Windows 10: Close all running programs

Discus and support Close all running programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Live Mail has not downloaded any emails from our email server Earthlink since 9/16/2020 which suspiciously happen after I did the feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BettyLongfellow, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Close all running programs

Windows Live Mail has not downloaded any emails from our email server Earthlink since 9/16/2020 which suspiciously happen after I did the feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. One of the steps for the fix is to close all running programs which I am not sure how to do. So I want to make sure that I am doing it correctly.

:)

BettyLongfellow, Oct 12, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Programs Closing

Hi,

Never heard of something like this, but the Graphics Card situation sounds familiar. I doubt your GPU is causing your programs to close though. Here's what I would do if I were in your shoes:

1. Uninstall and reinstall your GPU. Grab the latest drivers and make sure they are properly installed.
    2. Run an antivirus check. I personally recommend Malwarebytes Free.

Hope this helps.

Michaelvas17, Oct 12, 2020
  4. shevanel Win User

Close all running programs

Any software to lock a running program?

Does anyone know of an ap or program that will allow me to lock software while in use so that it cannot be closed without a password or similar?

For example, if I have a media player open and running music is there a way or an ap that will allow no one to be able to close it, minimize it or use any other software on the PC?

Thanks for any suggestions...

shevanel, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Close all running programs

1. Close all running programs - Similar Threads - Close running programs

2. Lock Screen is closing all of the programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lock Screen is closing all of the programs: So, Here is what is happening whenever I lock my computer after logging back in after 5 minutes it takes a little time more than usual to go to the password screen and it takes time after entering the password than usual. The worse thing is that it closes all the open...
  3. Laptop randomly closes all running apps overnight

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop randomly closes all running apps overnight: Roughly once every week or two, when I come to my computer in the morning I find that all my apps and everything I had opened is gone. It doesn't seem like the computer has shut down--I don't have to press the power button or anything. I can't find anything in my settings...
  4. Close Running Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Close Running Programs: Because Windows Live Mail stopped downloading emails from the server Earthlink after I did the Feature upgrade to Windows 10, version 2004 on 9/16/2020, I have to close all running programs for the fix I found. I am not sure how to do that so want to find out the correct...
  5. All Programs close on sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Programs close on sleep: On my laptop when I open the lid all of the programs are shut off, my keyboard lights are off and it takes a few minutes to log in and open up. It appears that when I close the lid and re-open it is just like turning the power on. I close lid for 30 seconds and then I am 5...
  6. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f
  7. All programs running in 32 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs running in 32 bit: I have a 64 bit operating system which is windows 10 ,but still I find in my task manager that all my programs are running in the 32 bit mode ,how would be able to solve this and make the programs run in 64 bit ?? Please help me !...
  8. Blue spinning circle on desktop with all programs closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue spinning circle on desktop with all programs closed: I have a Windows 10 64 bit PC that has the blue spinning circle, the "working" circle if you will, spinning while all programs are closed. This Desktop is quite old but I keep it awfully clean and it serves me well. I of course thought a virus/worm/script but I have scanned...
  9. Closing programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing programs: Having Window 10 is cool but I need to know why I can't close Yahoo Messenger and Skype. "Quit Skype" is in a black area on Skype and "Sign Out" in Yahoo messenger is the same. I cannot close these 2 programs, they are not Apps, when I am ready to shut down the computer. Does...
  10. Programs Closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Closing: I'm not an expert, so please go easy on me. My main problem is programs suddenly close. When using a browser (Firefox or Chrome) the program will close. Approx every 3-5 minutes. However, there are times it will stay open for significantly longer. I've tried using Firefox...