Windows 10: Close and Force Close application

Discus and support Close and Force Close application in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using mac my whole life but yesterday I got a Dell E7450. I like it and its got track-pad gestures like macOS, though they aren't as smooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/etienneunai, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Close and Force Close application

I've been using mac my whole life but yesterday I got a Dell E7450. I like it and its got track-pad gestures like macOS, though they aren't as smooth and fluid, but I'm still trying to make it as similar to my macbook as i can. The main problem is closing an application. On mac you can press cmd-Q to quit and cmd-opt-Q to force close. I know that there is alt-f4 on windows but I've turned on function lock so it's easier to use the function keys. Function lock, however, appears to disable the alt f4 shortcut.

I was wondering if any of the more experienced windows users knew of any way to close and force close applications quickly without having to turn off function lock.

submitted by /u/etienneunai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/etienneunai, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Khush_435 Win User

Windows 10 Applications Force Closing

• Did you receive any error message? - No, just force closes, so I have to manually start the app again
    • Did you install any third party security application? I have McAfee BT NetProtect Plus (it comes as a free download from my internet provider, which is BT)
    • Is the issue specific to mail and calendar app? - No, all Microsoft Apps from time-to-time, sometimes Windows App Store also force closes, but its mainly Calendar and Mail
    Also i tried the troubleshooter and no errors were found.

Khush_435, Jan 7, 2020
  3. poohsis Win User
    force closing issues

Tried all options listed. Still force closing whenever an ad comes up.

poohsis, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Close and Force Close application

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

Create a shortcut on the desktop that has this in it:

shutdown /f /r /t 0

/f = Force running applications to close without forewarning users.
    /r = Full shutdown and restart the computer.
    /t 0 = Set the time-out period before shutdown to 0 seconds (immediate restart).

Enter shutdown /? from a Command Prompt for the full list of options.

I think you're better off to wait a bit and let the programs and services close on their own, If they don't after 30 seconds or so then force them closed.

Ztruker, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Close and Force Close application

1. Close and Force Close application - Similar Threads - Close Force Close

2. Cursor stuck in top left of screen after force-closing application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor stuck in top left of screen after force-closing application: Hi.After force-closing a game window that was freezing on Steam game platform, my cursor stuck itself to the top left of my screen and now I can't move it. I think I may have clicked alt + tab in order to tab out of the freezing application.My wireless mouse Logitech G305...
  3. Cursor stuck in top left of screen after force-closing application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor stuck in top left of screen after force-closing application: Hi.After force-closing a game window that was freezing on Steam game platform, my cursor stuck itself to the top left of my screen and now I can't move it. I think I may have clicked alt + tab in order to tab out of the freezing application.My wireless mouse Logitech G305...
  4. Cursor stuck in top left of screen after force-closing application

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Applications closing autometically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications closing autometically: Hello everyone, Recently I am facing an issue. Suppose I am playing a game for quite a long like 30 min or 40 min all of a sudden it closes automatically without showing any error messages. Not only games, sometimes resource hungry software such as visual studio or android...
  6. Application force close other apps running in the background

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application force close other apps running in the background: I am using an organisation's video streaming application, after opening that application when I start watching any video all the apps running in background example chrome or any other software force close, even if I minimise the video streaming application my username is...
  7. Application force close other apps running in the background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application force close other apps running in the background: I am using an organisation's video streaming application, after opening that application when I start watching any video all the apps running in background example chrome or any other software force close, even if I minimise the video streaming application my username is...
  8. Applications accidentally closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications accidentally closed: A good enhancement would be able to put a lock on an application you don't want to accidentally shutdown. I often have multiple apps open and sometimes I accidentally close the window for an app by pressing the X in top right corner. It would be helpful if I could CHOOSE to...
  9. Photoshop CC force close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photoshop CC force close: One time photoshop was no problem, after i updated to the 1809 version of windows 10, my photoshop suddenly force close. i reinstalled photoshop or using portable and nothing happened. please help me...
  10. Minecraft Fullscreen Force Close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Fullscreen Force Close: Hello, I have Minecraft for Windows 10, the app. It ran fine in windowed mode, but I set it to go fullscreen in the options, and now it force closes at the Mojang title screen. I need to somehow reset the options. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, however it...