Windows 10: Cloning SSD to NMVe - Macrium NO, Acronis TrueImage for Sabrent YES

Discus and support Cloning SSD to NMVe - Macrium NO, Acronis TrueImage for Sabrent YES in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I just installed a 1 TB Sabrent Rocket PCIE-4 NMVe drive into my system and used Macrium Reflect to clone my old SSD to the new Rocket. Did not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by x509, Oct 9, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

Cloning SSD to NMVe - Macrium NO, Acronis TrueImage for Sabrent YES

I just installed a 1 TB Sabrent Rocket PCIE-4 NMVe drive into my system and used Macrium Reflect to clone my old SSD to the new Rocket. Did not work. First I got a "missing or corrupted winload.efi" error message. On reboots, error xc000 000e error code.

I booted up to install media, eventually got to a command line and typed in:

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Bootrec did locate the Windows partiton on the NMVe drive, but then "could not find the specified partition." *Banghead

So I "broke down" and used the Sabrent recommended utility, Acronis True Image for Sabrent. I haven't used True Image in years now, and I had very bad luck with another Acronis program. But having no apparent choice, I downloaded and installed this program. *Zip

It runs slowly between steps on the menu bar, but it got the job done with no fuss. I'm now typing this after my system successfully booted up from the new NMVe drive. Windows booted faster. Outlook loaded up faster. *Nerd

:)

x509, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Cloning SSD to NMVe - Macrium NO, Acronis TrueImage for Sabrent YES

1. Cloning SSD to NMVe - Macrium NO, Acronis TrueImage for Sabrent YES - Similar Threads - Cloning SSD NMVe

2. Cloned ssd won't boot, and can't connect it to re-clone. Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned ssd won't boot, and can't connect it to re-clone. Macrium: I have a 1tb hdd that I am trying to clone to a 1 tb samsung evo ssd. I used macrium reflect (free) instead of the samsung software because samsung said it would erase my hdd and I didn't want to do that. I thought it went fine, but when I installed it is said "device isn't...
  3. cloning with Macrium

cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  4. cloning with Macrium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  5. Disabling Optane and Installing NMVe SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling Optane and Installing NMVe SSD: I've been trying to disable the IBM Optane RST in my system in preparation to installing a 1 TB NMVe SSD in the M.2 slot With no success. I'm new to Windows 10 and all the fancy-schmancy gizmos like Optane RST memory and the like so.... My biggest hurdle seems to be...
  6. Macrium Reflect vs Acronis

Macrium Reflect vs Acronis: I have been using Acronis for many years but lately have not been sure of its reliability. I recently tried Macrium but I noticed a difference. With Acronis when I have restored the Windows OS I have "sanitized" the SSD that had the corrupted OS on it. Then Acronis would...
  7. Clone To A Larger SSD With Macrium Reflect

Clone To A Larger SSD With Macrium Reflect: I guys. I am about to clone to a larger SSD, and I don't want to leave any unallocated space. There are 3 partitions there. System Reserved, Operating System and a Recovery Partition on the right which the Windows installer must have created as I built the computer myself....
  8. Which is faster? Macrium or Acronis?

Which is faster? Macrium or Acronis?: Hello, I use Macrium Reflect Home and like it very much but I am unfamiliar with Acronis. Which one is faster? Need an opinion. Cheers? 120949
  9. Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference

Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference: Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference I have used Acronis for years. In order to clone a laptop drive I have been told to take out the internal laptop drive and attach via USB. Then put drive I want to clone TO in the laptop. Then I would boot...
  10. Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????

Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????: I want to do a clone backup of my laptop that has an SSD for the OS and program files and an HDD for the data files I am unsure of how to do a clone backup involving the two drive configuration As seen in the capture below do I clone the two drives separately to their...