Windows 10: close current, not all?

Discus and support close current, not all? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If I have multiple tabs open and I click close, it asks me to close all or cancel. Where is the close current tab like IE11? 32670 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by HarryD, Dec 4, 2015.

1. HarryD Win User

close current, not all?

If I have multiple tabs open and I click close, it asks me to close all or cancel. Where is the close current tab like IE11?

:)

HarryD, Dec 4, 2015
  2. aakkam22 Win User

Close all tabs vs Close current tap option for Windows 10.

You're using Microsoft Edge, which doesn't have that option. In Edge, you can use the keyboard shortcut
    Windows Key + W to close the current tab.

You can use Internet Explorer on Windows 10, which will ask you if you want to close the current tab. To find it:

1. Open the Start menu

2. Click All Apps

3. Expand the Windows Accessories folder, and click Internet Explorer. You can also drag its icon to the taskbar to pin it there.

I do not recommend Microsoft Edge. It is a very poorly built browser that is lacking several basic features, which can be implemented quickly and easily, but aren't.

aakkam22, Dec 4, 2015
  3. bob6tm Win User
    Close all tabs vs Close current tap option for Windows 10.

why don't they add this feature

bob6tm, Dec 4, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

close current, not all?

Click the X on the current tab only, or just 'wheel click' anywhere the tab you wish to close.

close current, not all? [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 4, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Unfortunately, that's what you get using Edge. You don't get that same option as in IE.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2015
  6. HarryD Win User
    Thanks. I guess it's just growing pains with Windows 10.

HarryD, Dec 4, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    In case you do not know........
    IE11 is still in the system. Microsoft hides it under All apps > Windows Accessories.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2015
  8. HarryD Win User

close current, not all?

I saw that, thanks. I installed 10 onto this laptop so when people ask me to fix their computer, I can. I needed some experience with 10. I will however, dual boot with Windows 7. 10 alone isn't good for some reason. I'm having power related issues. Some were fixed by turning off fast startup.

HarryD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

close current, not all?

1. close current, not all? - Similar Threads - close current

2. whenever i press alt or hold it down, it closes the currently open app and spams this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever i press alt or hold it down, it closes the currently open app and spams this...: i have no footage of it yet but i will be getting some soon, its really annoying, i hold down alt and this windows shut down panel gets spammed, then when i open files some weird thing happens to the search bar its just really hard to explain...
  3. whenever i press alt or hold it down, it closes the currently open app and spams this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whenever i press alt or hold it down, it closes the currently open app and spams this...: i have no footage of it yet but i will be getting some soon, its really annoying, i hold down alt and this windows shut down panel gets spammed, then when i open files some weird thing happens to the search bar its just really hard to explain...
  4. whenever i press alt or hold it down, it closes the currently open app and spams this...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device-This device is currently in use. Close any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device-This device is currently in use. Close any...: I have tried the following:1. Ran Anti Virus2. Turned off all security software3. I've tried Task manager, Disk Mgmt, and Device Manager.4. I ran Autoruns, Handle, and Process Explorer-not finding any files being used by USB Drive.I have 1 Sandisk with MP4's, 1 Cruzer with...
  6. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device-This device is currently in use. Close any...

Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device-This device is currently in use. Close any...: I have tried the following:1. Ran Anti Virus2. Turned off all security software3. I've tried Task manager, Disk Mgmt, and Device Manager.4. I ran Autoruns, Handle, and Process Explorer-not finding any files being used by USB Drive.I have 1 Sandisk with MP4's, 1 Cruzer with...
  7. How do I stop windows 11 task view from switching when I close the current window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop windows 11 task view from switching when I close the current window?: When I close the current window, Task View automatically switches to the previous virtual desktop. I would like to stay on a blank virtual desktop....
  8. How do I stop windows 11 task view from switching when I close the current window?

How do I stop windows 11 task view from switching when I close the current window?: When I close the current window, Task View automatically switches to the previous virtual desktop. I would like to stay on a blank virtual desktop....
  9. Move the hard drive from my current computer to another computer and close all my accounts...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move the hard drive from my current computer to another computer and close all my accounts...: Hi, I want to move the hard drive from my current computer to another computer and close all my accounts from it. The old computer will have a new hard drive, with a new account and a new Windows copy. I want to keep all my accounts, Windows copy, and also my Office365 copy...
  10. Windows 10 Context menu closes quickly when files are being written to the current folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Context menu closes quickly when files are being written to the current folder...: In Windows 10 when I have a folder open and files are being written to that folder by Adobe Lightroom, the context menu will close each time a new file is written. It's impossible to create a new subfolder until the batch of files is complete because the context menu closes...