Windows 10: Close File Explorer Window

Discus and support Close File Explorer Window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Taskkill to close File Explorer ends some programs running in System Tray, because it closes the Desktop, while Ccleaner can close it without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Apr 5, 2019.

1. rdwray Win User

Close File Explorer Window

Using Taskkill to close File Explorer ends some programs running in System Tray, because it closes the Desktop, while Ccleaner can close it without ending any programs, how can this be done with a batch file?

:)

rdwray, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Close File Explorer Window :p

Frick, Apr 5, 2019
  4. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Close File Explorer Window - Similar Threads - Close File Explorer

2. File Explorer Closes after search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Closes after search: How do I fix the problem of File Explorer closing at the end of a search? File Explorer in Windows 10 Pro closes all open file explorer windows when a search ends....
  3. File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly

File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly: I have a few users on 1809 that when accessing files, file explorer will close and leave the file open at unpredictable intervals. I've tried running sfc/ scannow, I checked GPO drive mapping is set to update, the disconnect time for mapped drives is much longer than a lot of...
  4. Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing

Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing: When I open a file in File Explorer and then close it, after the close File Explorer does not return to File Explorer, but to some other app I have open. How can I set this to return to FE upon file close....
  5. File explorer random close and can't disconnect ext drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File explorer random close and can't disconnect ext drives: Hello everyone. I have a laptop that runs on win 10 x64 ver 1809 build 17763 I have some problems that I think are file explorer-related. 1) The file explorer often randomly closes without any crash. I can still use my laptop afterwards. I have to restart the file explorer...
  6. File explorer random close and can't disconnect ext drives

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer random close and can't disconnect ext drives: Hello everyone. I have a laptop that runs on win 10 x64 ver 1809 build 17763 I have some problems that I think are file explorer-related. 1) The file explorer often randomly closes without any crash. I can still use my laptop afterwards. I have to restart the file explorer...
  7. File Explorer closes when searching for a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer closes when searching for a file: In File Explorer, when I type an entry into the Search box, it momentarily shows results then File Explorer closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-closes-when-searching-for-a-file/2be6c0d9-16bb-479c-93ec-7f16e189223a
  8. Windows DVD Player and File Explorer close when reading a DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows DVD Player and File Explorer close when reading a DVD: When I try to autoplay a DVD, the Windows DVD Player will load and then immediately close. When I view the /VIDEO_TS directory in the DVD the same event happens. This behavior was not true in the past. What is going on? I am running Windows 10. My DVD drive is a HL-DT-ST...
  9. Right Click in File Explorer/priorities and closes the window

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click in File Explorer/priorities and closes the window: This just started recently, when I open file explorer , and right click on any drive, C, D, and click on "priorities" it immediately closes the File explorer window. I can open any folders ok, but can't get priorities to open on the Drives.*Mad 36969
  10. Screen flickers & then explorer closes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen flickers & then explorer closes: On a Dell Vostro 3550 laptop, there were a few issues with Windows 7, so I erased the drive, did a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro, downloaded and installed all of the drivers from Dell. Then did a Windows 10 upgrade. When Windows 10 would first boot, it kept giving a 0x...