Windows 10: Close process when a separate process closes

Discus and support Close process when a separate process closes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I use task scheduler to run a specific file (c:\Newfile.exe) when a specific program is being started (c:\Program.exe). I'd like to know how I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CntrlAltDel, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Close process when a separate process closes

So I use task scheduler to run a specific file (c:\Newfile.exe) when a specific program is being started (c:\Program.exe).

I'd like to know how I can close "Newfile.exe" when "Program.exe" closes. I know this can't be done with task scheduler, does anyone know of a way to achieve this scenario outcome?

Kind regards

:)

CntrlAltDel, Mar 26, 2019

2. Separate explorer processes - windows automatically reopens at closing

Hello,

Enable 'Launch folder windows in separate processes' in folders option and then run 'System' window. When you close 'System' window, it will reopen immediately. This may happen with other windows as well.

I reported this using Windows Feedback app as Insider over 6 months ago, on very early Windows 10 preview builds.

Please don't tell me to run sfc /scannow or other ideas like that. Such advices won't fix the issue in Windows code. The issue is confirmed by at least few people on other forum and it is possible to reproduce it on earlier builds as well.

jacmiszcz92_PL, Mar 26, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 26, 2019
  4. stocktiki Win User

Close process when a separate process closes

Edge won't close. Opens 15 or more background processes.

Hoping someone can assist with an Edge issue on a Toshiba laptop running Windows Home.

Edge has all of a sudden stopped launching. Following the direction on another thread on this amazing site, went into Task Manager and ended task on Edge. That worked .... once....

Now, Edge will open just the first time, but opens up 15-20 Edge background processes. If you try to close normally using upper right-hand corner, Edge won't close. You have to got into Task Manager each time. And when you do, again, it opens 15-20 Edge background processes

If this was another browser, I'd probably just install and reinstall, but that's not an option with Edge.

Any suggestions?

stocktiki, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Close process when a separate process closes

1. Close process when a separate process closes - Similar Threads - Close process separate

2. What background processes are okay to close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What background processes are okay to close: I have over 100 background processes and 95% I have no idea what they are so I would like to know what settings to change or what tasks are okay to close. I found a solution which is a clean boot but I am suspicious because I am disabling every service that isn't Microsoft...
  3. What background processes are okay to close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What background processes are okay to close: I have over 100 background processes and 95% I have no idea what they are so I would like to know what settings to change or what tasks are okay to close. I found a solution which is a clean boot but I am suspicious because I am disabling every service that isn't Microsoft...
  4. Critical Process Died when Gaming or Closing/Restarting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Process Died when Gaming or Closing/Restarting PC: I've been having a real trouble with Critical Process Died bluescreen. It happens when I'm gaming usually Fortnite. and EVERYTIME I close or attempt to restart my PC except for when I'm in the startup screen. I can't do anything to fix this since most things require...
  5. Critical Process Died when Gaming or Closing/Restarting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died when Gaming or Closing/Restarting PC: I've been having a real trouble with Critical Process Died bluescreen. It happens when I'm gaming usually Fortnite. and EVERYTIME I close or attempt to restart my PC except for when I'm in the startup screen. I can't do anything to fix this since most things require...
  6. Critical Process Died when Gaming or Closing/Restarting PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. What is the proper way to close unresponsive processes?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the proper way to close unresponsive processes?: I used taskkill so far to kill unresponsive processes: Code: taskkill.exe /F /FI "status eq NOT RESPONDING" However I read this is not a safe way to close process! It could mess up registry, or Windows, or program data!!! There is also cmdlet: Stop-Process, it works...
  8. Game processes get "suspended" instead of closing normally.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game processes get "suspended" instead of closing normally.: Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but googling around brought me here, and it aint an easy thing to google with these keywords. Some games still show up in process explorer - but not task manager, as suspended after I close them. Any idea whats causing this? I...
  9. Is there a shortcut to close hidden processes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to close hidden processes?: Been 10 years since I last used Windows. When I close an application like Spotify, there are still some background processes running shown in the hidden menu on the bottom right of the screen. Is there a shortcut to close these? Alt + F4 doesn't seem to do it. submitted by...
  10. Processes not closing after quiting programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Processes not closing after quiting programs: Windows Version number: 1903 (OS build 18362.449) Greetings Ladies & Gentlemen, Recently I've noticed that the processes of programs I run are not terminated after quitting them. I first discovered this when I was using the Uplay client. It got stuck during...