Windows 10: Cloning of new PCs

Discus and support Cloning of new PCs in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We have recently taken delivery of 10 new Dell Windows 10 PCs. I spent over 2 hours setting up and configuring one and don't really want to spend that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dsb_rcc, Mar 29, 2021.

1. dsb_rcc Win User

Cloning of new PCs

We have recently taken delivery of 10 new Dell Windows 10 PCs. I spent over 2 hours setting up and configuring one and don't really want to spend that amount of time on each. I have looked at some articles about cloning PCs, but none have given me the confidence to do it. From what I have read I am looking to do the following:

1. Make a disk image of the PC I have configured PC1 using Clonezilla
    2. Start up PC2 and do the minimum to successful activation
    3. Make a disk image of PC2 "Just in case"
    4. Load PC1's image to PC2

It is my understanding that PC2 will activate using the digital licence stored in its BIOS. However, I want to be certain of this and that there are no issues with the licences being OEM.

:)

dsb_rcc, Mar 29, 2021
  2. davnav Win User

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Mar 29, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook | Tom's Hardware

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Mar 29, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

Cloning of new PCs

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Cloning of new PCs

1. Cloning of new PCs - Similar Threads - Cloning PCs

2. PRoblems cloning an NVMe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRoblems cloning an NVMe: I asked about this on Bleeping Computer two days ago, but didn't get a reply.I'm trying to clone a 250GB NVMe boot to a 2TB NVMe. I've done this successfully four times before, but I.m having problems this time, The other times I used a fresh new drive, this time I'm trying...
  3. PRoblems cloning an NVMe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PRoblems cloning an NVMe: I asked about this on Bleeping Computer two days ago, but didn't get a reply.I'm trying to clone a 250GB NVMe boot to a 2TB NVMe. I've done this successfully four times before, but I.m having problems this time, The other times I used a fresh new drive, this time I'm trying...
  4. Connecting Two PCs to Clone a M.2 where both PCs only have One M.2 Slot, each.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Two PCs to Clone a M.2 where both PCs only have One M.2 Slot, each.: This is my Scenario - I have Two Machines - Office PC has PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB, with WIN 10 Pro 64 bit, Programs & Data Only One M.2 Slot to be Cloned to the Second PC, which has a New Empty PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB, also has only one M.2 Slot GA-Z97X - UD5H MB. HOW would you...
  5. Connecting Two PCs to Clone a M.2 where both PCs only have One M.2 Slot, each.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Two PCs to Clone a M.2 where both PCs only have One M.2 Slot, each.: This is my Scenario - I have Two Machines - Office PC has PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB, with WIN 10 Pro 64 bit, Programs & Data Only One M.2 Slot to be Cloned to the Second PC, which has a New Empty PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB, also has only one M.2 Slot GA-Z97X - UD5H MB. HOW would you...
  6. Connecting Two PCs to Clone a M.2 where both PCs only have One M.2 Slot, each.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I clone my dual drive pc to a single hdd trying to clone my PCs 2 drives to a single...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I clone my dual drive pc to a single hdd trying to clone my PCs 2 drives to a single...: Help pls submitted by /u/antoniogwolf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5rn9y/how_do_i_clone_my_dual_drive_pc_to_a_single_hdd/
  8. Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs: I would like to know if I can install windows 10 on a device (let's say reference device) with a master key (Volume key) and then install the software, create the users, configure the local group policies and finally CLONE it without Sysprep (I believe Sysprep removes some...
  9. Cloning Windows 10 multiple PCs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cloning Windows 10 multiple PCs: I manage a school, have 40 desktop computers. We use Windows 8.1, which were cloned, Windows 8.1 has adapted very well to other computers (unlike hardware). I wanted to do the same with Windows 10. But it does not fit with any other hardware results in Blue Screen....
  10. Clone SSD of perfect config install to other SSDs for identical PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone SSD of perfect config install to other SSDs for identical PCs: Hi all! I have 5 NUC machines for a tutoring centre. All identical NUC7i5BNK models and hardware (8Gb RAM and 128Gb M.2SSD). I have 5 legit Windows 10 Pro OEM keys. Over time, we will increase the number of Nucs to around 20 and buy more Keys. There is no need for a server...