Windows 10: cloning / imaging

Discus and support cloning / imaging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I clone/ image win 10 to a thumb drive? 77647 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robert, Feb 19, 2017.

1. robert Win User

cloning / imaging

Can I clone/ image win 10 to a thumb drive?

:)

robert, Feb 19, 2017
  2. JimWynne Win User

system backup

A bit of clarification: Cloning pertains to disks, not single partitions. A clone is an exact copy of an entire disk. I use cloning as part of a three-deep backup process that also includes file backups and system images. I have a front-panel accessible
    drive bay and use a duplicate of my system hard drive to do cloning (see below). Cloning is fast (I use Acronis) and provides a solution that allows for immediate use of the cloned drive in order to get back up and running in the event that the system drive
    goes to hell.

cloning / imaging [​IMG]

JimWynne, Feb 19, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Feb 19, 2017
  4. Bumpkin Win User

cloning / imaging

As long as the thumb drive has enough capacity for the image or clone.
    I suggest using Macrium Reflect as it uses compression when making images.

Bumpkin, Feb 19, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
Thema:

cloning / imaging

1. cloning / imaging - Similar Threads - cloning imaging

2. Imaging/Cloning hard drive from Desktop to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imaging/Cloning hard drive from Desktop to laptop: Hey there,Just curious about the best procedure when it comes to cloning/imaging a hard drive from a desktop to a laptop. I am aware that desktops can have OEM or retail license keys and laptops would come with an OEM license key. How would I go about cloning/imaging the...
  3. Imaging/Cloning hard drive from Desktop to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imaging/Cloning hard drive from Desktop to laptop: Hey there,Just curious about the best procedure when it comes to cloning/imaging a hard drive from a desktop to a laptop. I am aware that desktops can have OEM or retail license keys and laptops would come with an OEM license key. How would I go about cloning/imaging the...
  4. Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error: I’m upgrading my PC’s SSD. To clone the SSD that was within the PC I used Acronis True Image. Connected via a Sabrent Enclosure and USB-C to USB-C cable. The clone was successful on the software. I took the old SSD out of the PC and replaced with the new. Upon boot up, the PC...
  5. Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error

Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error: I’m upgrading my PC’s SSD. To clone the SSD that was within the PC I used Acronis True Image. Connected via a Sabrent Enclosure and USB-C to USB-C cable. The clone was successful on the software. I took the old SSD out of the PC and replaced with the new. Upon boot up, the PC...
  6. Cannot clone or image drives, or create restore points Volsnap and VSS errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot clone or image drives, or create restore points Volsnap and VSS errors: Hello all, after days of doing research and what seems like countless attempts to fix I'm at a complete loss. I wanted to update my hard drive from a SATA ssd to a M.2 so I have both drives installed booting to the SATA drive. I initially tried to use Macrium Reflect to Clone...
  7. Cannot clone or image drives, or create restore points Volsnap and VSS errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot clone or image drives, or create restore points Volsnap and VSS errors: Hello all, after days of doing research and what seems like countless attempts to fix I'm at a complete loss. I wanted to update my hard drive from a SATA ssd to a M.2 so I have both drives installed booting to the SATA drive. I initially tried to use Macrium Reflect to Clone...
  8. Cannot clone or image drives, or create restore points Volsnap and VSS errors

9. Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens

Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens: Imaging Win10...FROM:HP Pavilion 500-2014 PC, win10 on 1TB HDD, UEFI, Sata->AHCI -- BUT "Legacy Support - disable", "Secure Boot - disable" TO: Dell Inspiron 3891, UEFI only, Secure boot on, Sata->RAID. Had Win11 on 500gb SSD.Using Macrium Reflect Free. I installed it on the...
  10. Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens: Imaging Win10...FROM:HP Pavilion 500-2014 PC, win10 on 1TB HDD, UEFI, Sata->AHCI -- BUT "Legacy Support - disable", "Secure Boot - disable" TO: Dell Inspiron 3891, UEFI only, Secure boot on, Sata->RAID. Had Win11 on 500gb SSD.Using Macrium Reflect Free. I installed it on the...