Windows 10: Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.

Discus and support Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know this is not a brand new issue, there are lots of articles already there on this problem, but I did't found any of them to be helpful. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bikhyat Adhikari, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.

I know this is not a brand new issue, there are lots of articles already there on this problem, but I did't found any of them to be helpful.

I'm having this problem since 4,5 months. Let me describe it clearly:

Whenever I'm using my laptop and try to open camera, it shows the above error.
    But, if I open the camera just after starting the Laptop, then the camera App works fine.
    So, every time I need to use my camera, I've to go through restarting the laptop.
    Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already. a9beacc8-75fe-4000-825b-c15c90a448dd?upload=true.png

I tried the so called process explorer, but it ended up showing no background process using my camera.

I thought it's due to some 3rd party applications software or malicious programs so and I have reset my laptop 3 times within last three months just to get rid of this problem, but still it is not resolved.

I thought it was driver's problem, so I even removed the driver and let the window select the best driver for me, but it still didn't work.

I tried Driver Booster Pro just to make my camera driver up to date, but it also didn't work.

Now I'm totally frustrated!! Please help me as soon as possible!! Thanks in Advance.

:)

Bikhyat Adhikari, Sep 19, 2018
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Camera App Low resolution - Windows 10

To better isolate your concern, we'd like to check the following:

• The results after performing the steps posted on the link that we've shared.
    • If you're getting the same resolution when accessing the camera app on the device where the camera is physically connected.
    We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Sep 19, 2018
  4. farlex85 Win User

Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.

Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

farlex85, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.

1. Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already. - Similar Threads - Close apps looks

2. camera not working ERROR : close other app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not working ERROR : close other app: LENOVO IDEAPAD S340 14IIL U81VV WIN 11 version 21H2.from1 year I've been facing this problem and may be from some updates.it shows ERROR: CLOSE OTHER APPS 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp>0xC00D3704 sometimes it even shows Camera not attached/found. Even after Manual...
  3. camera not working ERROR : close other app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera not working ERROR : close other app: LENOVO IDEAPAD S340 14IIL U81VV WIN 11 version 21H2.from1 year I've been facing this problem and may be from some updates.it shows ERROR: CLOSE OTHER APPS 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp>0xC00D3704 sometimes it even shows Camera not attached/found. Even after Manual...
  4. My camera is in use by another app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My camera is in use by another app: I recently had to use the smart phone to join a Zoom call because my camera wouldn't work. I later tried to open the computer camera but got a message that the camera is being used by another app. How does one find out which app is using it and regain use of the camera?Error...
  5. Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.

Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.: Camera in use by another app... but it isn't. I cant get my camera to work because message says it's in use by another app. The only camera app I use is Zoom, but I don't have Zoom open....
  6. Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already: It all started when I updated my laptop. The camera is an essential part of online school, so, please I need help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-camera-issue-it-looks-like-another-app/99b030ea-7c60-4cd7-9746-a5ceae4434d4
  7. Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already": [ATTACH] My camera suddenly stopped working when I was in a videocall on Microsoft Teams. It turned black and I couldn't start the camera anymore. I tried reinstalling the driver, both from the official Lenovo site (I have a Lenovo IdeaPad C340) and via Windows, that...
  8. Camera says "It looks like another app is using camera already" error code "0xa00f4288".

Camera says "It looks like another app is using camera already" error code "0xa00f4288".: FIRST, my laptop webcam works fine when I use google meet online which means my camera hardware is working fine. HOWEVER, when I open windows camera, it says that another app is already using camera, but I checked task manager also, no app is using my camera. Please help...
  9. Other apps using camera already

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other apps using camera already: When attempting to open Camera or YouCam keep getting messages that another app is using the camera already. Can find no other app accessing the camera. Have updated the drivers. Any thoughts?...
  10. Camera being used by another app.

Camera being used by another app.: Want to use camera on laptop and reads that the camera is being used by another app that needs to be closed. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/camera-being-used-by-another-app/4529ad7b-4d3a-4cc6-9937-b5feb61d53e2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone another app usibg camera

2. it looks like another app is using the camera

3. it looks as though another app is already using the camera

4. it looks other app is using the camera already