Windows 10: Cloning Windows 10 os help

Discus and support Cloning Windows 10 os help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, my younger sister bought herself a pc. She is asking me to assemble it and now its done. But as you know she still doesnt have an os and i had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Anne-knee-guh, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Cloning Windows 10 os help

Hello, my younger sister bought herself a pc. She is asking me to assemble it and now its done.
    But as you know she still doesnt have an os and i had an idea to clone my OS to her ssd. But my question is if i clone my os to her ssd, what would happen to my os? i could download a win10 installer and boot up her pc but i just want to know if cloning works for us both. Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/Anne-knee-guh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Anne-knee-guh, Aug 28, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook | Tom's Hardware

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Cloning Windows 10 os help

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Cloning Windows 10 os help

1. Cloning Windows 10 os help - Similar Threads - Cloning help

2. [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub: Hi Microsoft Team,I am currently experiencing issues with a cloned SSD on Windows and am seeking assistance from the community.Due to unsupported md format in here, I have detailed the specific problems and the steps I've taken so far in a Markdown document on my GitHub...
  3. [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub: Hi Microsoft Team,I am currently experiencing issues with a cloned SSD on Windows and am seeking assistance from the community.Due to unsupported md format in here, I have detailed the specific problems and the steps I've taken so far in a Markdown document on my GitHub...
  4. [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Help cloning hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help cloning hdd to ssd: Hi!I have an old desktop from around 2015, and I’m trying to clone the hdd to an ssd, but I can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve tried the free versions of both Macrium reflect and Casper, but neither have worked. With macrium reflect, I get error code 8 once the transfer is...
  6. Help cloning hdd to ssd

Help cloning hdd to ssd: Hi!I have an old desktop from around 2015, and I’m trying to clone the hdd to an ssd, but I can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve tried the free versions of both Macrium reflect and Casper, but neither have worked. With macrium reflect, I get error code 8 once the transfer is...
  7. Help cloning hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query: I'm currently facing an issue that has me stumped and in need of some guidance regarding a Windows OS cloning and booting problem.Here's the situation: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my Windows 11 operating system from my internal SSD onto an external HDD. My intention was...
  9. Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query

Need Help Booting from Cloned Windows 11 HDD and File Transfer Query: I'm currently facing an issue that has me stumped and in need of some guidance regarding a Windows OS cloning and booting problem.Here's the situation: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my Windows 11 operating system from my internal SSD onto an external HDD. My intention was...
  10. i bought a new SSD but i cant seem to clone it? please help me.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i bought a new SSD but i cant seem to clone it? please help me.: ive installer the new bigger ssd. 4x the size, its there, its running, lights up and all. ive now downloaded macrim reflect, and started tryin to clone, but it always fails and i get, ERROR 9 I/O device error. it always stops at exactly 20% please help me? i just wanna bring...