Windows 10: Close all open windows with one click.

Discus and support Close all open windows with one click. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way, or program I can install, that will close everything on the screen with just one click of a keyboard key? That's just one click, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theoldfarter, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Close all open windows with one click.

Is there a way, or program I can install, that will close everything on the screen with just one click of a keyboard key?
    That's just one click, not using two keys with each other. Many years ago, I had a program that I installed and it closed everything open by one press of the X key. That may have been with Windows XP. I do not have the program and searching the Internet is not giving me the answer.

:)

theoldfarter, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Store opens for no reason by it's self.

Hi,

To resolve the issue with your Windows Store, we suggest that you reset it by following the steps listed:

• Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
    • Type wsreset.exe, and click OK.

It will show a command prompt window which is blank, but it is clearing the cache. Just wait for the Store to close and open automatically.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Close all open windows with one click.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Close all open windows with one click.

1. Close all open windows with one click. - Similar Threads - Close open click

2. Applications opening with one click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications opening with one click: Hello, since a recent update to Windows 10, I've noticed that all my applications open with one click. Also, emails within Outlook 365 also open just by selecting an email to preview. I've gone into File Explorer and made sure option to "Double click " was still selected....
  3. Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open

in Browsers and Email
    Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open: V1809 with the last Tuesday update. When closing Edge, it always asks to close all tabs even though there is only one tab open. [img] 119766
  4. One Click Open to Touch Screen and Double Click Open to Mouse ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One Click Open to Touch Screen and Double Click Open to Mouse ?: Hi , I am used to tablets style when it comes to touch screens where one click opens/runs apps yet however when I use the mouse its entirely different , i either want to drag , fast rename as a priority , i get to see the option is linked in folder properties , choose one...
  5. Close all Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Close all Tabs: When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how...
  6. Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one.: I have Microsoft Edge set to open a blank page when opened. When I click on it in the taskbar, two blank page Edge windows open. One closes with X but the other one only closes with Task Manager. How do I fix this? 49758
  7. close current, not all?

in Browsers and Email
    close current, not all?: If I have multiple tabs open and I click close, it asks me to close all or cancel. Where is the close current tab like IE11? 32670
  8. All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.: All my apps open momentarily and then close. The only exception seems to be the browsers. I can go through file explorer and open the files that way, but not by clicking on the desktop app boxes. I've been looking and have yet to find someone with a similar issue. Any ideas...
  9. Pretty much all Windows Settings Open for a second and then close.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pretty much all Windows Settings Open for a second and then close.: I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but I only noticed it when I couldn't pin programs to my start menu anymore, and somehow a lot of the programs that I had pinned to it were lost. (Maybe I should mention that I did move pretty much all of my appdata folders to my...
  10. All windows closing.

in Windows 10 Support
    All windows closing.: I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I check updates and if done I close settings window. Now when I do this it closes all open programs, ie google chrome or firefox....