Windows 10: Cloning Profile Partition

Discus and support Cloning Profile Partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Quite some time ago, with lots of help from folks here, I put my boot partition and user profiles/data on separate hard drives, C: and D:,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by foxtrot1014, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Cloning Profile Partition

Quite some time ago, with lots of help from folks here, I put my boot partition and user profiles/data on separate hard drives, C: and D:, respectively.

Recently, the drive for my user profiles, D:, started having a SMART error. This prevented a normal reboot sequence which has prevented me from being able to update Windows.

I decided to upgrade my storage. I replaced my 10,000rpm boot partition with an SSD. This went fine, the computer runs windows. Then I swapped my older WD Blue HDD profile partition, D:, with a current WD Blue HDD.

When I tried booting and logging on with the newly cloned profile drive, I was told "The User Profile Service service failed the sign in." and I'm returned to the login screen.

I believe I've had to fix this issue before at some point, but can't remember how and googling isn't working.

Please help! How do I fix this or how do I appropriately clone my user partition to anew hard drive when I have separate boot and profile drives?

It might be important that my original user profile partition was encrypted using bit locker.

:)

foxtrot1014, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Darkmind Win User

partition cloning help!

Well I just bought a SATA seagate 320gb 7200.10 hard drive. I had to get a power adapter, but anyway. It's in as Drive F (did disk management). Now all I want to do is clone the partition from my old hard drive to my new hard drive. Copy windows and everything else over on my new hard drive, take out my old drive and then use the new drive as the primary C drive. I have norton ghost, and partition magic. I heard ghost is much better. Could someone tell me step by step how to accomplish this? I think I know how, but I do NOT wanna take any chances here..

Darkmind, Oct 12, 2018
  3. g geek Win User
    clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

My HP Vista laptop took a swim and died. I pulled the 320MB HD, put it in an external enclosure and found it still good. Bought a new Dell Win 10 machine w/ 1TB HD. Plan was to:

• Partition off a piece of the new 1TB w/ native Win10 Disk Management.

• Clone the 320MB Vista drive into the new partition w/ Easeus Partition Manager.

• Run Paragon-adaptive-restore on the Vista partition.

• Set up as dual-boot Win10 / Vista.
    Ran into problems right away. Apparently can't clone the MBR HD to a GPT partition and have it remain bootable. Don't see a way to do this without wiping the new Dell 1TB clean – which I'm hesitant to do, especially since I'm about 6000 miles from
    home right now.

• What's the solution to cloning the MBR drive to a bootable GPT partition?

• Am I on the right track? I really want to preserve this Vista installation - I have 30+ years of data in legacy programs on it that would be very difficult to access in Win10.
    TIA

g geek, Oct 12, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cloning Profile Partition

Cloning HD

I don't know about Acronis, but I use the Free version of
    AOMEI Partition Assistant
    to clone Drives and have never had any trouble . . .

Click HERE for a step by step on cloning your hard drive with AOMEI

DaveM121, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Cloning Profile Partition

1. Cloning Profile Partition - Similar Threads - Cloning Profile Partition

2. Cloning windows partition with multiple disk partitions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning windows partition with multiple disk partitions.: I want to migrate my windows to a new ssd and I have watched multiple videos and read blogs but there is not a single piece of information on how to do it for hdd with multiple drives, I am trying to use macrium reflect for the process so what I am trying to do is to not...
  3. Cloning windows partition with multiple disk partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning windows partition with multiple disk partitions.: I want to migrate my windows to a new ssd and I have watched multiple videos and read blogs but there is not a single piece of information on how to do it for hdd with multiple drives, I am trying to use macrium reflect for the process so what I am trying to do is to not...
  4. Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive: Long ago I acquired a 2TB SSD to replace a 2 TB HDD but with the intent for the HDD to replace the optical drive for extra space for gaming and how these became 100s of gigs lately . So back then I tried to look up a solution for just cloning the system partitions as I had...
  5. Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive: Long ago I acquired a 2TB SSD to replace a 2 TB HDD but with the intent for the HDD to replace the optical drive for extra space for gaming and how these became 100s of gigs lately . So back then I tried to look up a solution for just cloning the system partitions as I had...
  6. Clone OS partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone OS partition: Hey, I’m having trouble moving my windows 10 install over to my new ssd. I have tried cloning the entire disk and or all partitions from old to new drive using easeus, minitool, and aomei, but nothing seems to work after if clone everything, I restarted pc and booted from new...
  7. Clone Admin profile to standard profile???

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Clone Admin profile to standard profile???: I have been using my admin profile daily. I want to make a standard user account for myself (for online safety issues). I now have two accounts - both are currently admin user accounts I logged into the newer admin one and EVERYTHING was so different. I want to clone my...
  8. Problem with Cloning Win10 partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Cloning Win10 partition?: I used Macrium Reflect Free or Minitoll to clone system disks every time I need it, and usually it was without problems. In this situation it failed. I need to upgrade to a bigger disk 120>250. Both programs reported an error and failed to finish. Source disk is OCZ ssd and...
  9. Clone Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone Windows Partition: I want to clone my windows partition to a 250GB SSD. C currently resides on a 3TB drive that has 4 other partitions on it. Using Macrium I can see the C partition fine along with the rest. I only want the C to be cloned and not the rest which obviously wont fit anyway. Do I...
  10. Hidden partitions after cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hidden partitions after cloning: This is a computer I built several years ago (E6300). I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro. I have cloned the HDD to an SSD. (I eventually figured out how using Macrium Reflect. There was another D: partition for which I used Aomei Partition Assistant to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cloning windows profile