Windows 10: Close a program when another starts

Discus and support Close a program when another starts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically, I downloaded Microsoft's PowerToys off GitHub which I guess is kinda still in development, so I could use the adaptation of MacOS's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_saad_salman, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Close a program when another starts

So basically, I downloaded Microsoft's PowerToys off GitHub which I guess is kinda still in development, so I could use the adaptation of MacOS's Spotlight they made. Unfortunately, since the program has some bugs, it interferes with some of my other stuff, mainly I get serious keyboard input lag in the shooter game Valorant whenever PowerToys is on, so I end up having to go into task manager and quit out of it every time I want to play. Is there any way to make this process happen automatically? So that every time Valorant starts running, PowerToys is automatically closed?

submitted by /u/the_saad_salman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the_saad_salman, Jun 28, 2020

2. Programs closing when clicking on Minimize

When I click minimize no error appears it just closes like when I press the X button.

I did research and nothing came up about it so no I have not done any troubleshooting steps.

Matthew20cats, Jun 28, 2020
  3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Close a program when another starts

Programs not closing?

Im not sure where this question should go exactly. But my problem is that when i close programs, they close fine as far as i can see, but they are not actually closing. My computer will start to lag. I will do control alt delete and all the programs will still be running. Why is this happening?

Pitchblack1110, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Close a program when another starts

1. Close a program when another starts - Similar Threads - Close program another

2. How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started: Is there a way to have the task scheduler start a program after it has started a previous program?for instance, I'm running a dedicated DCS server on my computer and have setup the task scheduler to restart the computer everyday at 2 AM. I then have another task stating that...
  3. How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started: Is there a way to have the task scheduler start a program after it has started a previous program?for instance, I'm running a dedicated DCS server on my computer and have setup the task scheduler to restart the computer everyday at 2 AM. I then have another task stating that...
  4. How to have Task Scheduler start a program after another program is started

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Apps open when closing another window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps open when closing another window: I have been dealing with a recent issue on multiple devices after upgrading to windows 11. I am very confused if this is the apps themselves or windows 11 just being buggy. But when I keep multiple windows open. Eventually after closing 1 of them, another app on my computer...
  6. tabs close when switching to another window

in Windows 10 Customization
    tabs close when switching to another window: I have several tabs open at once but not a lot. When I switch to a different tab, the window that i left and want to go back to has closed.this just started.What is the problem? I don't know if this is a chrome problem or a windows problem. There wasn't a good category for...
  7. How to run a program automatically when another program starts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to run a program automatically when another program starts?: Hi I have a .exe which I want to be run automatically when I manually run another program I play League of Legends and I want to prevent myself from typing (helps me improve my mood), so I have an Autohotkey script which basically disables my Enter key when I'm in-game. I...
  8. Windows closed program after it started.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows closed program after it started.: So I don't know what to do. Hadn't that problem with windows 7. I start a specific program. It launches then it closes. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking it's defenders fault. Is there a option to disable defender completely. Also is there a way to know what's the reason...
  9. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  10. Enable File Auditing? Trying To Open a Program When Another is Closed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Enable File Auditing? Trying To Open a Program When Another is Closed.: Okay, not sure if this is the correct subforum (i figured it was either this one or Software & Apps), but here's what I'm trying to do. I have a game launcher set, from within it's own settings, to automatically close when launching a game. What I'd like to do is...