Windows 10: Cloning ONLY/ICONS windows 10 from HDD to SSD

Discus and support Cloning ONLY/ICONS windows 10 from HDD to SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How can I clone only my windows 10 and icons to my 120gb ssd from my 1tb HDD? I just want to be able to boot from the ssd but still keep all my games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GuiltyDifficulty, May 8, 2020.

1. Cloning ONLY/ICONS windows 10 from HDD to SSD

How can I clone only my windows 10 and icons to my 120gb ssd from my 1tb HDD?

I just want to be able to boot from the ssd but still keep all my games on my HDD and icons that point to my downloads on the HDD

submitted by /u/GuiltyDifficulty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GuiltyDifficulty, May 8, 2020

2. Clone HDD to a SSD

I'm planing to upgrade my new laptop HDD to SSD while using my HDD as a storage media on my laptop. My laptop came with windows 10 Home OEM. If I cloned the HDD will the windows be activated after I
    cloned or will it be deactivated?? And what happend to other activated softwares like MS Office and Antivirus Softwares???

Thank you for your support.

Kasun Anuradha, May 8, 2020
  3. BhaumikS Win User
    Cloning HDD having Windows 10 to SSD

Hello,

If I clone HDD having windows 10 to SSD then will it also copy the drivers and all?

I am thinking to use cloning software available on internet like EaseUS, Partionwizard, etc.

Can anyone confirms that If I clone then will I get everything as it is there in HDD with driver and when I boot SSD then do I need to reinstall the driver again?

Thanks in advance.

BhaumikS, May 8, 2020
  4. Garrisonq Win User

Cloning ONLY/ICONS windows 10 from HDD to SSD

Cloning HDD to SSD KEEPS FAILING

I have a Samsung SSD, so I am using the Samsung data migration application.

Garrisonq, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Cloning ONLY/ICONS windows 10 from HDD to SSD

1. Cloning ONLY/ICONS windows 10 from HDD to SSD - Similar Threads - Cloning ICONS HDD

2. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  3. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  4. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HDD to SSD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD to SSD clone.: Want to transfer my whole operating system along with the data from a HDD to a SSD but don't know how to do it. Help needed. SSD not yet bought so suggestion on what company to buy from are welcome. Currently using western digital wd10spzx-60z10t0 1TB. Let me know if more...
  6. Cloning an SSD from an HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning an SSD from an HDD: Im planning on swapping out my laptops HDD with an SSD, and I was wondering if the OS clones to the new drive? Also I have a few programs that have licenses using ilok so would those carry over too or would i have to authenticate my software again? Thanks in advance!...
  7. Cloning Windows from an HDD to an SSD

Cloning Windows from an HDD to an SSD: I'm trying to clone my Windows PC. I have a 220GB SSD installed with a 1 TB HDD. What I'm trying to do is clone Windows and leave my documents and Images etc: on the HDD. When setting up the cloning software I have deleted the "Users" folder from the cloning operation. I now...
  8. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using MiniTool Partition Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  9. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using Macrium Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  10. Clone HDD to SSD

Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058