Windows 10: Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

Discus and support Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to clone my C SSD drive to my larger E SSD drive. My issue is when I open up Macrium to start the process my C drive SSD and D drive HDD both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JenDiGi, Aug 26, 2021.

1. JenDiGi Win User

Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

I want to clone my C SSD drive to my larger E SSD drive. My issue is when I open up Macrium to start the process my C drive SSD and D drive HDD both appear to be chosen for cloning. Both drives have system folders on them but my D drive is huge and I don't need to clone it. I just want my C drive cloned to my E drive - both SSDs. I have unchecked the box for the D drive but is that enough for it not to clone or do I need to clone both? Can I do this? What am I doing wrong? Any advice would be great - thank you!!

:)

JenDiGi, Aug 26, 2021
  2. skooterfd Win User

Cloning Drive C:/

I bought a new hard drive so I could clone my main hard drive. The new drive was formatted after putting into an external hard drive bay connected using USB cable. I right clicked on my C:/ drive & chose copy. I then right clicked on my new hard drive F:/
    and chose paste. It then started to copy C:/ to F:/, but it eventually failed saying I wasn't authorized to access certain files even though I'm the Administrator of my computer. It also said I had a bad sector on C:/ drive. I then reformatted C:/ & tried
    to make a clone drive onto F:/. All that did was copy over ...

$RECYCLEBIN, Boot, Recovery, System Volume 1, bootmgr, BOOTNXT, BOOTSECT.BAK

It appears to me that all it did was make a boot disk in case C:/ drive failed to boot I could have the computer boot using drive F:/ which is not what I wanted. I already have drive E:/ for that in the same bay housing as F:/.

What I want is an exact clone of C:/ drive, every program & file on it!

Anyone got any suggestions?

skooterfd, Aug 26, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

Hi Bill, you can use a program like the free Macrium reflect to clone your C drive onto your D drive, then swap the drives around on the SATA ports on your Motherboard.

Pull the old C drive out and the other drive should then boot up . . .

DaveM121, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

Drive clone glitch

Ok so I've had this problem twice already in two consecutive days. My drive gets an empty clone.

To explain it properly....

My laptop HDD is made into 2 drives. Windows is of course installed in C, and D for other stuff. Past 2 days, in the evening i noticed this bug/glitch. When I open My Computer, it shows my drives C & D, and a drive X, which is a clone of drive C. I got to
    now it was clone of C drive because the total size of the drive, total used and left are all same. In disk management this cloned drive is not there. But when i open this drive, its empty. But if i copy a file, example a 100mb file, to the cloned drive, space
    is shown to be reduced from both the drives, that is: both reduced by 100mb. But the file that i copy to the cloned drive does not come in my original C drive. And any files i put in C drive does not come into the cloned empty drive.

But if I restart or shutdown and switch on the laptop, that drive goes.

My disk is fully defragmented, and i have had no problems with it till now until this happened.

My config if needed:

Core i5 3210m

4GB DDR3

500GB HDD

AMD HD 7500M/7600M Series Graphics 1GB DDR3

Win 10 1511 Build 10586

I am going to scan the laptop a few times with multiple apps to check for any viruses or stuff, but I would also like to know if anyone knows what caused this problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive :D

Sachin Thomas, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

1. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive - Similar Threads - Cloning drive drive

2. No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D: My hard drive died last year and replaced it with a 2TB SSD. My IT guy did the install, but he's always been very good, so not sure what happened to cause the D drive to disappear. I want to install a fresh, web downloaded copy of W10, but the system says there's not enough...
  3. No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D: My hard drive died last year and replaced it with a 2TB SSD. My IT guy did the install, but he's always been very good, so not sure what happened to cause the D drive to disappear. I want to install a fresh, web downloaded copy of W10, but the system says there's not enough...
  4. No D drive and can't expand C drive. E cannot be renamed to D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C drive and D drive

C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  6. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  7. Cloning C Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning C Drive: I have a desktop computer running Win 10 and I want to copy/clone the C drive to an SSD for faster access. I intend using EaseUS Disk Copy, but I have what I consider to be a problem. My C and D (for Data) drives are partitions on one 500GB HDD, which is Drive 0. I also have...
  8. Moving app from C: drive to D: drive

Moving app from C: drive to D: drive: How do I move an app to a different internal drive? I'm aware of the move tool in the apps and features settings but it is greyed out and unavailable with no explanation as to why. I'd rather move the application without uninstalling and reinstalling it as it is a large file...
  9. Cloning Drive C:/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning Drive C:/: I bought a new hard drive so I could clone my main hard drive. The new drive was formatted after putting into an external hard drive bay connected using USB cable. I right clicked on my C:/ drive & chose copy. I then right clicked on my new hard drive F:/ and chose paste. It...
  10. D and E drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D and E drives: Hi all, can anyone enlighten me as to why my D or E drives don't work, I want to copy some tracks onto my OC then burn them to another disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-and-e-drives/6cf8b911-ce0d-4e4e-a023-019f7c54a140