Windows 10: Cloning WIN 10 Pro

Discus and support Cloning WIN 10 Pro in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have to install WIN 10 Pro on 20 new and identical systems. I created a master drive with WIN 10 Pro installed. How do I clone this master drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Bcomp, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Bcomp Win User

Cloning WIN 10 Pro

I have to install WIN 10 Pro on 20 new and identical systems. I created a master drive with WIN 10 Pro installed. How do I clone this master drive to the rest of the 20 identical systems? Or what software would you recommend for cloning? On WIN 7 Pro, I used Acronis or Macrium Reflect and they work great. But WIN10, it would not clone it and if I was able to clone it, it would not boot up on the other system. It would take too much time installing it one system at a time for all 20 systems. I bought licenses for all 20 systems.

:)

Bcomp, Aug 21, 2017

2. When upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, update fails and I get 80070002-20009 error

This failed installation was on a cloned ssd with win 8.1 Pro. I used the Samsung Migration software to copy my 8.1 installation on another ssd in my computer. I have 4 ssd physical drives. Only my latest one a Samsung 850 EVO has had this failure issue
    with win 10. The other drives had successful installations of win 10 Pro. But I believe at least one other drive was cloned also. So I really can't be sure the cloning is the issue.

Ira Wechsler, Aug 21, 2017
  3. JoeNamco Win User
    This makes no sense about activation

I did get it activated by doing a clean install my point is the wording which needs to be changed as it shows that Win 10 Pro is installed and telling me it found the license for Win 10 Pro and than saying I need to install it???? I know MS can do better
    than that, for some details as this is a system that was original a Win 7 Pro and was upgraded during the "free" upgrade time over a year ago all I did was clone the Hard Drive, and this is what it comes up with, reinstalled original HD and it boots and is
    activated with the newest build, put the cloned HD in boots and not activated, do a "clean" install on the cloned HD and it boots and is auto activated.

JoeNamco, Aug 21, 2017
  4. Bcomp Win User

Cloning WIN 10 Pro

I have to install WIN 10 Pro on 20 new and identical systems. I created a master drive with WIN 10 Pro installed. How do I clone this master drive to the rest of the 20 identical systems? Or what software would you recommend for cloning? On WIN 7 Pro, I used Acronis or Macrium Reflect and they work great. But WIN10, it would not clone it and if I was able to clone it, it would not boot up on the other system. It would take too much time installing it one system at a time for all 20 systems. I bought licenses for all 20 systems.

Bcomp, Aug 21, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    You need to sysprep image before cloning. Just because pcs look identical, there is no guarantee they are internally identical. Sysprep removes hardware drivers so Windows 10 then installs correct ones.

Also,cloning is not right way. Make image backup and restore image to each pc.

BTW Macrium is only for personal use - if your 20 pcs are for business, you have to buy a licence. I believe AOEMI can be used for commercial use free but not certain.

Macrium does have a deply option in paid versions that will do it without needing to sysprep.

Another way to do it is to create a vhd in Hyper-v, and then natively boot that as this is very effective - Windows 10 seems to be clever enough to sort drivers.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cloning WIN 10 Pro

1. Cloning WIN 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Cloning Pro

2. I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for...: I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for a new license on my old or new computer which is easier and how do I do it?...
  3. I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for...: I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for a new license on my old or new computer which is easier and how do I do it?...
  4. I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Going from an old computer SDD WIn 10 pro to new Win 11 pro SSD - Cloning?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going from an old computer SDD WIn 10 pro to new Win 11 pro SSD - Cloning?: Hello,I am going to build or have a new desktop computer built that will have a 2TB SSD and will purchase a Windows 11 Pro operating system. I currently have a Windows 10 Pro with a 2TB HDD. I would like to be able to have all of the programs and data from the old computer...
  6. Going from an old computer SDD WIn 10 pro to new Win 11 pro SSD - Cloning?

Going from an old computer SDD WIn 10 pro to new Win 11 pro SSD - Cloning?: Hello,I am going to build or have a new desktop computer built that will have a 2TB SSD and will purchase a Windows 11 Pro operating system. I currently have a Windows 10 Pro with a 2TB HDD. I would like to be able to have all of the programs and data from the old computer...
  7. Going from an old computer SDD WIn 10 pro to new Win 11 pro SSD - Cloning?

8. I cloned old PC HDD, brand new now with old OS, how can update to windows 10 Pro OEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cloned old PC HDD, brand new now with old OS, how can update to windows 10 Pro OEM?: I cloned old PC HDD with windows 10 home to brand new PC that had Windows 10 Pro OEM, how do I update to Win 10 Pro OEM now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cloned-old-pc-hdd-brand-new-now-with-old-os-how/a04adf24-7316-433f-b58e-549dc81f05f7
  9. I cloned old PC HDD, brand new now with old OS, how can update to windows 10 Pro OEM?

I cloned old PC HDD, brand new now with old OS, how can update to windows 10 Pro OEM?: I cloned old PC HDD with windows 10 home to brand new PC that had Windows 10 Pro OEM, how do I update to Win 10 Pro OEM now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cloned-old-pc-hdd-brand-new-now-with-old-os-how/a04adf24-7316-433f-b58e-549dc81f05f7
  10. I cloned old PC HDD, brand new now with old OS, how can update to windows 10 Pro OEM?