Windows 10: Close all Tabs

Discus and support Close all Tabs in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RonBin79, Jul 29, 2016.

1. RonBin79 Win User

Close all Tabs

When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem please?

:)

RonBin79, Jul 29, 2016
  2. Ugo Lopez Win User

Close all tab

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

In this case, just click on the small X close to the active tab. Does this work for you?

Please let us know.

Ugo Lopez, Jul 29, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Close all tab

Hi skizee, there should be a checkbox on that popup so you can get the app to remember your choice and say, close all open tabs every time . . .

DaveM121, Jul 29, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Close all Tabs

You didn't mention what Web Browser you're using, however from your description it sounds like you are using the 'X' in the top right of the Web Browser to close the webpage, rather than just closing the tab the webpage is in.

Using the 'X' in the top right of the Web Browser, will close the entire Web Browser including all tabs, hence why you get the message asking whether you want to "Close All Tabs". So instead, try using either the back button to go back a page, or if the back button doesn't give you the option to go back a page due to it being 'greyed out', then use the 'X' in the tab itself to close just that one tab.

Close all Tabs [​IMG]

ARC1020, Jul 29, 2016
  5. RonBin79 Win User
    Thank you for your reply. I have tried and used your advice and all is well. Thanks for your help again.

Kind regards,

(now 84)

RonBin79, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Close all Tabs

1. Close all Tabs - Similar Threads - Close Tabs

2. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft tabs always closing: Heyi recently changed my mother board and cant use a product key so i tried to use the troubleshoot feature and click on "i changed hardware on this device recently" then the Microsoft account tabs opens quick and instantly closes itself. the same happens when i click on get...
  3. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft tabs always closing: Heyi recently changed my mother board and cant use a product key so i tried to use the troubleshoot feature and click on "i changed hardware on this device recently" then the Microsoft account tabs opens quick and instantly closes itself. the same happens when i click on get...
  4. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application: My Computer will freeze for a few seconds and then crash when I try to alt tab out of a full screen application. If I close out of one the screen will go black for a few seconds and then do the same exact thing. This is also the third time I've had to ask this because no one...
  6. PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application

PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application: My Computer will freeze for a few seconds and then crash when I try to alt tab out of a full screen application. If I close out of one the screen will go black for a few seconds and then do the same exact thing. This is also the third time I've had to ask this because no one...
  7. Do recent updates prevent reopening closed tabs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do recent updates prevent reopening closed tabs?: I am using Windows 10, I'm quite happy with it and see no reason to change. However, a glitch has developed in that, it seems every time Google updates something not sure why, I haven't asked them to update anything, it closes all of my open tabs. This has, traditionally, not...
  8. Do recent updates prevent reopening closed tabs?

Do recent updates prevent reopening closed tabs?: I am using Windows 10, I'm quite happy with it and see no reason to change. However, a glitch has developed in that, it seems every time Google updates something not sure why, I haven't asked them to update anything, it closes all of my open tabs. This has, traditionally, not...
  9. Do recent updates prevent reopening closed tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can I make notepad close the tab when pressing alt+f4 or just closing notepad?

Can I make notepad close the tab when pressing alt+f4 or just closing notepad?: I want to ask a question. Can I make notepad close the tabs when closing notepad itself? It has become quite annoying. It is like opera, but opera needs it, while it is a browser, but notepad certainly not. How can I turn off this or can I even turn off this?...