Windows 10: Close all Tabs

Discus and support Close all Tabs in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RonBin79, Jul 29, 2016.

1. RonBin79 Win User

Close all Tabs

When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem please?

:)

RonBin79, Jul 29, 2016
  2. Ugo Lopez Win User

Close all tab

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

In this case, just click on the small X close to the active tab. Does this work for you?

Please let us know.

Ugo Lopez, Jul 29, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Close all tab

Hi skizee, there should be a checkbox on that popup so you can get the app to remember your choice and say, close all open tabs every time . . .

DaveM121, Jul 29, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Close all Tabs

You didn't mention what Web Browser you're using, however from your description it sounds like you are using the 'X' in the top right of the Web Browser to close the webpage, rather than just closing the tab the webpage is in.

Using the 'X' in the top right of the Web Browser, will close the entire Web Browser including all tabs, hence why you get the message asking whether you want to "Close All Tabs". So instead, try using either the back button to go back a page, or if the back button doesn't give you the option to go back a page due to it being 'greyed out', then use the 'X' in the tab itself to close just that one tab.

Close all Tabs [​IMG]

ARC1020, Jul 29, 2016
  5. RonBin79 Win User
    Thank you for your reply. I have tried and used your advice and all is well. Thanks for your help again.

Kind regards,

(now 84)

RonBin79, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Close all Tabs

1. Close all Tabs - Similar Threads - Close Tabs

2. Chrome - No More "Close Other Tabs"

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome - No More "Close Other Tabs": The "Close Other Tabs" option has gone in the latest version of Chrome. I used this quite often to cleanup unused tabs but it seems I'm one of the only 2% of users to use the feature. 143255
  3. how to close dual tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to close dual tabs: how to close the tab at the top of the screen when I click to get on my home page edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-dual-tabs/709258b3-1501-42b2-a4d8-42f37dedd3bd
  4. Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs

Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs: Whenever I close multiple tabs in Edge I get the following, standard prompt [ATTACH] However, despite me selecting Always close all tabs, the next time I close mutpile tabs I get this prompt. I've gone to [Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local...
  5. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself: Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself[ATTACH]...
  6. when ever i press d on my keyboard it keep closing my tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when ever i press d on my keyboard it keep closing my tab: when ever i press d on my keyboard it keep closing my tab i got lenovo window 10 i even ran a sfc and malwarebyte and still didnt fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-ever-i-press-d-on-my-keyboard-it-keep-closing/e15e000b-160b-4d45-b15f-24cdbcec5443
  7. In Chrome, closed tabs still seem to be holding in memory

In Chrome, closed tabs still seem to be holding in memory: Why does Chrome hold memory for all tabs that were opened, even after tabs are already closed. For example, Task Manager shows 40 tabs in memory while only 12 tabs are currently open....
  8. Closing multiple tabs easily

in Browsers and Email
    Closing multiple tabs easily: Don't know if this is posted elsewhere, just saw it in my How to Geek email. Nifty shortcuts to close multiple tabs various ways in Firefox and Chrome. *Arrow How to Select and Close Multiple Chrome or Firefox Tabs at Once 128934
  9. Closing Out Tab in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Out Tab in Edge: I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is there a shortcut on the keyboard to close out the tab I'm viewing and not close the other tabs? 126336
  10. Tabs will not close on shutdown

in Browsers and Email
    Tabs will not close on shutdown: I am on W10 Home Version 1809 and when I press shutdown the tabs will not close. I use MSN for homepage and outlook for Email. When I open the system the previous tabs that were used remain on the task bar. How do I eliminate this, thanks. . 125772