Windows 10: "Close other apps" Error on Microsoft Camera

Discus and support "Close other apps" Error on Microsoft Camera in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated my all apps through the Microsoft store. After that Microsoft camera app is not working. All the times when I open it, this error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dineth_Yasuru, Jul 31, 2020.

1. "Close other apps" Error on Microsoft Camera

I updated my all apps through the Microsoft store. After that Microsoft camera app is not working. All the times when I open it, this error message appears. I reset It couple of times. But still, it is not working.

"Close other apps" Error on Microsoft Camera e6e07285-b583-46b6-98c3-44377706ab77?upload=true.png

:)

Dineth_Yasuru, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Skipher Win User

Windows 10 Camera App: "Close other apps" Error 0xA00F4243(0xC00D3704)

I recently purchased a Logitech Brio 4k UHD webcam. To test it out, I opened up the Windows Camera app, only to be met with an error message "Close other apps: It looks like another app is using the camera already. 0xA00F4243(0xC00D3704)"

I tried the basic troubleshooting steps such as reinstalling the driver, resetting the Camera app, contacting Logitech, which only resulted in escalating the case.

I also tried Finding out which app is using the webcam, using Process Explorer to determine which process is accessing the webcam, but Processor Explorer reports 0 processes using the webcam.

The webcam is somewhat functional; Windows Hello works, and the webcam is recognized by Skype, so my guess is that there is a driver compatibility issue with the latest Windows 10 update or something. Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

Skipher, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Camera App: "Close other apps" Error 0xA00F4243(0xC00D3704)

At this point, please try to scan and repair system:

Run CMD as admin:

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /scannow

==========================================

Try steps below:

Methods 1. Run Windows App Troubleshooter

To check if any of Windows apps are damaged, run Windows App Troubleshooter. Click on this link and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2. Try a Clean Boot

Click “Windows key” and type msconfig.
    Click “System Configuration” and open “Services” tab.
    Mark “Hide all Microsoft services” box and select “Disable all.”
    Open “Startup” tab and click “Open Task Manager.”
    Click on each startup item and select “Disable.”
    Close Task Manager and click “OK” on the System Configuration window.
    Reboot the system.
    If Clean Boot helped to fix 0xA00F4243(0xC00D3704) error, we would recommend you to enable apps one by one. After each enabled app, check if the Camera is working. This way, you will isolate the problematic application.

Method 3. Check privacy settings

Press Windows key + I to open “Settings.”
    Go to the “Privacy” category and select the “Camera option.”
    Make sure that the “Let apps use my camera” option is turned on.

Method 4: Reinstall the Camera app by running this powershell commands as administrator:
    Refer to this:How to reinstall default apps in Windows 10

Kattee Lee, Jul 31, 2020
  4. KatrineCY Win User

"Close other apps" Error on Microsoft Camera

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

"Close other apps" Error on Microsoft Camera

1. "Close other apps" Error on Microsoft Camera - Similar Threads - Close apps Error

2. camera not working ERROR : close other app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not working ERROR : close other app: LENOVO IDEAPAD S340 14IIL U81VV WIN 11 version 21H2.from1 year I've been facing this problem and may be from some updates.it shows ERROR: CLOSE OTHER APPS 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp>0xC00D3704 sometimes it even shows Camera not attached/found. Even after Manual...
  3. camera not working ERROR : close other app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera not working ERROR : close other app: LENOVO IDEAPAD S340 14IIL U81VV WIN 11 version 21H2.from1 year I've been facing this problem and may be from some updates.it shows ERROR: CLOSE OTHER APPS 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp>0xC00D3704 sometimes it even shows Camera not attached/found. Even after Manual...
  4. Camera works in some apps but not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera works in some apps but not others: Dell XPS 13 2021, Windows 11 Home up to date h/w and s/wWhen it boots, Windows says “cannot start your camera” and I can't use face signin..Camera works fine in Signal, WhatsApp and Zoom.But I get a black image in Camera and Skype , although the white LED is lit.I ran the...
  5. Camera works in some apps but not others

Camera works in some apps but not others: Dell XPS 13 2021, Windows 11 Home up to date h/w and s/wWhen it boots, Windows says “cannot start your camera” and I can't use face signin..Camera works fine in Signal, WhatsApp and Zoom.But I get a black image in Camera and Skype , although the white LED is lit.I ran the...
  6. Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera: Hi everyone:I was about to start a meeting and my camera the one that's part of my laptop wouldn't work in the meeting platform, but then I realized not even the Windows camera app was working, showing me the attached image. I tried rolling back the driver, uninstalling...
  7. Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera

Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera: Hi everyone:I was about to start a meeting and my camera the one that's part of my laptop wouldn't work in the meeting platform, but then I realized not even the Windows camera app was working, showing me the attached image. I tried rolling back the driver, uninstalling...
  8. Other apps using camera already

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other apps using camera already: When attempting to open Camera or YouCam keep getting messages that another app is using the camera already. Can find no other app accessing the camera. Have updated the drivers. Any thoughts?...
  9. Camera Close Other Apps 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAntoherApp> 0xC00D3704

Camera Close Other Apps 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAntoherApp> 0xC00D3704: Im Using Laptop Lenovo Ideapad Y700 15-Isk, From the Factory it has Windows 10 Home 1809 and the Camera is Working fine without any issue so I can use windows hello, then I Upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro version 1903, But now my camera is like that so I can't use my Built in...
  10. Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.

Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.: I know this is not a brand new issue, there are lots of articles already there on this problem, but I did't found any of them to be helpful. I'm having this problem since 4,5 months. Let me describe it clearly: Whenever I'm using my laptop and try to open camera, it shows...