Windows 10: cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

Discus and support cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ben Daniels, Sep 8, 2016.

1. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is not a image its a clone and it doesn't showup. I can open the clone on the external and it is there all files. Can anyone tell me what I am not doing rite?? I don't seem to be able to figure it out myself. It would be a great help to me if someone can help me.
    Thanks
    Ben

:)

Ben Daniels, Sep 8, 2016
  2. jaduk Win User

what internal drive can i get please?

ok thank you for all your help. yes my hard drive is cloned and i use windows image backup and macrium reflect

jaduk, Sep 8, 2016
  3. CraigLong Win User
    CraigLong, Sep 8, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

Hi.
    First of all, you'd want to make an image, not a clone.
    Can I use Macrium Reflect to move my installed software to a new machine - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase
    Second, you'd be performing a ReDeploy to the target system.
    _ReDeploy - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase
    Third, unless you have another W10 key to activate the target system, your OS will become "UN-activated" once moved.
    Last, I don't think (I could be wrong) the ReDeploy option is available in the free version, so you'd need to purchase the Macrium program to do this.

simrick, Sep 8, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    That's right. I've transferred two systems this way and it was quick and simple.

Steve C, Sep 8, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Please clarify:
    What does your disk contain? Is it purely data? Is it your system disk?
    If both, what are you actually interested in transferring?
    If you are trying to transfer the entire OS, are the PCs identical in hardware or different?

dalchina, Sep 8, 2016
  7. topgundcp Win User
    IMHO, the easiest way is to copy all partitions from one disk to another so that you don't have to make a backup/restore. The cluster size on the destination disk will be aligned properly.
    Source disk contains all windows partitions
    Destination contains all partitions from Source disk.
    With the destination disk connected. Boot up Windows and run Macrium. Follow the video to copy:
    [youtube]kMEOIU0zIdw[/youtube]

topgundcp, Sep 8, 2016
  8. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

Thanks for all the help. I did it the way u said and I was able to do it, sorry I not too smart on this. Now if I can just get all the setups done I will be happy. I am having a problem getting my screen size setup rite every either to big or too small. I set it as what was recommended and I not real happy but may have to just live with it. I will get used to it. Thanks again for the help.
    Ben

Ben Daniels, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

1. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - cloning hard drive

2. Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Times to clone with Macrium Reflect: Due to a corrupt SSD I have installed Macrium Reflect app and started doing a clone of the SDD. I'm doing the clone to an older HDD, which I used as an OS drive before. My plan was to make this clone, and if it succeeded and was bootable, clone this to a new SDD. But the...
  3. Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Times to clone with Macrium Reflect: Due to a corrupt SSD I have installed Macrium Reflect app and started doing a clone of the SDD. I'm doing the clone to an older HDD, which I used as an OS drive before. My plan was to make this clone, and if it succeeded and was bootable, clone this to a new SDD. But the...
  4. Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?

Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?: I replaced my hard drive, same size. So I cloned it. Can I do a differential backup based on a full image of the original drive using the clone? Using Macrium Reflect Free Edition as my backup software. 181683
  5. Cloning Hard Drive onto SSD Using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning Hard Drive onto SSD Using Macrium Reflect: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my hard drive onto my Samsung 970 Evo SSD. Upon completion, I went into BIOS, set the SSD as the boot drive, and was met with a screen that says that the SSD isn't a bootable media. All I want to do is to have windows 10 on my SSD so that it...
  6. Updating a Macrium Reflect Clone

Updating a Macrium Reflect Clone: OK, after a couple of decades of using FSS Developments Casper to backup and restore my computers, I took the plunge and bought a single licence for Macrium Reflect Home v 7.3.5289 in the Halloween sale. I've unistalled Casper on my ThinkPad T450s with 1 TB SSD running W10...
  7. Macrium Reflect clone question

Macrium Reflect clone question: Hi, I just cloned a 500gb disk to another disk of the same size using v7.2.4601. Clone finished fine, both disks boot ok, however the disk utilization is much higher on the source disk. 297gb(source) vs 64gb(target) - Wondering what did not get copied, or what is using up...
  8. CLONE with Macrium Reflect (6.3 full) ERROR 12348

CLONE with Macrium Reflect (6.3 full) ERROR 12348: [img] I am getting a new hard drive WD1003FZEX this Friday to replace a 4 year old Seagate in my Dell XPS8700. I backup every day using Macrium Reflect 6.3 (paid). I always look at the Log and get NO errors, none !! In preparation I thought I try the CLONE method...
  9. Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive: I want to add a SSD Drive SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE256BW to my computer. I have done a system image of my WD drive,will I be able to install the image to the SSD drive? The WD drive has a partition on it that is...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...