Windows 10: Cloning Problems Acondris WD True Image

Discus and support Cloning Problems Acondris WD True Image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a failing WD drive , so I aquire a new drive and being as WD recommend it I used the True Image program to clone one disk to the other.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Durtydev, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Durtydev Win User

Cloning Problems Acondris WD True Image

I have a failing WD drive , so I aquire a new drive and being as WD recommend it I used the True Image program to clone one disk to the other. Following the directions to point. Upon shutting down swapping drives I get boot error missing configuration file. No biggie . I plop the original drive in and get the same. Needless to say after 3 hours of Bootrec / fixmbr and Diskpart exe I'm finally able to use system restore. Hopefully it works.

I got this far by the following chain

Diskpart.exe -

List Disks , selected disk 0 , ACTIVE

LiST VOLUME, Select Volume C which was system reserved , ATTRIBUTE LETTER=B ,

Select Volume E which should have been C ,

ATTRIBUTE LETTER=C

ACTIVE

Exit

Bootrec /fxmbr ,Bootrec / fixboot still acess denied , whatever , Bootrec / Scanos

Found C drive , added , reboot start-up repair , didn't work , choose system restore

:)

Durtydev, Mar 12, 2020

2. Acronis true image cloning problem

Good luck. Report back. If you want to do lots of cloning, or have a compressed backup of an install image, then True Image is the way to go.

But if all you want to do is upgrade one HDD, there is a better and quicker solution. Use Acronis Disk Director. (EXCELLENT). Copy the IDE partitions to the new SATA drive. Then use director again to change the partition size to fill the new disk. Dead easy.

Some years ago I tried TI and gave up. Too fussy. I use Director for everything. HDD upgrades, cloning, swapping, backups.

lemonadesoda, Mar 12, 2020
  3. echo75 Win User
    Acronis true image cloning problem

just discovered that i actually has Acronis true image 8 OEM version that came along with an external hard disk i bought 2 years ago.

i install the software, make a boot disk , connect SATA disk to my PC and attempt to clone my current IDE to SATA as it claims to be able to do so.

Problem is that when i boot from the Acronis boot CD, and the software wizzard starts, it says " Acronis true image can not find any Disks" . This is funny cos the software itself running when run in windows interface can recorgnise the 2 disks but when i boot outside windows it doesnt see anyting.

Now i have just ordered the full version of Acronis 11 for $34 and am downloading it now it better work or i will really be pissed.*Wtf :wtf:

echo75, Mar 12, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Cloning Problems Acondris WD True Image - Similar Threads - Cloning Problems Acondris

2. Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error: I’m upgrading my PC’s SSD. To clone the SSD that was within the PC I used Acronis True Image. Connected via a Sabrent Enclosure and USB-C to USB-C cable. The clone was successful on the software. I took the old SSD out of the PC and replaced with the new. Upon boot up, the PC...
  3. Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error: I’m upgrading my PC’s SSD. To clone the SSD that was within the PC I used Acronis True Image. Connected via a Sabrent Enclosure and USB-C to USB-C cable. The clone was successful on the software. I took the old SSD out of the PC and replaced with the new. Upon boot up, the PC...
  4. Problem with WD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with WD: I ran a virus test file today on my wife's laptop. The threat already removed but after the scan WD keep detecting the threat, even though thread already removed. [img] As you can see in the screenshot, scan result "no threat found", but it's still there in "Current...
  5. Acronis True Image or Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image or Windows Security: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  6. Disk Image/Clone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Image/Clone: Hello, I am looking for an easy to use disk image / Clone software. I deploy about 2-3 systems per week, all which have the same configuration. FileMaker, HyperTerminal, MS Office, printer drivers and a few other apps. Does anyone have any recommendations for a software...
  7. acronis true image 2013 HELP!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    acronis true image 2013 HELP!: Hello, I'm in need of some help? I currently have acronis true image 2013 installed on my pc and friends. We both have the F11 feature turned on, but my question is their any other way to boot acronis true image without using the F11 feature? Do you think i would be able...
  8. Acronis True Image 2017 - processes

Acronis True Image 2017 - processes: I have recently installed Acronis True Image 2017 into my Win 10 pro desktop PC. Got a good deal as an upgrade offer. I only make backups on this PC as and when I feel the need to, definitely not on a weekly basis. This is not a work PC and I do not want it running backups...
  9. Acronis True Image Alternatives

Acronis True Image Alternatives: I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that gives me bootable media (USB preferred) and will allow me to make an image of the computer and send it to a local external...
  10. cloning / imaging

in Windows 10 Support
    cloning / imaging: Can I clone/ image win 10 to a thumb drive? 77647

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wd cloning problem