 2 HDD, Disk Management FAILS. Same result for a two disk pool using Storage Spaces. Help!...
  6. Install Windows on Raid 0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on Raid 0: I have an i3-3240 processor, an ASRock H61M-VG3 motherboard and 2 Hitachi HDP725050GLA360G. My question is: what do I need to install Windows on the 2 hdds in Raid 0? And I would like if you can find me what's needed....
  7. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  8. Raid 0 ssd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 0 ssd drive: HI all Hope someone can help me. I have a desktop computer in raid 0 samsung ssd drive My problem I have is deleted pictures. I know that raid 0 ssd does not support trim on my p58 atx motherboard so if I delete a file I should be able to recover it? I deleted a...
  9. Migrating OS from RAID 0 to a single SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Migrating OS from RAID 0 to a single SSD: Okay. I have been doing a lot of cloning and migrating an OS before but I haven't done cloning or migrating an OS from dual drives in RAID 0 mode. It's not my PC. Someone is just asking for my help. Is it a different approach or is it just like working on a single drive?...
  10. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clone stripped raid to single drive

2. raid to single

3. clone raid 0 to ssd