Windows 10: Cloning to Flash drive?

Discus and support Cloning to Flash drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK, so a client has a dying hard drive running Windows 10, that is barely holding it together. I was hoping we could make an effort to clone their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AbrahamBrody, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Cloning to Flash drive?

OK, so a client has a dying hard drive running Windows 10, that is barely holding it together. I was hoping we could make an effort to clone their information onto a 64 GB Flash drive, seeing their entire C drive is limited to about 40 GB. What's the best free utility to do this?

I already found I can extract the license key from other PCs with Lazesoft's Disk Rescue utilities. Will I just need the license key of any new machine's key when I run a clone from the flash drive to the other PC to register the license for the new machine after I am done cloning?

:)

AbrahamBrody, Jan 14, 2020

2. Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Keitaro

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Heed the advice of the software, you must disable BitLocker before cloning. This is highly recommend if you ever want to get access to the drive.

There is nothing wrong with having to re-enable it after restoring the clone.

Step 1: disable BitLocker.

Step 2: clone drive

Step 3: restore the cloned image to the new drive.

Step 4: Re-Enable BitLocker.

Andre for Directly, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Sanhime Win User
    Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Jan 14, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Cloning to Flash drive?

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Cloning to Flash drive?

1. Cloning to Flash drive? - Similar Threads - Cloning Flash drive

2. Cloning Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning Hard Drive: I use an ssd for booting windows and I had a bad 1TB hard drive which I'm now cloning to a better 2TB hard drive using Macrium Reflect. The cloning is almost done (90%) but I have a few questions. How does it work with the download/picture/documents folder in File...
  3. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  4. Cloned Drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned Drive bootable?: I have an SSD in my laptop. I cloned it to a SSD in an external case. When I put the cloned drive in the laptop it isn't recognized. How do I make it bootable? 161368
  5. Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot: I'm attempting to make a clone of a bootable flash drive containing the Prime Expert Emergency Book kit using EraseUs Partition Master. The clone seems to seems the same contents as the original, but the drive is not bootable. Cockpit error?Possible, but earlier I used Aomei...
  6. how to clone hdd to usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to clone hdd to usb flash drive: Hi All, Hope this is the right tread.. A few years back I got some great help here on installing new drive, I have a Lenovo All in one PC and time to upgrade to a bigger drive, has any one done this on an All in one pc, if so how? Last time I did this if I recall I bought...
  7. how to clone hdd to usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to clone hdd to usb flash drive: Hi All, Hope this is the right tread.. A few years back I got some great help here on installing new drive, I have a Lenovo All in one PC and time to upgrade to a bigger drive, has any one done this on an All in one pc, if so how? Last time I did this if I recall I bought...
  8. Hard drive clone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard drive clone: Hey: Can I create a cloned drive by cloning to a hd on my PC from my laptop drive & then from the PC to SSD? I only have 1 cable & my laptop will not boot. Both machines have win10 upgrades - 1 from win7 pro -PC & 1 from win 8 home - laptop....
  9. clone drive

clone drive: im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clone-drive/4bc8db0d-5b76-48a0-99e0-a0d5997e4853
  10. clone drive

clone drive: im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/clone-drive/4bc8db0d-5b76-48a0-99e0-a0d5997e4853