Windows 10: Close buttons (X) in Task View disappeared

Discus and support Close buttons (X) in Task View disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I’ve been using my new Surface Pro 6 for a couple of days now. Yesterday, I noticed that in Task View, the programs/apps running no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thomasgulikers, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Close buttons (X) in Task View disappeared

Hello,

I’ve been using my new Surface Pro 6 for a couple of days now. Yesterday, I noticed that in Task View, the programs/apps running no longer have the option to close it with the X button on the right top of each. I have reset the machine twice already, but the Xs still don't show.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks!

:)

thomasgulikers, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Lothar Win User
    Task View and Icon next to it disappears

I have Show Task View Button enabled. I pinned a File Explorer and a Google Chrome icon to the taskbar. In the taskbar reading left to right is the Task View Button then next to that is the File Explorer icon then the Chrome icon next to that.

It seems at random the Task View Button will disappear and with it whatever icon that is directly adjacent to it.. in this case, my File Explorer icon. I have to hide then reshow the Task View Button in order for my icons to show up properly.

- I'd like to be able to see the icons on the task bar all the time without the Task Bar button being shown at all but Windows won't allow me to do that. If the Task View Button is Not shown, sometimes ( I don't know why) Only the Chrome icon shows and still not the file Explorer icon ( but this only sometimes... seems like that space next to the Task View Button is linked it the Task View Button in strange ways. If I have to re-enable or hide the Task View Button sometimes both icons stay for a while and sometimes not.

I also cannot seem to move my taskbar icons to the right side of the taskbar away from the Task View Button ( i wanna put them next to the notifications icon. . How do i do that?

Lothar, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Zequez Win User

Close buttons (X) in Task View disappeared

Closing some apps from the task view closes the task view itself

For example, if you open the Task View and you close Edge, the Task View will be closed. If you do the same but close Explorer (the files browser), the Task View stays open. It seems to happen with all Modern apps. With touch screen and with mouse.

Zequez, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Close buttons (X) in Task View disappeared

1. Close buttons (X) in Task View disappeared - Similar Threads - Close buttons Task

2. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  3. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  4. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Remove Close [X] Button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Remove Close [X] Button: So i am doing a project to scare my friend.I am using .bat to run the command i tryed to search on web and couldnt find anything tbh.is there is a way to remove the Close button when .bat runs? submitted by /u/HeroBaskan [link] [comments]...
  6. My Task View Button Is not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Task View Button Is not working.: The computer I am using was just had a clean slate reset only a few months ago. when I try to use the task view it won't open. I have tried using the shortcut windows+tab and it still won't open. Everything else works perfectly it's just Task view that won't work. I have...
  7. Task View button

Task View button: I have Windows 10 and two monitors. I may have 25 or more windows open when I am creating or researching documents. When I press the Task View button, I would typically want them together or in sequence by program, eg. all the MS Word docs at least next to each other, PDFs...
  8. Task view button not working properly

Task view button not working properly: I use Windows 10 and has the latest update. Task view button shows only open windows, and not history. It used to show file history datewise and you can pick up from where you had ended. Pls give a solution Regards Suresh...
  9. Task View and Icon next to it disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View and Icon next to it disappears: I have Show Task View Button enabled. I pinned a File Explorer and a Google Chrome icon to the taskbar. In the taskbar reading left to right is the Task View Button then next to that is the File Explorer icon then the Chrome icon next to that. It seems at random the Task...
  10. Task View button

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View button: I can't seem to find this anywhere. How would I move the Task View button? I would like it to be on the right side of my Quick Launch tool bar. Right now it is in-between quick launch and my start button on the task bar. I do have Classic Shell running 15135