Windows 10: Cloning WIN 10 Pro

Discus and support Cloning WIN 10 Pro in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have to install WIN 10 Pro on 20 new and identical systems. I created a master drive with WIN 10 Pro installed. How do I clone this master drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Bcomp, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Bcomp Win User

Cloning WIN 10 Pro

I have to install WIN 10 Pro on 20 new and identical systems. I created a master drive with WIN 10 Pro installed. How do I clone this master drive to the rest of the 20 identical systems? Or what software would you recommend for cloning? On WIN 7 Pro, I used Acronis or Macrium Reflect and they work great. But WIN10, it would not clone it and if I was able to clone it, it would not boot up on the other system. It would take too much time installing it one system at a time for all 20 systems. I bought licenses for all 20 systems.

:)

Bcomp, Aug 21, 2017

2. When upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, update fails and I get 80070002-20009 error

This failed installation was on a cloned ssd with win 8.1 Pro. I used the Samsung Migration software to copy my 8.1 installation on another ssd in my computer. I have 4 ssd physical drives. Only my latest one a Samsung 850 EVO has had this failure issue
    with win 10. The other drives had successful installations of win 10 Pro. But I believe at least one other drive was cloned also. So I really can't be sure the cloning is the issue.

Ira Wechsler, Aug 21, 2017
  3. JoeNamco Win User
    This makes no sense about activation

I did get it activated by doing a clean install my point is the wording which needs to be changed as it shows that Win 10 Pro is installed and telling me it found the license for Win 10 Pro and than saying I need to install it???? I know MS can do better
    than that, for some details as this is a system that was original a Win 7 Pro and was upgraded during the "free" upgrade time over a year ago all I did was clone the Hard Drive, and this is what it comes up with, reinstalled original HD and it boots and is
    activated with the newest build, put the cloned HD in boots and not activated, do a "clean" install on the cloned HD and it boots and is auto activated.

JoeNamco, Aug 21, 2017
  4. Bcomp Win User

Cloning WIN 10 Pro

I have to install WIN 10 Pro on 20 new and identical systems. I created a master drive with WIN 10 Pro installed. How do I clone this master drive to the rest of the 20 identical systems? Or what software would you recommend for cloning? On WIN 7 Pro, I used Acronis or Macrium Reflect and they work great. But WIN10, it would not clone it and if I was able to clone it, it would not boot up on the other system. It would take too much time installing it one system at a time for all 20 systems. I bought licenses for all 20 systems.

Bcomp, Aug 21, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    You need to sysprep image before cloning. Just because pcs look identical, there is no guarantee they are internally identical. Sysprep removes hardware drivers so Windows 10 then installs correct ones.

Also,cloning is not right way. Make image backup and restore image to each pc.

BTW Macrium is only for personal use - if your 20 pcs are for business, you have to buy a licence. I believe AOEMI can be used for commercial use free but not certain.

Macrium does have a deply option in paid versions that will do it without needing to sysprep.

Another way to do it is to create a vhd in Hyper-v, and then natively boot that as this is very effective - Windows 10 seems to be clever enough to sort drivers.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cloning WIN 10 Pro

1. Cloning WIN 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Cloning Pro

2. MOBO Upgrade, Cloned SSD, Windows 10 Pro will not activate again.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MOBO Upgrade, Cloned SSD, Windows 10 Pro will not activate again.: To whom may actually read it! I upgraded my machine yesterday 01/11/2020 and I replaced the motherboard and CPU and cloned my old SSD over using Samsung cloning software. My question is this: what do I need to do to fix an activation error I am now getting that is...
  3. Clone Win10 pro SSD Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone Win10 pro SSD Questions: Hello everyone! I'm new here and so far, have done five successful upgrades from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro. All activated fine. These were fresh installs to new SSDs using the old Win7 Pro keys entered during installation or embedded bios . My question is for two identical...
  4. I recently cloned my HDD to an adata xpg sx8200 pro m.2 nvme ssd 1tb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I recently cloned my HDD to an adata xpg sx8200 pro m.2 nvme ssd 1tb: Everything is fine, except that I have a C:\ folder in restore points (Missing) and C:\ actual drive disabled. Is there a way maybe in the regedit or something to recover those restore points I used to have? [ATTACH]...
  5. FYI-Cloning Hard Drive (Windows 10 Pro x64)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    FYI-Cloning Hard Drive (Windows 10 Pro x64): Hi, All... When using free software I always keep this "Quote" in mind. “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time” With that out of the way... I'm in the...
  6. Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System?

in Windows 10 Support
    Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System?: mods, please delete, found answer(s). 127939
  7. OEM Windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on an Unbranded or Cloned PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM Windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on an Unbranded or Cloned PC: Can a local computer shop or vendor sell a custom built, unbranded, or cloned pc and use an OEM windows 10. Would that violate any microsoft terms and conditions?...
  8. Clone File Checker Pro (full) does NOT work with Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clone File Checker Pro (full) does NOT work with Win 10: Clone File Checker Pro (full) does NOT work with Win 10 Before last update it worked, NOW it does NOT, me and Socrim tried everything, including unlocking everything' 1607 OS BUILD 14965 72102
  9. cannot use recovery partition on new cloned samsung 850 pro ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot use recovery partition on new cloned samsung 850 pro ssd: so i recently upgraded my hard drive to a new samsung 850 pro ssd 512 gb . i used the samsung migration software and it all went smooth , i checked the newly installed ssd in disk management and it shows that it copied all three partitions which are, 500mb healthy ( recovery...
  10. Upgraded to 10 pro from 8.1 pro, then cloned and it all works

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded to 10 pro from 8.1 pro, then cloned and it all works: I took my 8.1 pro install and did a media tools upgrade from MS and said upgrade this PC, for an optiplex 755 6gb ram, core2duo 2.2ghz etc... Then I wanted to clone win10 for a backup, but the machine only has one sata ability being a mini pc. So I took an emachines T3616...