Windows 10: Cloning Windows 10, Asking for a Password

Discus and support Cloning Windows 10, Asking for a Password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am cloning my old ssd to a much bigger new one. We are installing Windows and its asking for my account password. When I punched in my password, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Darth Reef, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Cloning Windows 10, Asking for a Password

I am cloning my old ssd to a much bigger new one. We are installing Windows and its asking for my account password. When I punched in my password, it said it was wrong. So I went to account.live.com and changed my password right there on the spot. Punched in my new password and it says its wrong. Am I missing something here? Is there another password associated with my account that it wants? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Darth Reef, Dec 1, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook | Tom's Hardware

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Cloning Windows 10, Asking for a Password

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Cloning Windows 10, Asking for a Password

1. Cloning Windows 10, Asking for a Password - Similar Threads - Cloning Asking Password

2. Windows is asking for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is asking for password: Ive recently used this command to create some logon time restrictions:net user/time.........And now windows is asking for a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-asking-for-password/46d748c9-d268-43c5-b2b9-9160a4f9e594
  3. Windows is asking for password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is asking for password: Ive recently used this command to create some logon time restrictions:net user/time.........And now windows is asking for a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-asking-for-password/46d748c9-d268-43c5-b2b9-9160a4f9e594
  4. windows 10 suddenly asking for password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 suddenly asking for password: title submitted by /u/jiviteshkadost [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f7mz/windows_10_suddenly_asking_for_password/
  5. windows asking for password

windows asking for password: Windows updated on my dads computer. Not sure what version. He does not use a password it keeps asking for a password. How do I get around this. I only know enough to get myself in trouble Thanks...
  6. Windows 10 asking Or administrative password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 asking Or administrative password: After resetting my Dell laptop to factory settings I can’t do anything. I cannot get into my computer it keeps asking for a administrator password. What can I do?...
  7. Windows 10 not asking for password

Windows 10 not asking for password: Hi, I have win 10 and did a "fresh startup." After some time the computer restarted and shows my usual background, date, etc., but it does not ask for my password to login into Windows. So I can't use Windows at all. Any clue? thanks, Gabe....
  8. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.: I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently, it started asking for the password. Rebooting the computer directly from that screen boots the computer without asking for the...
  9. windows 10 now asking for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 now asking for password: windows 10 as of today is now asking for a password on my seagate personal cloud. this is not password protected and its NOT a seagate issue. yesterday i could click the personal cloud icon and poof everything was available, now it asks for a password. how do i get it to stop...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password: Hello! I've just started configuring a new pc. After relocating the Users folder from the SSD to the HDD drive successfully (following the tutorial in this forum), i wanted to change the name of the user folder. I activated my starting account, deleted the dummy one for...