Windows 10: Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs

Discus and support Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to know if I can install windows 10 on a device (let's say reference device) with a master key (Volume key) and then install the software,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SinaEscobar, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs

I would like to know if I can install windows 10 on a device (let's say reference device) with a master key (Volume key) and then install the software, create the users, configure the local group policies and finally CLONE it without Sysprep (I believe Sysprep removes some local user group policies and registry settings related to users profiles) and deploy it on multiple non-joined-domain devices with similar hardware specs?

• The main reason that I don't want to do sysprep is that the devices (Standalone disconnected Kiosks) have 3 or 4 local user accounts with different user account groups and security settings and probably different shells.

:)

SinaEscobar, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

@rseiler,

I just finished clean installing Windows 10 Enterprise build 17093 in a VM using a local account, and it still has the same steps in the tutorial for me.

Is your PC already joined to a domain?

Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs [​IMG]

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
  3. rseiler Win User
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

I just checked an RS3 PC already domain-joined (the RS3 I was checking earlier was not yet joined to anything), and there are no blue links for it either, strongly suggesting that MS lets you only do one or the other.

What I should try is doing an Azure AD join (any method) and then doing a domain join via the old UI. That may be a loophole.

rseiler, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs

Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs

1. Cloning without Sysprep and deploy it on multiple no-joined-domain PCs - Similar Threads - Cloning without Sysprep

2. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  3. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 Version 1709 - Deployment domain Join Failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Version 1709 - Deployment domain Join Failure: Hi , Issue: Windows 10 1709 devices ( laptops ) are not joining in domain Same task sequence works fine in other location under same domain Domain controllers are with Server 2012 and SMB 3.0, 2.0 by default available Cross checked account deligation and all fine...
  5. Domain Joining error

Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...
  6. WIN10 activation of deployed image (Multiple PCs)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIN10 activation of deployed image (Multiple PCs): Hello tenforums! After spending some 60 hours I taught myself how to image a hard disk, and spread it over the network using a switch and a master computer. My setup: 1 master PC with win10 image 1 switch 1 router with TFTP/DHCP 23 receiving PCs Clonezilla DRBL software...
  7. Cloning Windows 10 multiple PCs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cloning Windows 10 multiple PCs: I manage a school, have 40 desktop computers. We use Windows 8.1, which were cloned, Windows 8.1 has adapted very well to other computers (unlike hardware). I wanted to do the same with Windows 10. But it does not fit with any other hardware results in Blue Screen....
  8. Authentication to domain without joining

Authentication to domain without joining: as my subjects states I am looking to see if it is possible to Authenticate to a domain without joining. I am looking to be able to use my surface pro 4 device at some of our clients without having to join my device to any domain. even at my shop. where I could use one of...
  9. Sysprep and cloned OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep and cloned OS: Hi. I am setting up some computers that has to be locked down tight with local GPO. They are in a non-domain network and is only on the Internet. Can I just clone the drives from one to the others without problems like dual SIDs? Do I need to run sysprep? *Tongue 42988
  10. Sysprep for clone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep for clone: Reading this thread.. Solved How can I clone Windows 10 to another PC's. - Windows 10 Forums Discovered the way to clone a computer is to run Sysprep then make the image for the other PC. I have one other computer I would like to have an identical setup on. However...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysprep a cloned windows 10

2. do i need to sysprep when clone domain pc

3. sysprep domain clone pcs