Windows 10: Cloning to another PC - have new legit key

Discus and support Cloning to another PC - have new legit key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with pre installed OEM W10 Home. It has taken a while to set it up but it is now exactly how I want it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MWombat, Sep 24, 2019.

1. MWombat Win User

Cloning to another PC - have new legit key

Hello all.
    I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with pre installed OEM W10 Home.
    It has taken a while to set it up but it is now exactly how I want it.

I also have a Lenovo G50 laptop that runs a non-activated W7 very well [dont have key].

I now want to replace the W7 in the Lenovo G50 with W10 - I have an 'unused' legit Home key.
    Rather than doing a clean install and spending ages duplicating my current Dell W10 set up [which I want to keep], will I be able to ''clone" W10 from the Dell to a new SSD and then simply swap it into the Lenovo and activate with my unused key ?

Thanks.

:)

MWombat, Sep 24, 2019
  2. MWombat Win User

Hello all.
    I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with pre installed OEM W10 Home.
    It has taken a while to set it up but it is now exactly how I want it.

I also have a Lenovo G50 laptop that runs a non-activated W7 very well [dont have key].

I now want to replace the W7 in the Lenovo G50 with W10 - I have an 'unused' legit Home key.
    Rather than doing a clean install and spending ages duplicating my current Dell W10 set up [which I want to keep], will I be able to ''clone" W10 from the Dell to a new SSD and then simply swap it into the Lenovo and activate with my unused key ?

Thanks.

MWombat, Sep 24, 2019
  3. davnav Win User
    new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Windows 7 $25 keys legit?

They may be legit keys, but probably not for the people who are hunting for bargains.
    Many sites have charity or educational keys for sale cheap (as they are from MS), but it would not be a legit key for regular user who is neither a student or a employee of a charitable organization.

Kreij, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Cloning to another PC - have new legit key - Similar Threads - Cloning another legit

2. New key when cloning a disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New key when cloning a disk: I just bought a new laptop and was wondering if I clone my disk from my desktop to my laptop can I just purchase a new license key? Or will it make erase everything?...
  3. New key when cloning a disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New key when cloning a disk: I just bought a new laptop and was wondering if I clone my disk from my desktop to my laptop can I just purchase a new license key? Or will it make erase everything?...
  4. New key when cloning a disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is windows keys legit?

is windows keys legit?: I saw that many people selling windows 10 pro keys online on many websites such as ebay, etsy, aliexpress for cheaper price are legit or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-keys-legit/09c09394-da0f-41d3-a4fc-7902078c3469
  6. is windows keys legit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is windows keys legit?: I saw that many people selling windows 10 pro keys online on many websites such as ebay, etsy, aliexpress for cheaper price are legit or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-keys-legit/09c09394-da0f-41d3-a4fc-7902078c3469
  7. is windows keys legit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is my key legit?

Is my key legit?: Anyone can help to check if this key is legit? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-key-legit/1467f80e-0f45-4ca0-ad38-e34ef8e9e3fb
  9. Windows Key Legit or not?

Windows Key Legit or not?: Hi guys i am linking a Screenshot to this question please do check it and tell me if the windows key is legit or not?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-legit-or-not/594cdf91-c428-4104-8ab5-8539c405122d
  10. Cloning with a new key and 8.1 key activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning with a new key and 8.1 key activation: I have a Windows 10 machine that has the same configuration that I want for another machine that I have purchased without an OS. What I am considering, to make life easier is to clone the drive of the configured machine to the new one and then, with a new Windows key hat I...