Windows 10: Cloning HDD and Win 10

Discus and support Cloning HDD and Win 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I believe I asked this before, but memory fails. I currently run 1Tb drives on my Core I7 system, and my new MB is capable of the 6Gb/S sata, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by RWOne, Sep 28, 2017.

1. RWOne Win User

Cloning HDD and Win 10

I believe I asked this before, but memory fails.

I currently run 1Tb drives on my Core I7 system, and my new MB is capable of the 6Gb/S sata, but I wont get that with my current drives.

Looking today, I see the WD Blue 6Gb/S sata drives are now down to around $45, I might pick one up in the next month or so to increase system performance slightly by taking advantage of the higher throughput that my newer MB gives.

Typically I use XXCLONE when faced with this type of operation, it served me well on W7 moving drives, but wanted to ask if anyone had any issues with cloning on W10 ?

Thanks beforehand.

Marc

:)

RWOne, Sep 28, 2017

2. OCZ Revo Drive X2 Windows 10 Compatiblity

I think I'll clone my revo to an hdd, do the win 10 upgrade, then try to clone it back to revo all keeping the same disk id.

BillAshley, Sep 28, 2017
  3. Dual boot Windows 10 and Windows 7 by cloning Windows 7 to new HDD

Old title: Dual boot Win 10 and Win 7

Have Win 10 on SSD C:\ and a failing HDD with Win 7 and some programs I don't want to lose. I have a new HDD to use to create a dual boot. Media for Win 7 is no longer available. How do I clone the failing disk into a bootable partition on the new HDD?

DavidSchott263, Sep 28, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Cloning HDD and Win 10

This is most likely not directly related to your question, and I apologize, but you may want to read this if you haven't already.

XXCLONE, A New Way of Cloning the Windows System Disk

f14tomcat, Sep 28, 2017
  5. RWOne Win User
    F14,

I appreciate the link, already have that, which is what I use. Just wanted to know if others have had any issues cloning on 10 with it.

$44 for a new 1Tb drive with sata 6Gb/sec support should be nice for my system! *Smile

RWOne, Oct 2, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Any cloning software should do the job the only difference with ten is most are now uefi and gpt disk which generally win7 didn't have. Clone the whole drive and remove the old one before you boot from new disk so you can put old disk if needed

Samuria, Oct 2, 2017
  7. RolandJS Win User
    "...$44 for a new 1Tb drive with sata 6Gb/sec support..." I use two twin 1TB usb external hard-drives for each computer, just in case one of the two develops a logical error, forcing a format.

RolandJS, Oct 4, 2017
  8. djfaz Win User

Cloning HDD and Win 10

I have used Acronis for years and never had any issues. If you own a WD harddrive then you can get a free copy at the WD site.

djfaz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cloning HDD and Win 10

1. Cloning HDD and Win 10 - Similar Threads - Cloning HDD

2. Help cloning hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help cloning hdd to ssd: Hi!I have an old desktop from around 2015, and I’m trying to clone the hdd to an ssd, but I can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve tried the free versions of both Macrium reflect and Casper, but neither have worked. With macrium reflect, I get error code 8 once the transfer is...
  3. Help cloning hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help cloning hdd to ssd: Hi!I have an old desktop from around 2015, and I’m trying to clone the hdd to an ssd, but I can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve tried the free versions of both Macrium reflect and Casper, but neither have worked. With macrium reflect, I get error code 8 once the transfer is...
  4. Help cloning hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine: I have 4 hard drives in my system. Windows 10 is installed on the last drive. When I try to boot into Windows 10, it state it can't find windows\system\winloader.exe.I tried recovery disk and it states it can't repair.I booted into Windows 7 which is on a different hard...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine: I have 4 hard drives in my system. Windows 10 is installed on the last drive. When I try to boot into Windows 10, it state it can't find windows\system\winloader.exe.I tried recovery disk and it states it can't repair.I booted into Windows 7 which is on a different hard...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

8. Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query: I'm currently facing an issue that has me stumped and in need of some guidance regarding a Windows OS cloning and booting problem.Here's the situation: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my Windows 11 operating system from my internal SSD onto an external HDD. My intention was...
  9. Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query

Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query: I'm currently facing an issue that has me stumped and in need of some guidance regarding a Windows OS cloning and booting problem.Here's the situation: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my Windows 11 operating system from my internal SSD onto an external HDD. My intention was...
  10. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...